User Controls

Modeling a vinyl record and turntable for virtual reality program

Phantasmagoria African Astronaut
    How difficult would it be to model these two items?
    How could I recreate the groves on a record and the precise motion of a turntable needle?
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    If you mean that you want to actually represent every nearly-microscopic groove in the vinyl for each and every song, then, damn, that's some complex shit.

Technically feasible, but way, way complicated.

Although, if you came up with a function/algorithm to convert individual sound wave bits into specific groove dimensions, then you really only have to write a single function once and convert every track bit by bit.
    Who African Astronaut [that staidly controlling tamarillo]
    45 , copy machine, 45 face down on copy machine, copy machine connection to PC , scan and save.

Google turntable gifs copy and save

Glad I could help
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    use a rectangular prism for the body, clyinders for the 'feet' and also a cylinder for the turntable. then use more rectangular prisms for the control buttons also use some triangles for good measure
    like this lil cousin

DontTellEm Black Hole
    acp doing some visuals. can't formulate words but posting pics. ☺️
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by DontTellEm acp doing some visuals. can't formulate words but posting pics. ☺️

What you got dumb dumb?
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    I'll dumb all over a college professor penis.
    That's well known.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    Lol. Well well.
    I didn't know that but. *Applies lotion*
    Come to think of it, it actually wouldn't be anywhere nearly as complicated as I originally envisioned...

The grooves are simply measures of sound wave impressions being etched into the vinyl material at a particular rate.

There are all kinds of libraries for loading audio samples and converting them to purely numerical arrays.

If you're proficient with coding, and also happen to have a decent grasp of some technical audio concepts like Fourier Transform, you should be good to go.
    Originally posted by gadzooks Come to think of it, it actually wouldn't be anywhere nearly as complicated as I originally envisioned…

The grooves are simply measures of sound wave impressions being etched into the vinyl material at a particular rate.

There are all kinds of libraries for loading audio samples and converting them to purely numerical arrays.

If you're proficient with coding, and also happen to have a decent grasp of some technical audio concepts like Fourier Transform, you should be good to go.

Nice google search.
    Originally posted by Erekshun Nice google search.

Originally posted by DontTellEm I'll dumb all over a college professor penis.

Y'all can call me professor Who
    Originally posted by Who 45 , copy machine, 45 face down on copy machine, copy machine connection to PC , scan and save.

Google turntable gifs copy and save

Glad I could help

Yeah, but then you need a physical copy of the record to begin with?

That's gonna be way too expensive and logistically challenging to be of any real use.
    And is the resolution of a commercially available scanner even high enough?
    Originally posted by gadzooks And is the resolution of a commercially available scanner even high enough?

If you want the real thing, you get a phonograph and connect it to a PC, for the gifs as conceptual google them
    Originally posted by Who If you want the real thing, you get a phonograph and connect it to a PC, for the gifs as conceptual google them

Yeah but how do you represent that in VR/AR?
    Originally posted by gadzooks Yeah but how do you represent that in VR/AR?

I don't code, so I would find someone that does, preferably a hot chick, for all the hours we would be spending together.
    my first car had a player piano in it lmrao kidiots and their FM stereos
Jump to Top