User Controls

This whiskey comes with a cork. Fancy

Soyboy V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed African Astronaut [my no haunted nonbeing]

Not a whiskey expert, despite killing a fair few bottles, but it kinda tastes like shit to me to be quite honest fam.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    The shitty $10 for a fifth bourbon I used to drink came with a cork too. Didn't make it any less disgusting.
    Soyboy V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed African Astronaut [my no haunted nonbeing]
    I like bourbon. It's way smoother than Irish whiskey, and gives less of a hangover too.
    Technologist victim of incest
    Bourbon seems to be pretty popular lately. I’m learning more about it, even though I’m not a drinker. I didn’t know about aging them in different kind of wood barrels to give it a hint of different flavors. Pretty cool.
    Not just flavours. All whiskey starts off as basically vodka, a clear distilled alcohol, but whiskey is psychoactive in ways that normal vodka isn't. Druids used to worship oak, which is the wood that all whiskey is aged in. Bourbon is aged in American oaks, local whiskeys in European oaks (and flavoured with bog turf/peat and such). There are also differences in the grains used too.
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed Not just flavours. All whiskey starts off as basically vodka, a clear distilled alcohol, but whiskey is psychoactive in ways that normal vodka isn't. Druids used to worship oak, which is the wood that all whiskey is aged in. Bourbon is aged in American oaks, local whiskeys in European oaks (and flavoured with bog turf/peat and such). There are also differences in the grains used too.

Whiskey is not psychoactive in different ways. Are you thinking of congeners maybe? That's what causes all the different smells and flavors and hangovers.

The only thing that affects how alcohol hits you is metabolism. Like for example, sugar increases the rate at which you absorb alcohol. So does the carbonation in beer. This is why a glass of wine or a beer will hit harder than liquor even when you're consuming the same amount of alcohol.

Maybe I'm wrong though. If you have something about the different psychoactivity of different alcohols that DOESN'T have to do with metabolism, I'd love to hear it.
    Technologist victim of incest
    I know they also age bourbon in maple too. Had a guy I work with tell me he had some from a 30 y/o bottle of bourbon. I guess when it gets that old, it’s really smooth. I’d probably try that. I just hate the burn of alcohol. Even when I drank, I could only handle Bud Light, or fruity drinks.

I can’t even drink the dark ales, wayyyy too strong for me.
Jump to Top