User Controls

How do you explain your enthusiasm for hallucinogens?

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    Suppose that you want to be honest with someone you care about deeply, but they haven't even smoked pot and you’re not sure if they’ll be understanding.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    I'd tell them that they are artificial and that true expression of imagination should be sufficient to induce hallucinatory experiences.
    Nah I'm jk. I'd hand her a tab of acid or a few grams of shrooms and be like... "Just chill for a few minutes... You're in for a wild ride."
    And I'd reassure her that no matter what, I will dedicate my very life to ensuring that she has a good time. If I even see so much as a precursor to a bad trip, I'd go to tremendous ends to nip that potentiality right in the bud.
    Originally posted by gadzooks Nah I'm jk. I'd hand her a tab of acid or a few grams of shrooms and be like… "Just chill for a few minutes… You're in for a wild ride."

I did this to my sister and it ended very very badly

She was around 14 or so and had never done any drugs, and I was all happy and dandy the way hallucinogens tend to do and gave her a couple of tabs

She didn't know what to expect or what possibilities of effects there were or anything, so that was my fault
    Originally posted by Jυicebox I did this to my sister and it ended very very badly

Roughly 90% of my hallucinogen experiences have been absolute disasters.

But I still feel that people should try it at least once... Even if it's terrifying, it builds character. Just make sure not to keep trying if it expecting a good time if the first few are failures.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Jυicebox She was around 14 or so and had never done any drugs, and I was all happy and dandy the way hallucinogens tend to do and gave her a couple of tabs

She didn't know what to expect or what possibilities of effects there were or anything, so that was my fault

Oh ok. Age might have been a significant factor. My first time with hallucinogens (shrooms) was at 18.

And even then, it was overwhelming.
    Dissociator African Astronaut
    get them to do said halluinogens
    durrrr
    Dissociator African Astronaut
    Originally posted by gadzooks Oh ok. Age might have been a significant factor. My first time with hallucinogens (shrooms) was at 18.

And even then, it was overwhelming.

Idk I was 13 when I first did bundy and it was the correct amount of whelming
    did a true psychedelic for the first time at 15, it was either 4-aco-dmt or bk-2cb
    underwhelming but the hallucinations were ok
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    If 4acodmt was underwhelming, you probably didn't take a whole lot.

On topic, I wouldn't try to change anyone's mind. That's almost always a pointless effort. All you can do is show how it effects you and others. Give them raw, scientific information, with actual studies, and let them decide.

I find once you bring up studies people either get angry/uncomfortable about previous opinions, or they're interested by it and willing to think they may not have been correct.
    Bundy is the best starter hallucinogen. You can't really screw it up, at least not until 3rd plateau.

Even weed is more finicky.
    Common De-mominator African Astronaut
    Do psychedelics count as hallucinogens?

If so, I think it's easy to describe the difference between experience and existence and then talk about how you can experience things that are wildly outside of your normal scope of existence, and really understand "reality" with proper perspective. If you've never stepped out of the box, the box seems to be your world.
    Rizzo in a box African Astronaut [the rapidly lightproof ovariectomy]
    Originally posted by Zanick Suppose that you want to be honest with someone you care about deeply, but they haven't even smoked pot and you’re not sure if they’ll be understanding.

id tell them that they're gay. who gives a fuck
    Originally posted by GGG2

Not all psychs make you hallucinate at all doses, which is why I'm asking, you quartercuck. Hallucination is specifically when you see stuff that is not there, not all visual effects you see. For example I've never once hallucinated on acid, even if I saw the stuff that was actually there doing weird shit.
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    Yeah, I should've included psychedelics. These are all great answers! I remember telling my parents about my psychedelic use a few years ago. I didn't try to convince them or educate them, and I didn't apologize, I only tried to help them understand why I made those choices and what they meant to me. We don't really talk about it these days, but they at least understand that there's a little more to it than getting fucked up, which is what they assumed before.
    Originally posted by Common De-mominator Do psychedelics count as hallucinogens?

If so, I think it's easy to describe the difference between experience and existence and then talk about how you can experience things that are wildly outside of your normal scope of existence, and really understand "reality" with proper perspective. If you've never stepped out of the box, the box seems to be your world.

The terms hallucinogen and psychedelic are often used interchangeably.

Actual hallucinations in the psychiatrically defined sense rarely occur. I've done LSD, shrooms, salvia, and all kinds of other drugs often described as both, and never experienced hallucinations in the strict sense. That isn't to say that they are by any means not an intense experience.

Also, obligatory u gay, I'm dum, blah blah. Your feud seems to be that important so I'll play into it for your sake.
    Octavian motherfucker
    Take enough Mandy and I trip ballz.

Probably me OD'ing
    Originally posted by gadzooks The terms hallucinogen and psychedelic are often used interchangeably.

Actual hallucinations in the psychiatrically defined sense rarely occur. I've done LSD, shrooms, salvia, and all kinds of other drugs often described as both, and never experienced hallucinations in the strict sense. That isn't to say that they are by any means not an intense experience.

Also, obligatory u gay, I'm dum, blah blah. Your feud seems to be that important so I'll play into it for your sake.

Originally posted by Common De-mominator Not all psychs make you hallucinate at all doses, which is why I'm asking, you quartercuck. Hallucination is specifically when you see stuff that is not there, not all visual effects you see. For example I've never once hallucinated on acid, even if I saw the stuff that was actually there doing weird shit.

I have hallucinated on DMT.
    WE SMOOTH African Astronaut
    When you left, I ain't wanna live life, now I'm happy on the in and outside
    Rizzo in a box African Astronaut [the rapidly lightproof ovariectomy]
    what inside?
Jump to Top