User Controls

What was it like the first time you did drugs?

GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    For the sake of interesting conversation, and not having the same stories over and over, let's avoid marijuana/nicotine/alcohol stories unless yours is really good.

The first drug I did that was not those three, was hydrocodone. It was actually prescribed to me, and I didn't know what it was back then lol. I thought it would be no different than ibuprofen or something. Took 7.5mg and actually felt the beginning of something nice, so I googled to see if it was anything good and was extremely surprised to find out it was an opiate.

Did more research and decided that instead of using them to help my pain, I would get high instead. I think I actually worked my way up from 15mg to 22.5mg to 30mg, and before I knew it I was taking it everyday.

I think the next two after that was probably like amphetamines and spice. This was around the time I became a drug dealer for a bit and had this 6'5 dude as backup/employee lol. I got him high on his birthday once and for some reason he decided he liked me enough to help me without any compensation.

One time this dude fucked me over after I fronted him. I was going to forget about it honestly but this guy and some others who got robbed by him decided to kick his ass. Not really related to me, but that kid assumed it was I guess because he gave me my money back afterwards ($20 lol).

Then some kids at my school got busted for dealing, so I decided to stop. And then my hydrocodone ran out, and so did my friends. So that was the end of that period of my life. Kinda funny how many people will be your friend just because you're holding.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    A lot of these memories are starting to fade for me, but I'll try for some of the more interesting ones...

Heroin: This was in 2005. A couple of friends of mine were staying at my place for a few weeks. We decided "hey, let's get some heroin tonight". So my friend called his coke/crack guy, we pulled out some tin foil, and we got the party started. It was the first time for all three of us. They both wound up in the bathroom throwing up, and saying they didn't much care for the stuff. All these years later, they're the only two of the three of us that still use it habitually. Kind of ironic.

LSD: This was around 2007. I was at a rave and already had a few drinks before I got there, and then took some MDMA as well (kind of a staple at raves). I ran into this gal I knew through a friend and her and a friend were taking acid. I ended up doing a tab as well. A rave is already full of lasers and trippy visuals, loud EDM, and people dressed up like candy kids and so on. Take that environment, add a candy flip, and you have yourself quite a combo.

I wish I could remember some other firsts... But most of these were between 2002 and ~2008.
    Salvia: This was around 2006/2007. I bought some salvia from this store in East Vancouver. It was a hippie shop that had an upstairs that sold some technically illegal drugs. They weren't like out in the open or anything like that, you had to ask for them by name. I was super curious to try it, and had nobody around with me, so I took a hit in my bedroom and was absolutely floored by the whole thing. I don't even think I "broke through", as they say, but it was still pretty fucking intense. I remember posting on Totse about it literally right after.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    ~L J~ African Astronaut [this acceleratory nonflavored troubadour]
    It was so long ago but I’m pretty sure I roofied myself lol and then went rollerskating back in the day. Good times!
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    I don't know how some of you have such vivid memories of this stuff.

First drug besides those 3 was mushrooms with my freinds. We ate mushrooms, walked around from park to park smoking weed and having fun tripping out, then went back to my friends basement and smoked more weed and hung out more while tripping. Don't really remember any details.
    WE SMOOTH African Astronaut
    I squirted bundy up my ass!
    My first drug ever was codeine/promethazine cough syrup I found in our medicine cabinet. It was pretty uneventful because I didn’t know what to expect from drugs at all let alone a really subtle opiate. I went to a family members wedding and it was alright.

The next drug I did was bundy, about 300 mg of lozenges if I remember correctly. I remembered the codeine experiment and how light it was and honestly thought drugs were all going to be very subtle experiences. I went to a high school football game and hung out with some friends who were not nearly as fucked up as I was. I had to stay the night at a friends house because I was too fucked up. I remember feeling dissociated as fuck at his house staring at the ceiling fan with a 3rd friend who also took some after I told him I was fucked up.
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III honestly thought drugs were all going to be very subtle experiences.

Rookie mistake.

But it happens to all of us.

It's not so much about assuming a certain degree of subtlety, but more about just plain lacking the experience to know quite how intense some drugs can be.

By which I mean... drug subtlety/intensity is relative.
    Ketamine: I figured I'd write this story out because of how personally significant it is for me.

It was just into 2006 IIRC. There was this raver chick I had been hanging out with from time to time, starting a few weeks before my girlfriend at the time dumped me (this I know for sure was December 24th, 2005). Don't get me started on the whole guilt trip for developing a crush on one woman while I was still with another. I feel enough guilt as it is. But anyway, after my girlfriend dumped me, I pretty much started pursuing this other gal exclusively.

One night, we went out to a night club in downtown Vancouver for a drum and bass DJ (DNB was always her thing... I like DNB, but trance has always been my real go to EDM subgenre). We had a bunch of drinks, of course, and then she introduced me to a bunch of her friends (she had a lot of friends in the scene). I can't remember her exact words, but they pretty much implied that we were, at the very least, dating... Perhaps not exclusively or in any truly serious way, but I loved it anyway because I loved her.

