User Controls

NiS Book Club

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    IDK if we had a thread like this already but whatever. Let's have a NiS book club.

I am currently reading Hitler's War by David Irving, and no i'm not being edgy i have a genuine interest in Nazi Germany, the second world war and history in general.

If you want a good reading list with regards to WWII, you should read all of David Irving's books As well as Inside The Third Reich by Albert Speer, the one about Goebbels is next on my list. Unironically reading Mein Kampf is quite a trip as well. Irving has a book on Churchill too if you're not a fan of all the Nazi stuff.

What's that you say? You want to read Hitler's War too? I am glad you asked click here for the latest edition.

Anyway recommend me a good fiction to off-set the non-fiction.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I miss book fairs =/
    Originally posted by ohfralala I miss book fairs =/

Never really went to book fairs. When i was but a wee lad we already had the internet and by the age i was 12 i had a mobile phone. Now granted this was a shitty brick of a phone but a mobile phone regardless.
    I will join this book club but I’d prefer fiction.
    Wait where is the NIS writing club? Sign me up! My dreams make good short stories.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by -mal- I will join this book club but I’d prefer fiction.

We can do a fiction and a none fiction one each month or some similar arrangement.
    Originally posted by -mal- Wait where is the NIS writing club? Sign me up! My dreams make good short stories.

I'd read your short stories.
    It’s settled I’ll start a dream diary here.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    The Wasp Factory. Read it.

That book was how Oplus and I became friends.
    Originally posted by -mal- It’s settled I’ll start a dream diary here.

Didn't we have a talk about dreams before you and me? Didn't you say you always have psychedelic type dreams?
    Originally posted by RisiR † The Wasp Factory. Read it.

Dein Befehl.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Originally posted by Sophie Dein Befehl.

This is how it starts

I HAD BEEN making the rounds of the Sacrifice Poles the day we heard my brother had escaped. I already knew something was going to happen; the Factory told me.
    Octavian motherfucker
    I love WW2 history. As mentioned in my book related thread, I've been reading, "The Devil's Diary".

Octavian motherfucker

Another good read.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    If even just one person volunteers to read Godel, Escher, Bach (Hofstadter), alongside me at a pace of a chapter per week (for a total of 20 chapters), it would be enough incentive for me to make an official thread and contribute my own notes on each chapter, and anyone else who wants to get involved can read along and get involved in the conversation.

It's just that I've always wanted to read this book. It seems to touch on a lot of seemingly disparate topics, ranging from computer science and programming, to formal logic and math, along with some genetics, neuroscience, cognition, philosophy, AI, linguistics, and basically every single topic you might find mentioned in the context of the field of cognitive science.

I know that at least one among us has been working at it (Lanny):

Originally posted by Lanny I've been "reading" GEB for years lol. It's not as super mega dense and technical as people make it out to be, there are sections that are just comedy and aside from a couple pages of proofs here and there it's not like you need to grind through. But it's not a book you want to read in 10-30 minute chunks on the bus which is how I get most my reading done, so the only time I pick it up is when I go on vacation or something.

So anyone who's read part way through, join the party. You can hold off until we've all caught up with you if you want, or you can just jump right into the discussion from the get go and provide some additional insight to us burgeoning β GEBlites.
    Originally posted by RisiR † This is how it starts

I wasn't being sarcastic. But from the kind of books O+ used to read or talk about i imagine it's a delightfully dark spiral into a special kind of hell and mental illness. Feeling a bit more like some lighter reading at the moment but i will put it on my list.
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]

I read a few Culture novels but never really delved into more of his fiction.

I just might.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Sophie IDK if we had a thread like this already but whatever. Let's have a NiS book club.

I am currently reading Hitler's War by David Irving, and no i'm not being edgy i have a genuine interest in Nazi Germany, the second world war and history in general.

If you want a good reading list with regards to WWII, you should read all of David Irving's books As well as Inside The Third Reich by Albert Speer, the one about Goebbels is next on my list. Unironically reading Mein Kampf is quite a trip as well. Irving has a book on Churchill too if you're not a fan of all the Nazi stuff.

What's that you say? You want to read Hitler's War too? I am glad you asked click here for the latest edition.

Anyway recommend me a good fiction to off-set the non-fiction.

https://www.unz.com/bookstore/germar_rudolf__auschwitz-technique-and-operation-of-the-gas-chambers/
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    Subbed. I'm drunk and love this idea but when sobriety arrives I'm not sure how I'll handle the commitment.
    Octavian motherfucker

My bitch ex gave me that to read, hilarious. Especially when he attaches that kid to a kite and watches him fly away. I didn't understand his dad turning him into a girl though?
Jump to Top