User Controls

The bupropion manifesto

Dissociator African Astronaut
    Bupropion is a norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake inhibitor, a3b4, a4b2 and a7 nicotinergic receptor antagonist. It has many uses, mainly in depression, smoking cessation, treatment resistant depression, adhd and anhedonia. It also seems to act as a dopamine and norepinephrine releasing agent to some degree.

Throughout my history with the drug, I;ve found many uses for it. The first time I tried it back when I was 14, after a few days it put me into my first psychosis ever, proving it does have potent dopaminergic action.

Taken orally, in the instant release or sustained release form, I notice a very slight mood lifting effect in any dose, higher doses even do not cause increase in effects, in terms of mood lifting. Higher doses do cause delerious affect.
    The xl formulation I've found is useless for everything except insufflation

Buproprion insufflation is probably the most practical way to obtain benefits from this drug. It is easiest to pulverize in its sustained or instant release, as long as the shell is washed off well enough. 100mg is a good dose to insufflate. Most people think bupropion as a recreational drug is trash but honestly if you have reality softeners (lyrica, gabapentin, phenibut, opiates,etc) to take with it and sedatives (benzos/barbiturates) to take with or at comedown, you're bound to have a decent time.

Back when my health was poor I tried insufflation of bupropion, when I was deep into my meth and coke addiction. It felt like the worst fuckin stimulant feeling ever. dirty as fuck and peripherally disgusting.

After being sober for the past 3 months, except for a 1 day relapse on mdma, and after recieving 4 amino acid/NAD neurogenesis infusions, bupropion insuff. Is pretty amazing. I think the reason why effects are so different between oral and insuf. is due to bypassing 1st pass metabolism, The metabolite hydroxybupropion is mainly adrenergic in nature.

I used to have a very well worded and more comprehensive and edited report about this, but this is the best I can remember
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    I used to IV bupropion.

It's a different drug unto a class all it's own.

Also dangerous as fuck when IV'd...

Not for the squeamish...
    Technologist victim of incest
    Is that your arm Gad? I’ve seen many arms like that, just last week I saw a very bad abcess with infection!
    Originally posted by Technologist Is that your arm Gad? I’ve seen many arms like that, just last week I saw a very bad abcess with infection!

No, thank goodness.

But I'm damn lucky it never got like that.
    In fact, since I haven't IV'd any drugs in close to 5 years, my arms look just like any other person's arms.
    Well, you said they have good needle distribution programs up there. As long as you’re needles are clean, and you don’t reuse, you shouldn’t get an infection.
    I can tell an IV drug user by the scars. I draw blood too, I’ve had to try and draw on many addicts, not easy.
    Originally posted by Technologist Well, you said they have good needle distribution programs up there. As long as you’re needles are clean, and you don’t reuse, you shouldn’t get an infection.

Yeah, its almost TOO available.

I walked out of the safe injection site on my first visit with a literal garbage bag full of clean syringes and individually packed metal cups and plastic water packets and guase, etc.

I never used the same needle twice.
    But with some things, like buproprion, the pill materials themselves can cause the infection.
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    Originally posted by gadzooks Yeah, its almost TOO available.

I walked out of the safe injection site on my first visit with a literal garbage bag full of clean syringes and individually packed metal cups and plastic water packets and guase, etc.

I never used the same needle twice.

Yeah I have brown paper bags all over my room. Each one has like 200 26 gauge needles, little metal cooker cups, alcohol swabs, cottons, latex tourniquets, etc. Fortunately even with fresh rigs, my needle game is super lame. 90% of the time I'd hit muscle or immediately have a histamine reaction that would make a huge crop-circle looking raised welt 1/2 mm or so tall on my arm. I had slightly better luck on my ankle and hands, but it still took FOREVER, and blowing out a vein on your hand is so fucking painful it's unreal. For almost a week I couldn't even lightly brush the top of my left hand without shooting pain through my fingers and up to my elbow.
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    Congrats on the relative sobriety my dude. Maybe consider not snorting your meds though. Kind of a slippery slope. Sounds like you haven't totally lobotomized yourself. Ever consider going back to school?
Jump to Top