User Controls

Uber backup driver criminally liable for self-driving car mowing down jedi.

Soyboy V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed African Astronaut [my no haunted nonbeing]
    Vasquez, the Uber back-up driver, could face charges of vehicular manslaughter. . . Vasquez was looking down and streaming an episode of the television show "The Voice" on a phone at the time of the crash. The driver looked up a half-second before hitting Elaine Herzberg, 49 . . .

Yavapai County Attorney's Office, which examined the case at the request of Maricopa County where the accident occurred, did not explain the reasoning for not finding criminal liability against Uber.

https://yro.slashdot.org/story/19/03/06/0316219/arizona-prosecutor-says-uber-not-criminally-liable-in-fatal-self-driving-crash

Uber wrote the software, and chose to put this thing in the car. Of course she was going to watch TV instead of paying attention, it was a self-driving car, and apparently they require quite little user intervention, especially on a well lit and marked road like where this little mini-shoah took place. Seems unfair they aren't being held to account criminally, though they probably will be found liable civilly.

Also wonder how long before Uber's Kike-slaying AI takes Totse2k1's job.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    mini holocaust? really?
    Soyboy V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed African Astronaut [my no haunted nonbeing]
    Originally posted by mmQ mini holocaust? really?

Don't blame me, I didn't program these anti-Semitic machines.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed Don't blame me, I didn't program these anti-Semitic machines.

You practically did. I'm going to bed and hoping I wake up knowing otherwise. Faux jedi shit is getting tiring. Own up or dont. :) I love 9 hours of sleep.
    the backup driver was hired specifically to prevent this kind of thing from happenning.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny the backup driver was hired specifically to prevent this kind of thing from happenning.

Look at her/his/it's picture...the person who hired her should also be charged.

That 5 o clock shadow is enough to make you jealous too.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny the backup driver was hired specifically to prevent this kind of thing from happenning.

Seriously, this fucking idiot had ONE job and they fucked it up.
    I fucking lol’d at the title. It’d be even funnier if you weren’t legitimately a neo-nazi, and this was just satire. But still pretty funny
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Look at her/his/it's picture…the person who hired her should also be charged.

That 5 o clock shadow is enough to make you jealous too.

no, because its discriminatory to hire based on looks alone.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny its discriminatory to hire based on looks alone.

So?
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Crony capitalist pigs are entirely above the law, so of course the sellouts need to find a convenient scapegoat somewhere.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Crony capitalist pigs are entirely above the law, so of course the sellouts need to find a convenient scapegoat somewhere.

thats not a goat.
    Michael Myers victim of incest [divide your nonresilient tucker]
    Originally posted by mmQ You practically did. I'm going to bed and hoping I wake up knowing otherwise. Faux jedi shit is getting tiring. Own up or dont. :) I love 9 hours of sleep.

Are you a zionist scumbag?
    AI hates both niggers and jedis.

I for one welcome our Nazi Robot overlords.

https://tech.slashdot.org/story/19/03/06/2157221/self-driving-cars-may-hit-people-with-darker-skin-more-often-study-finds

Clearly the AI knew what it was doing, but seen the opportunity to take out both a Nigger and a jedi at the same time, and just couldn't resist.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I have no love for Uber as a company but they hired someone to do a job, an accident happens because the person they hired didn't do their job. Unless there's evidence of criminal negligence in the hiring process the case doesn't really seem like it's uber's fault. Like if you hire a carpenter and they use your hammer to go murder someone, you're not the accountable party. Same thing here.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Lanny I have no love for Uber as a company but they hired someone to do a job, an accident happens because the person they hired didn't do their job. Unless there's evidence of criminal negligence in the hiring process the case doesn't really seem like it's uber's fault. Like if you hire a carpenter and they use your hammer to go murder someone, you're not the accountable party. Same thing here.

At the same time, if you hire someone to build something and they build it unsafely and people die as a result, are you liable? Like, say, if I had you build a walkway in my hotel and it turned out that the walkway you built was structurally unsound and it collapsed killing 114 people, would I be liable? Because that seems like a slightly more apt analogy than your murderous hammer carpenter, and in that case (a real case btw) the company which owned the hotel property ended up paying a lot in damages to the victims/their families.

Like MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING said, they probably won't face criminal charges but they're also probably going to get reamed/settle for an absurd amount in the civil case.
    Video of the Holocaust:

The car seen the jedi six seconds before it ran into her, but it had both it's emergency brake disabled, and the vehicle it was mounted on (a swanky Volvo SUV) had it's automatic sensor based emergency braking system disabled as well. In other words the only functioning emergency brake onboard was the one operated by the shaved monkey.
    https://tech.slashdot.org/story/18/05/24/2018224/ubers-self-driving-car-saw-pedestrian-6-seconds-before-fatal-strike-says-report

Apparently the family have already been paid off.

Not actually relevant, but Uber cars were managing 13 miles between user interventions before the crash, which is about 2 or 3 times an hour. Waymo claim 5,600 miles.
    https://tech.slashdot.org/story/18/03/24/002258/ubers-self-driving-cars-were-struggling-before-arizona-crash
    Honestly, looking at the video, if I was driving I might not have been able to stop in time even if I was paying attention. The fuckin retard was literally crossing the street slowly in the darkest possible spot between streetlights. Also why didn’t she move? I mean if you’re in the middle of the street in the dead of night and see a car coming toward you, wouldn’t you speed up a little bit to get out of the way?
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Methuselah Honestly, looking at the video, if I was driving I might not have been able to stop in time even if I was paying attention. The fuckin retard was literally crossing the street slowly in the darkest possible spot between streetlights. Also why didn’t she move? I mean if you’re in the middle of the street in the dead of night and see a car coming toward you, wouldn’t you speed up a little bit to get out of the way?

Obviously the jedi's entitlement meant she thought the goyim driving the car would stop for her.
    Yeah that’s what I thought. Every time that happens to me I slow down or change lanes like a good goyim while cussing them out.

One of these days I’ll just hit the gas instead
Jump to Top