User Controls

Which of the Seven Deadly Sins continue to negatively impact your existence?

WellHung Black Hole (banned)
    Folks, it can be tough putting up the necessary resistance.
    Soyboy V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed African Astronaut [my no haunted nonbeing]
    I dunno Matt, which affect you? Maybe I'll help.

• Pride - claiming to be rich
    • Greed
    • Lust - Camping in the woods outside Bossbebe's house?
    • Envy - Don't feel bad, fairly normal to be envious of me
    • Gluttony - All that coffee
    • Wrath
    • Sloth
    Ghost Black Hole
    mattchew
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    I just now realized that none of the seven deadly sins seem to have any tangible connection to drug and alcohol use.

I'm in the clear, folks.

HTS highlight reel
    Envy, basically. Hard not to be envious of wealthy beautiful people. *shrug*

Also gluttony. I love food and I'm always hungry, and it's a constant annoyance to be like "shit I'm hungry but I already ate a normal human amount of food, maybe more" and then just stay hungry when I have the choice not to.
    Ghost Black Hole
    They aren't that deadly.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by gadzooks I just now realized that none of the seven deadly sins seem to have any tangible connection to drug and alcohol use.

I'm in the clear, folks.

One could put it under gluttony, I think. 🤔
    Originally posted by HTS One could put it under gluttony, I think. 🤔

Yeah that did kinda cross my mind.

When ambiguity exists, though, I'll err on the side that appeases my fragile ego.
    For serious,

Much like pretty much everyone on the planet, I am guilty of all of them to varying degrees...

It would probably rank something like this (from most guilty to least guilty):

1. Pride.
    2. Gluttony.
    3. Lust.
    4. Greed.
    5. Envy.
    6. Sloth.
    7. Wrath.
    Soyboy V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed African Astronaut [my no haunted nonbeing]
    Originally posted by gadzooks Much like pretty much everyone on the planet

Don't other me just cos I don't sin like you do, fag.
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed Don't other me just cos I don't sin like you do, fag.

Literally everybody sins.

And I don't just mean in the Christian "original sin" sense.

Everyone thinks they're righteous.

Biggest case in point ever: Mother Theresa.

Originally posted by Wikipedia In 2013, in a comprehensive review[6] covering 96% of the literature on Mother Teresa, a group of Université de Montréal academics reinforced the foregoing criticism, detailing, among other issues, the missionary's practice of "caring for the sick by glorifying their suffering instead of relieving it."

Even literal saints are sinners.
    Jesus doesn't sin, and I'm at least two steps better than him.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Beleiving in deadly sins is seriously limiting and only the kind of thinking small minded sheep engage in
    I am the true definition of a free spirit, you will never be as free as I am. I am a contradiction to my today, out of place, distant, which I embrace fully. Nietzsche calls this "Pathos of Distance"

https://muse.jhu.edu/article/178966

"free spirits are said to possess all the traits Nietzsche praises. Ruth Abbey, for instance, characterizes the values constitutive of free spirithood as "autonomy in thought and action, intellectual strength and daring, desire and ability to pursue the truth, capacity for cruelty and the skills of dialogue."9 While it is true that Nietzsche does suggest that the dialogue is the perfect conversation,10 he nowhere associates skills in dialogue with a free spirit. Instead, the free spirit is strongly associated with isolation, which would tend to preclude conversation, skilful or otherwise."
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed Jesus doesn't sin, and I'm at least two steps better than him.

Oh yeah, well I'm so virtuous that Jesus is child support avoiding deadbeat drunk driving degenerate gambler by comparison.
    Originally posted by Ghost Beleiving in deadly sins is seriously limiting and only the kind of thinking small minded sheep engage in
    I am the true definition of a free spirit, you will never be as free as I am. I am a contradiction to my today, out of place, distant, which I embrace fully. Nietzsche calls this "Pathos of Distance"

https://muse.jhu.edu/article/178966

"free spirits are said to possess all the traits Nietzsche praises. Ruth Abbey, for instance, characterizes the values constitutive of free spirithood as "autonomy in thought and action, intellectual strength and daring, desire and ability to pursue the truth, capacity for cruelty and the skills of dialogue."9 While it is true that Nietzsche does suggest that the dialogue is the perfect conversation,10 he nowhere associates skills in dialogue with a free spirit. Instead, the free spirit is strongly associated with isolation, which would tend to preclude conversation, skilful or otherwise."

I'm all about that Gay Science.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by gadzooks Oh yeah, well I'm so virtuous that Jesus is child support avoiding deadbeat drunk driving degenerate gambler by comparison.

You pray to Jesus. Jesus prays to God. God prays to me. I don't listen. That's pretty much why nothing gets done.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed Jesus prays to God. God prays to me. I don't listen. That's pretty much why nothing gets done.

I can't attest to any of that...

Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed You pray to Jesus.

I actually pray to FSM (Sauce Be Upon Him).
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by gadzooks Even literal saints are sinners.

What do you think about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints?
    Ghost Black Hole
    I'm a sooner day saint
Jump to Top