User Controls

Jussie Smollett, all charges dropped

We'reAllBrownNosers African Astronaut
    Smollett's lawyers announced on Tuesday that all charges had been dropped
    He was facing 48 years behind bars on 16 felony charges for allegedly lying
    Prosecutors and police were extremely confident in their case and laid out their evidence publicly before Smollett entered a plea
    The Cook County's State's Attorney Kim Foxx recused herself over the case over contact she had with his family in the days after the incident
    Police are said to be 'furious' by the decision and were not told ahead of time that the charges would be dropped
    Smollett, who has always maintained his innocence, said in a statement via lawyers that he was relieved
    20th Century Fox said it was 'gratified' that he had been vindicated

Jussie Smollett thanked fans for their support on Tuesday after having all the charges dropped against him in a move Chicago prosecutors are refusing to explain.

Smollett had been facing up to 48 years behind bars on 16 felony counts of lying to police by claiming he was attacked on January 29 by two men he said he could not identify and who he said called him racial and homophobic slurs.

On Tuesday, an emergency hearing was scheduled during which the charges were suddenly dropped.

Smollett agreed to surrender his $10,000 bond but walked out of court a free man.

The question of why prosecutors who had boasted about their evidence against him suddenly dropped the case remains.

There is no doubt that brothers Abel and Ola Osundairo attacked him but so far, no other motive other than that Smollett asked them to and paid them to do it has emerged.

Police chiefs who eviscerated the actor are said to be 'furious' about the decision and are calling for an investigation into Kimberly Foxx, the Cook County State's Attorney once in charge of the case who recused herself for exchanging text messages with one of Smollett's relatives in the days after the attack.

They want her to face an Attorney General investigation for trying to wrestle the case out of the Chicago PD's hands and have it led by the FBI instead, something Smollett's family wanted. She stepped down but her office kept the case which was of concern to local police who called for a special prosecutor to be brought on.

In his statement on Tuesday, the actor gave no other explanation for the attack - which his personal trainers carried out on him - but said he had been truthful all along in his claims that he did not recognize them when they jumped him.

'I want to thank my family, my friends, the incredible people of Chicago and all over the country and world who have prayed for me, supported me and shown me love. No one will ever know how much that has meant to me. Not for a moment was it in vain,' he said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6852243/Charges-DROPPED-against-Jussie-Smollett.html

I told you so. I knew this wouldn't ruin his career.
    Technologist victim of incest
    Just because justice wasn’t served doesn’t mean public opinion won’t shun him.
    Black privilege at work.
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Minority* privilege
    Money privilege at work.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    The whole story sounded fishy from the very beginning to me when he didn't remove the noose around his neck.

Who wouldn't have?
    itybit African Astronaut [daze my amino pe-tsai]
    Soo I don't have time to read that, did have himself beat up or not? Give a girl the summary please
    #justiceforsmollet
    Yes Ity, but his lawyer struck a deal somehow. I’ll have to find out how also.

The Chicago police chief just spoke and said that justice wasn’t served. He said that smollet owes them an apology, but he is being aloof.
    https://niggasin.space/thread/34439?p=1#post-665241

Everybody jumps to conclusions so quickly without any proof.

Fact is, Jussie Smollett is a genius and he's going to get paid well for the work he's done, and after that, his career will be doing better than ever.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    The Nigerians should sue. Claiming they attacked him is very serious libel.
    Open season for a legit hate crime on this dude now, nobody is going to believe him the second time around
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by inert_observer Open season for a legit hate crime on this dude now, nobody is going to believe him the second time around

But the thing is no one cares enough about some random little gay black jedi to bother.

That's why no one believed this in the first place.
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country But the thing is no one cares enough about some random little gay black jedi to bother.

That's why no one believed this in the first place.

i guarantee you people will be pissed off about this
    Originally posted by inert_observer i guarantee you people will be pissed off about this

I think a lot of people would be too scared to beat him up in case they'd catch his aids too
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country I think a lot of people would be too scared to beat him up in case they'd catch his aids too

good point
    "FBI & DOJ to review the outrageous Jussie Smollett case in Chicago," Trump tweeted Thursday morning. "It is an embarrassment to our nation!"
    'They could have worn white face': Jussie Smollett lawyer offers bizarre explanation as to why the Empire actor told police his Nigerian assailants were white - and points to old video of one of them wearing make-up to play the Joker as potential proof

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6860095/Jussie-Smolletts-lawyer-says-thought-brothers-white-wearing-make-up.html

Who knows, maybe they wore white face. Maybe Smollett is a CIA asset.
    mikeyagain African Astronaut [unalterably regard the persecutor]
    Originally posted by inert_observer Open season for a legit hate crime on this dude now, nobody is going to believe him the second time around

Pretty sure that's what the cops are counting on...😊
    the boy who cried white wovlves.
Jump to Top