User Controls

The Day Drinking Thread

gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    So I'm day drinking again today (NOTE for backstory/context: I drink every night, but relatively rarely during the day).

And I feel that one thing we need in SG is an official Day Drinking Thread.

Bump this shit right here every time you're drunk during the day.

Also, because I'm an equal opportunity kinda guy, I do want to say "bump it if you're high" as well, but... I feel like weed might ruin that, because most stoners are stoned all the time (I speak from experience - used to be one). When taking that into consideration, this entire site should just be a "Day Drunk/High Thread Forum".

But if it's an atypical occasion for you to be under the influence of, well, anything... Then come on in and join the party.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I'm chasing Fireball whiskey shots with Strongbow cider.

Also, the TV just mentioned that the show I'm apparently about to watch features "sexually sadistic content".

It was saying "sexually suggestive content", but I totally heard "sexually sadistic content".

Imagine they showed that shit on TV in the middle of the day.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I'm drinking with myself.

Ohfralala is better at using the thanks feature than anyone else

thank you ohfralala
    I’m trying really hard to be good at at least one thing.
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    I stopped drinking.
    I've been thinking of making a "Thank"-bot that would just Thank every post it sees.

Programmatically, that would be scarily easy.

But, it would dilute the value of the whole Thanks system. So I won't.
    Crouton is like weed, but isn't exclusively for unsuccessful people.

I literally don't personally know a single person who habitually uses cannabis (more than once every other week, on average) who I consider to be "successful". This isn't true for alcohol, cocaine, even dope and meth.

Crouton is the best background drug. Besides Vicodin.

Weed is wurst.
    Originally posted by SBTlauien I stopped drinking.

Epic fail.
    Originally posted by DietPiano I literally don't personally know a single person who habitually use cannabis (more than once every other week, on average) who I consider to be "successful". This isn't true for alcohol, cocaine, even dope and meth.

Weed is wurst.

Same here. Never seen a truly "successful" pothead (and wrapping it in quotes is decent, because so-called "success" is subjective).

Originally posted by DietPiano Crouton is like weed, but isn't exclusively for unsuccessful people.

Crouton is the best background drug. Besides Vicodin.

DietPiano, I'm gonna say, and don't take this the wrong way at all, BE CAREFUL WITH OPIATES... Even Crouton.

Have fun, sow your oats, by all means.

But just bear in mind the following...

I used to think opiates were no big deal. I could do heroin one night (snorting it, not IV... YET), and then not even think about it for months.

The thing is, that eventually catches up with you and addiction sets in weeks before you even realize it.

I'm not throwing that out there to be a buzz kill, but because I know from personal experience that we all have blindspots, and one of mine was the addictive potential of opiates/opioids.

They are fun as fuck, absolutely, but NOTHING in life is free.
    ECAP Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by DietPiano Crouton is like weed, but isn't exclusively for unsuccessful people.

I literally don't personally know a single person who habitually uses cannabis (more than once every other week, on average) who I consider to be "successful".

This is truth ^^^^

And while I agree you’ve gotta be careful with the opiates you gotta be even more vigilant with booze

Day drinking every now and again is a brilliant sport
    However I’ve fallen into the day drinking turns to round the clock drinking before you know it you’re down the rabbit hole

Remember kids alcohol withdrawal can kill you. This is not true of opiates and other drugs many uneducated think are far worse than booze.

Keep a handle on this shit zooks and you should be fine, let it rule your life and if it don’t kill you you’ll end up wishing it did
    Originally posted by gadzooks Same here. Never seen a truly "successful" pothead (and wrapping it in quotes is decent, because so-called "success" is subjective).

DietPiano, I'm gonna say, and don't take this the wrong way at all, BE CAREFUL WITH OPIATES… Even Crouton.

Have fun, sow your oats, by all means.

But just bear in mind the following…

I used to think opiates were no big deal. I could do heroin one night (snorting it, not IV… YET), and then not even think about it for months.

