User Controls

Zelda BOTW

Seriously, Fuck this game I'm selling it on ebay atm. I played through the first dungeon Divine Beast which took like 15 minutes. Zelda with NO DUNGEONS? Whose genius idea was that?

I don't want to play 160 gay little 5 minute singular puzzles all with the same boring blue and orange theme, I wanna play 8 thematic dungeons with interlacing rooms and puzzles throughout. 50% of the game or more is spent holding and releasing b waiting for your teeny tiny little stamina wheel to recharge in a hollow, boring, bright ass world waiting for it to stop raining. Make me a knew one.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Damn I was looking forward to trying it too.
    Fuck are u on about it won goty
    I applaud them for trying Open World, but it's more like WIDE open and pretty bare. The same 5 main enemies over and over but with more health indicated by different colours instead of new, unique ones.

Most of all though, it's the Divine Beasts that are a joke in bad taste for how short and simple they are. No doors to unlock, no mini bosses, no new items, and the boss is the exact same one 4 times in a row. It wouldn't be so bullshit, honestly, if the game wasn't literally about 45% running and climbing.

It would be a lot better if the world was about 3 times smaller, and it wouldn't be squandering anything, because the world is about 2/3 empty space anyway.
    Darkhunter Yung Blood
    Its worse than Wind Waker
    Bologna Nacho African Astronaut
    Doesn't anyone just jack off anymore?
    Common De-mominator African Astronaut
    Which divine beast did you finish? The water one is probably the simplest. The sky one, the lava one and the sand one are all dank. It's very different to previous Zelda games but it is Gucci. If you're not having fun then you are dumb basically. The world is not bare at all, there is literally shit to do everywhere.
    Originally posted by Common De-mominator Which divine beast did you finish? The water one is probably the simplest. The sky one, the lava one and the sand one are all dank. It's very different to previous Zelda games but it is Gucci. If you're not having fun then you are dumb basically. The world is not bare at all, there is literally shit to do everywhere.

45% of the time you spend in this game is pressing the B button running through a hollow, boring ass world or climbing slowly or waiting for it to stop raining so you can climb slowly.

It's not that there isn't some good stuff in it, but the game would be three times better if the world was three times smaller. It'd make the world less bare and more interesting looking more compressed like that, and the time spent running straight forward would be less disrepectful to your time.

The water one took 15 minutes. The 4 divine beats are not adequate substitutes for 8 Zelda-tier dungeons, nor are the shrines.

The shrines are retarded. I don't want to play a singular puzzle a bunch of times, I want the OPPOSITE, which is a few elaborate, differently themed dungeons where the puzzles are interwoven into each other.

No locked doors and keys, straight linear "beasts"...ugh.

Game was rushed to make it for the switch release so they made it waaaaay bigger by adding empty space in the world and made you move waaaaaay too slowly in order to make it longer. This is why theres a bunch of singular puzzles that all LOOK THE SAME. Because it was quicker to make that than 8 fleshed out thematic dungeons.

When I was 15 and didn't care if a video game didn't intentionally disrespect my time, I'd be fine with it. Now? No way, man.
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    What does the A button do?
    Wins the movie.
    Idk, I liked the basic movement and climbing, I thought the best part of it (similar to Just Cause 2) was the fact that simply moving around the world is massively fun. The cooking system means if you stock up on lots of stamina shit, you can climb anything, glide as far as you want etc, but... You have to earn it by gathering stuff and experimenting with recipes (unless you look online). It's like temporary cheats. The same is true with the Hearty foods that give you extra temporary hearts. To me the cooking and crafting system plus the basic mobility made it a lot of fun to go and hunt out korok seeds, find Guardians to shit on and farm more guardian materials from, find and stable good horses, upgrade my house, mine ores, etc, find new shrines (which I enjoyed a lot, specially the hard to reach ones like at the dueling peaks), find new towers to activate etc.

Maybe the games just not for you if you were tired of the climbing, because I thought that was one of the best parts. You have to plan out your routes and conserve your stamina if you want to reach something and then if you do, it is intrinsically rewarding because you get to reach a high vantage point and survey the surroundings, meaning you can find stuff that isn't on the map (barely anything is), specially towers in areas you have not illuminated, which enables quick travel. Then you can either glide or shred downhill on your shield like a big baller towards your objective. In fact I reserved one shield exclusively for sledding. I also liked climbing difficult places to reach ores, which you can mine with a hammer.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I see how some like it, but it's really really not for me. I don't have the time to invest or desire to play a game where I have to spend considerable amounts of time hunting, farming, or grinding for things whatsoever.

I wanted a linear adventure game of which this is not. I knew from the announcement that this was not going to be for me. Like yeah, cool that they wanted to try open world, but in 5 years will people still be under the spell?
    🐿 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Darkhunter Its worse than Wind Waker

Fucking false.
    Played WW for like an hour, didn't have a wii U after that anymore. Wasn't really a fan.
    I think BOTW will be remembered as one of the GOATS for pushing open world gameplay.

Remember, before this game, most open world games were essentially apeing the Ubishit formula of tower hunting, then minimap collectible hunting for useless shit... Or almost completely static open worlds like GTA.

Whereas BOTW really pioneered design with regards to systems interacting, including systems in the world. For example one of my favourite things is launching a flaming arrows at grass that is upwind of an explosive barrel or enemies, then going in to fuck their shit. Or starting a fire, then using your paraglider on the updraft. Or cutting down a tree and rolling it into a goldoup of enemies. Or a whole host of other things. Similarly you can attach octorok balloons to a raft, then use the wind leaf to pilot your new blimp to wherever the fuck you want.

It's definitely not a classic Zelda game but... Damn there are like 500 of those.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    I don't even know the acronym you're talking about (ballad of the weasal I imagine) but I will happily discuss all things ocarina of time and majoras mask with you
    Type botw into Google you ignorant igmoramus
    Originally posted by Common De-mominator Type botw into Google you ignorant igmoramus

tell me what your favorite song from ocarina of time is and what's the easiest way to complete the lovers quest you redundant retard
    🐿 African Astronaut
    Eponas Song
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by 🐿 Eponas Song

It is a good song but my personal favorite is the song of storms. It's long form version is really nice. Sarias song will get stuck in your head all day like the dam Macarena
Jump to Top