User Controls

Apparently, to most people, the difference between an intellectual and a pseudo-intellectual

Lanny Bird of Courage
    is whether or not you agree with the views of the person in question
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Michael Myers victim of incest [divide your nonresilient tucker]
    How do I respond to this thread so that you will consider me an intellectual?
    Soyboy V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed African Astronaut [my no haunted nonbeing]
    If you drink excessively you must be a poet.

A ghetto poet.

On the internet.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    internet ghetto poet, I like it
    We'reAllBrownNosers African Astronaut
    Pseudointellectual was such a popular insult back in the day. By definition, most intellectuals are thinking inside a box. Nikola Tesla for example, thought outside the box, yet created more useful inventions than most of these 'intellectuals'
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Originally posted by We'reAllBrownNosers Pseudointellectual was such a popular insult back in the day. By definition, most intellectuals are thinking inside a box. Nikola Tesla for example, thought outside the box, yet created more useful inventions than most of these 'intellectuals'

Tesla was not a psuedointellectual if that's what you're implying.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    So the taxonomy goes something like...

Pseudointellectual (thinks they're smart but ain't).
    Intellectual (intelligent, but thinks inside the box).
    Antiintellectual (unintelligent, but thinks outside the box).
    Postintellectual (intelligent, AND thinks outside the box).

?????
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by We'reAllBrownNosers By definition, most intellectuals are thinking inside a box.

Which definition is that? I think most people would consider Tesla to be an intellectual.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Transintellecutal (intelligent soul trapped in an unintelligent body)
    HTS highlight reel
    Typical pseudointellectual bullshit.
    Tesla's ideas on the ether and other concepts in physics were not very popular is what I'm saying. Most intellectuals may have a higher than average IQ, but they're essentially useless except when it comes to debating politics or working in a lab for a corporation. That's why Tesla didn't have many good things to say about the modern (of his time) inventors. No doubt Tesla was an intellectual, but by definition, he didn't get along all that well with a whole lot of other intellectuals.
    Well, Lanny, what about it?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by HTS Typical pseudointellectual bullshit.

That was the most pseudointellectual thing I've heard all day
    An intellectual is a person who engages in critical thinking, research, and reflection about society, proposes solutions for its normative problems, and gains authority as a public figure.[1][2] Coming from the world of culture, either as a creator or as a mediator, the intellectual participates in politics either to defend a concrete proposition or to denounce an injustice, usually by rejecting, producing or extending an ideology, or by defending a system of values.[3]

Wiki

And intellectuals, most are formally trained/educated, they bring nothing new to the table.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/intellectual

Most can discuss things, they can learn, they're good at learning and understanding, but they rarely venture outside the standard, the norm. Tesla wasn't considered an authority when it came to physics. Some people said he didn't understand it very well, but he came up with better ideas than most people.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by We'reAllBrownNosers Tesla's ideas on the ether and other concepts in physics were not very popular is what I'm saying.

Sure, but there doesn't seem to be anything involved in the way we use the term "intellectual" that implies popularity. There are plenty of unpopular people widely considered intellectuals.

No doubt Tesla was an intellectual, but by definition, he didn't get along all that well with a whole lot of other intellectuals.

Ok, sure, it's not like "intellectuals" is some sacred order where everyone's expected to agree. The only point of the thread is that the term "pseudointellecutal" has morphed from "person pretending to be an intellectual but actually is not" into "person who I don't agree with"
    Oh. OH. SORRY. WE CAN'T ALL RUN WEBSITES.

*throws keyboard*SKDGFVBJ445EDRQ!
    Narc Space Nigga [connect my yokel-like scolytidae]
    Originally posted by We'reAllBrownNosers Tesla's ideas on the ether and other concepts in physics were not very popular is what I'm saying. Most intellectuals may have a higher than average IQ, but they're essentially useless except when it comes to debating politics or working in a lab for a corporation. That's why Tesla didn't have many good things to say about the modern (of his time) inventors. No doubt Tesla was an intellectual, but by definition, he didn't get along all that well with a whole lot of other intellectuals.

He did get along pretty well with pidgeons tho

Thanks for gaying this thread up, user with the long ass name I can't bother to type.
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Originally posted by Michael Myers Thanks for gaying this thread up, user with the long ass name I can't bother to type.

That is infinityshock. He's been spamming the same exact thing for like a month now. It's pretty pathetic. You need to at least vary your spam if you wanna sit at the cool kids table.
    Originally posted by GGG That is infinityshock. He's been spamming the same exact thing for like a month now. It's pretty pathetic. You need to at least vary your spam if you wanna sit at the cool kids table.

Or so I've heard. I thought he would have been banned by now. And you're right, that's exactly why he will never sit at our Cool Kids Table, he's just one of those losers who eats his lunch in the boys bathroom.
Jump to Top