The thing is, that eventually catches up with you and addiction sets in weeks before you even realize it.

I'm not throwing that out there to be a buzz kill, but because I know from personal experience that we all have blindspots, and one of mine was the addictive potential of opiates/opioids.

They are fun as fuck, absolutely, but NOTHING in life is free.

Yeah, I was a dope addict most of 2017. I don't take Crouton to get high though, I take it as a mood lifter and for pain. It's not a crutch for me by any means though. It doesn't seem to give me wd's or cause me to crave it though. I think the part agi and partial antag limits its addictive potential in low/moderate doses somewhat. I know what you mean though, I gotta be watch myself
    Originally posted by DietPiano Yeah, I was a dope addict most of 2017. I don't take Crouton to get high though, I take it as a mood lifter and for pain. It's not a crutch for me by any means though. It doesn't seem to give me wd's or cause me to crave it though. I think the part agi and partial antag limits its addictive potential in low/moderate doses somewhat. I know what you mean though, I gotta be watch myself

I don't know too much about Crouton... I remember trying it once like 12 years ago, and it didn't do much. But I might have not taken enough, or it might have not been quality stuff, I dunno.

I was also drinking poppy pod tea all the time back then.

Maybe that gave me a certain degree of tolerance that made Crouton less effective.

I know CWE codeine eventually became essentially useless when I was in the throes of daily heroin use. Even like 300mg of codeine would barely do anything.

Opiate tolerance is a bitch, that's for sure.
    Originally posted by ECAP This is truth ^^^^

And while I agree you’ve gotta be careful with the opiates you gotta be even more vigilant with booze

Day drinking every now and again is a brilliant sport
    However I’ve fallen into the day drinking turns to round the clock drinking before you know it you’re down the rabbit hole

Remember kids alcohol withdrawal can kill you. This is not true of opiates and other drugs many uneducated think are far worse than booze.

Keep a handle on this shit zooks and you should be fine, let it rule your life and if it don’t kill you you’ll end up wishing it did

You're right that alcohol withdrawal is technically the only potentially fatal form of withdrawal.

And, after writing my post to DietPiano, I felt a bit hypocritical. However, I stand by it because, while alcohol is in so many ways way worse than opiates, there's something about that opiate addiction that just fucking BLINDSIDES you. It did to me.

I suppose alcohol could too, but I genuinely do only day drink occasionally.

I'm actually too addicted to various hobbies and interests that I straight up couldn't day drink every day or I'd feel guilty for neglecting my other life's activities.
    Ghost Black Hole
    I haven't had a drop of liquor all year (since new years)
    Originally posted by Ghost I haven't had a drop of liquor all year (since new years)

I have a lot of friends who have absolutely no interest in liquor as well, but they usually tend to love stimulants.

I'm not super keen on stimulants, but I love liquor.

I think people really do fall into distinct categories for preferred class of drug.

And that's actually kind of an interesting phenomenon because it may be a sign that literally every habitual drug user is self-medicating in some way.

This might sound sad/depressing, but it's actually incredibly revealing. Once CRISPR-based gene editing becomes common-place, we may not even need drugs...

Imagine ending the war on drugs, shutting down all violent cartels, completely unclogging the prison system, and basically rendering every citizen on Earth a happy and productive individual, all in one fell swoop...

Shiiiiiit.
    i finished an entire bottle of ballentines in less than 10 days and now my liver hurts.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny i finished an entire bottle of ballentines in less than 10 days and now my liver hurts.

What size bottle?

I drink Ballantine's all the time.

Are you especially into scotch?
    Originally posted by gadzooks What size bottle?

I drink Ballantine's all the time.

Are you especially into scotch?

the regular 750ml size.

i drink it because its the cheapest for the time being. i prefer vodka like absolute but their normally more expensive.
    Grylls Cum Looking Faggot [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny the regular 750ml size.

i drink it because its the cheapest for the time being. i prefer vodka like absolute but their normally more expensive.

it took you 10 days to finish that?

Jump to Top