User Controls

do you have to obey the orders of crossing guards, legally?

There's a lot of schools near where I live and some of them have crossing guards and I'm always curious if I'm supposed to follow their direction? Like obviously I'm not in 2nd grade so I don't need it but kids still need to cross at some point I guess and if I went against what the crossing guard is doing then it's possibly holding up traffic for what they want to do. But then again a crossing guard isn't like a cop or anything so what makes it legal for them to tell me what to do in the first place?
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III But then again a crossing guard isn't like a cop or anything so what makes it legal for them to tell me what to do in the first place?

Their authority is probably greater than a cop in their element, I bet if you disregarded them and some shit went wrong society would be out for blood.

Fucking schoololol zones, my city made it so EVERY where theres a playground you need to go 30kmph till 9:00 at night, what the fuck!
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    They're not going to arrest you.
    mikeyagain African Astronaut [unalterably regard the persecutor]
    Why is this even a question, dumbass OP??
    Technologist victim of incest
    You shouldn’t say that Mikey! He’s highly intellectual😁
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by mikeyagain Why is this even a question, dumbass OP??

It's not that bad of a (totally hypothetical) question.

I mean, I never would have even considered what might happen if I didn't obey them.

Not that I would actually do that, but I wonder if there's ever been legal precedent where two different authorities conflict...

Like, if there's a cop chasing a suspect on foot and...

Actually, come to think of it, the crossing guard is probably trained to just override the current "crosswalk status."

Still, you never know... The day might come where conflicting authorities create some kind of new legal precedence.
    Pillpopper Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by Nil Their authority is probably greater than a cop in their element, I bet if you disregarded them and some shit went wrong society would be out for blood.

Fucking schoololol zones, my city made it so EVERY where theres a playground you need to go 30kmph till 9:00 at night, what the fuck!

Well if people knew how to drive instead of buying their licenses then shit like this would not be required. Now Ricers such as yourself deserve to be ticketed every day for driving a fart box
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    Originally posted by Pillpopper Well if people knew how to drive instead of buying their licenses then shit like this would not be required. Now Ricers such as yourself deserve to be ticketed every day for driving a fart box

Buy my license? I'll have you know I took the test twice. As far as the ricer comment I don't even know what to say, I had a shitty '92 corolla because it was dirt cheap and I was broke af. Driving[recklessly] a new 300s rental at the moment, waiting for the insurance to settle, rear wheel drive cars are fucking fun in the winter.
    Soyboy V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed African Astronaut [my no haunted nonbeing]
    The question isn't their authority. They probably have none. However as a driver you are expected to obey reasonable instructions given to you by people in charge of animals, children, machinery, or just out on the road. You are not allowed to just ram a bunch of children because YOLO.
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    Everybody on my street drives the same speed except when I cross naked. I'm not obeying, as I have never looked at the street signals and I only do this while inebriated.
Jump to Top