After the club, we caught the night bus back to Surrey (a smaller city just outside of Vancouver). At the bus stop, I remember her discussing the song We Run This (Missy Elliot) with some random chicks at the bus stop. Then we all get on the bus, and her friend started K-holing. I hadn't even done the K yet, but her and her friend, being a lot more experienced in the matter than I, had commenced already. The night bus is like an hour (at least) long bus ride, so, with her friend passed the fuck out (K-holing, whatever... basically not present in any non-physical kind of way), the two of us just talked, flirted, whatever.

When we got back to her place, that's where I tried the K.

While on the bus, she ran into a dude friend and he was with us. Her lady friend was down and out for the night and passed out in the other room.

I just remember kinda sinking into the floor in a sense. I was essentially high on the ecstatic emotions brought on by quasi-requited romantic desires, so it made the whole thing that much more... Interesting.

I was experiencing euphoria (non-drug-induced) combined with a (relatively) moderate degree of dissociation.

It was awesome.

One of the best nights of my life (although not entirely brought about by the drug itself).
    Just say no to k holes kids.
    Originally posted by ohfralala Just say no to k holes kids.

Yeah I've never K-holed, and I'm happy for that fact.

For some it might be interesting and all that... But, personally, I prefer keeping at least some of my connection to the external world in tact.
    Originally posted by gadzooks Yeah I've never K-holed, and I'm happy for that fact.

For some it might be interesting and all that… But, personally, I prefer keeping at least some of my connection to the external world in tact.

how can you be happy for it if you never tried it? i've actually never k holed but i've definitely m holed before and it's very fun. you lay down and close your eyes and feel these waves of euphoric vertigo wash over your head, where each one makes the whole euphoria more intense, and then you just kind of go to this insanely trippy place it's kind of hard to describe. it sounds not fun and looks not fun but it is in fact pretty fun. you should try it.
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III how can you be happy for it if you never tried it? i've actually never k holed but i've definitely m holed before and it's very fun. you lay down and close your eyes and feel these waves of euphoric vertigo wash over your head, where each one makes the whole euphoria more intense, and then you just kind of go to this insanely trippy place it's kind of hard to describe. it sounds not fun and looks not fun but it is in fact pretty fun. you should try it.

I guess if there is such a thing as an M-hole, I can say I've been there.

I used to do MDMA all the damn time...

MDMA is just unlike any other drug though... It's like it's physically impossible to have a bad time on it (overdosing and all that aside, of course).

It's like... ridiculous levels of euphoria.

Ketamine, though, I don't even consider it moderately euphoric. It's just... Different. That's the only reason I like to do a few key bumps from time to time. It's a different experience from what I'm used to.

But a full-on K-hole (where you're completely paralyzed as far as everyone around you is concerned) sounds pretty intense.
    Originally posted by gadzooks I guess if there is such a thing as an M-hole, I can say I've been there.

I used to do MDMA all the damn time…

MDMA is just unlike any other drug though… It's like it's physically impossible to have a bad time on it (overdosing and all that aside, of course).

It's like… ridiculous levels of euphoria.

Ketamine, though, I don't even consider it moderately euphoric. It's just… Different. That's the only reason I like to do a few key bumps from time to time. It's a different experience from what I'm used to.

But a full-on K-hole (where you're completely paralyzed as far as everyone around you is concerned) sounds pretty intense.

i meant from MXE
    Originally posted by gadzooks Yeah I've never K-holed, and I'm happy for that fact.

No, it's terrible.
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III i meant from MXE

Ohhhhh.. Okay, my bad.

Admittedly, in my old age, I can't keep up with all the latest terminology.

Back in my day "M" meant one and one thing only.

But nowadays... there are too many drugs to refer to them by first letter.

(Wait, are there any other recreational drugs that start with K...?).
    Originally posted by ohfralala No, it's terrible.

You've k-holed?

Was it intentional?

I didn't even know you were a fellow drug hobbyist/enthusiast.
    Originally posted by gadzooks You've k-holed?

Was it intentional?

I didn't even know you were a fellow drug hobbyist/enthusiast.

Yes, it was intentional. I was young though. I did not enjoy the experience at all.

Originally posted by gadzooks MDMA is just unlike any other drug though… It's like it's physically impossible to have a bad time on it (overdosing and all that aside, of course).

Idk man, it's a good time, but the come down was always a smack in the face for me.
    Originally posted by ohfralala Idk man, it's a good time, but the come down was always a smack in the face for me.

Yeah, it's a guaranteed good time followed by a guaranteed bad time.

I consider it a love-hate relationship of sorts.
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    I'm so happy i made this thread
Jump to Top