User Controls

Electronic music is crippled by a lack of musical innovation in the instruments

Phantasmagoria African Astronaut
    Everyone uses the same vsts in a piano roll with the same finite set of configurations

People are basically engaged in what is a very elaborate version of mtv music generator for the ps1

What needs to be done is for artists to construct instruments on their own
    Another major thing that could save music is Max/MSP, a programming environment for music synthesis.
    Creating the sounds from the ground up yourself is the only way to push muic forward.
    no, you just listen to shitty electronic music
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Bueno motherfucker
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III no, you just listen to shitty electronic music

Typical simpleton reply.
    This is about a lack or creative innovation, even in "experimental" music.
    People are so caught up in their gear and recording environment that they never take the time to try and just imagine creating sounds outside the limitations of their tools.
    Btw I have the best taste of anyone on the planet and that's an objective fact.
    Originally posted by Phantasmagoria Typical simpleton reply.
    This is about a lack or creative innovation, even in "experimental" music.
    People are so caught up in their gear and recording environment that they never take the time to try and just imagine creating sounds outside the limitations of their tools.
    Btw I have the best taste of anyone on the planet and that's an objective fact.

yes, i know what you meant. if what you are referencing is popular EDM, that i agree but that's pretty much a given. i still say you listen to shitty electronic music. there is definitely some pretty innovative shit out there
    I was referring to electronic music as a whole, not the CIA jedi fabricated pseudo genre "edm".
    Originally posted by Phantasmagoria I was referring to electronic music as a whole, not the CIA jedi fabricated pseudo genre "edm".

that just makes your original premise more wrong so i dont see what you're getting at
Jump to Top