User Controls

Boeing 737 Max 8 Jets tend to crater right into the ground - shitty software apparently to blame

Soyboy V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed African Astronaut [my no haunted nonbeing]
    Pilots in the U.S. complained at least 5 times in recent months about problems controlling their Boeing 737 MAX 8 jets during critical moments of flight, federal records show, adding to questions raised by deadly crashes involving that model of jetliner in Ethiopia and Indonesia.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/12/pilots-boeing-737-1266090

The problem seems to be that one sensor occasionally malfunctions so the software system turns the aircraft down more and more. The only difference between the third world crashes and the first world difficulties seem to be pilot competence - the first world pilots turned of the MCAS system, while the third worlders just pull back on the stick more and more until they run out of room to pull back and wind up crashing right into the ground.

Boeing are still denying any flaws with their shitty system.

/pol/ are blaming Boeing's pajeet software engineers.

Ghost Black Hole
    Actually it was Trumps wall that caused all the 737's to fail.

The government shutdown made it so they could get away with not following the proper regulations which led to a bunch of 737's crashing.

I HOPE THE WALL WAS WORTH IT!
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    [GSD][/GSD]
    Originally posted by Ghost Actually it was Trumps wall that caused all the 737's to fail.

The government shutdown made it so they could get away with not following the proper regulations which led to a bunch of 737's crashing.

I HOPE THE WALL WAS WORTH IT!

The 737 Max was developed and first flew on Obama's watch...BOOM NIGGER...BOOM.
    Bologna Nacho African Astronaut
    Where the hell are Ethiopian people flying to? How do they even afford it?
    A lot of people coming out defending Boeing saying that there are a few key differences between this crash and the Lion Air one a few months ago. So it’s unlikely that they have the same cause.

But no matter what the specific cause is found to be, I can almost guarantee it’s from complications related to autopilot.
    I know a few pilots and an ATC, one of em told me that ~50% of crashes are pilot error. Idr if he was talking about this or not.
    Originally posted by DietPiano I know a few pilots and an ATC, one of em told me that ~50% of crashes are pilot error. Idr if he was talking about this or not.

I’m sure they gonna end up blaming this on the pilot.

Like, the autopilot fucked them up but if the pilot did XYZ then it wouldn’t have crashed.

But they’ve probably been given highly inadequate training to be able to know how to react in those situations. If I remember right, the pilot who crashed the Lion Air plane had told someone that he hadn’t been given ANY additional training on the new planes
    Soyboy V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed African Astronaut [my no haunted nonbeing]
    How dumb are people allowed to be before their fuck-ups start to be their fault?
    Originally posted by Bologna Nacho Where the hell are Ethiopian people flying to? How do they even afford it?

Not only that, what a technological jump huh..from huts made out of yak shit and hunting with spears to a fucking 737....no wonder the damn thing crashed
    Originally posted by Methuselah If I remember right, the pilot who crashed the Lion Air plane had told someone that he hadn’t been given ANY additional training on the new planes

Then that is most definitely his fault. If a Pilot has ANY doubts about a flight he has the authority and should cancel it.
    I was actually thinking about going to Nairobi right about now with Ethiopian Airlines. I could have been on the plane that crashed. Only reason I'm not is lack of shekels - I had to stay here and get a job instead.
    Quite frankly anyone going to Nairobi voluntarily deserves to die.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!

Lol, tail was trimmed all the way to nose forward. I'm stunned that something like this could happen.
Jump to Top