User Controls

Question re morality

Jackrabbitpsych African Astronaut
    So on dh i was often told how incredibly immoral i am.

What was so funny to me was the hypocrisy. I posted nudes..ok so thats on me. Those that bitched were putting others personal info, that they did not like, out for the wolves...addresses and work phone. Contacing family etc

So. Tell me is it more immoral to make a decisionon on your own and decide you are comfortable, as long as no one else gets hurt? Orrrr is it more immoral to solicite info from others under a guise of being a friend and spread it thru forums.

I dont care what anyone says my opinion stays the same, im just curious. I dont believe every one of us should or do live by the same moral code
    Ghost Black Hole
    Morality is subjective /Meat thread

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Yes thats why i made this because the meat thread was about not eating meat. This is about some who find this made up moral guidebook and lay these non existent f
    Morals on others
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    There's essentially no fundamental physical foundation for ethics/morality/etc, which often leads to the (seemingly inevitable) conclusion that moral relativism is the case, and then this, in turn, can lead some to justify all kinds of socially-undesirable acts, or, conversely, react with something of a sense of fear about the intangibility of it all.

The thing is, though, I would argue that LITERALLY EVERY HUMAN BEING has an ethical code, even serial killers and other assorted psychopaths. For those with genuine, bonafide genetic/neurological damage that ravages that part of the brain responsible for experiencing empathy, morality can be a more challenging venture. Often they'll act in some way that's consistent with what one might call "instrumental morality". What ultimately results in maximizing the individual's ego-centric needs is good, and what might hinder them is bad. Although, that being said, there are plenty of people with that exact neurological impairment who are somehow able to abstain from socially-undesirable / antisocial actions.

So I dunno... I guess maybe that's just an example of instrumental morality, because they fear the repercussions of their actions might kinda hinder them. It's not particularly cut and dry though.

OP, regarding your scenario, it sounds like some people really are just being dicks for one reason or another. I mean, as I mentioned above, everyone has some kind of moral compass, and 9 times out of 10, there will be major similarities among different people, and one can point to evolution as a decent explanation of that. And, at least from the version of events that you present, I would guess that 9 out of 10 people would consider you to be a victim of other people being dicks for whatever reason.

However, admittedly, that assumes there aren't some major discrepancies between the events as you describe them and how they actually happened. I feel the benefit of the doubt is warranted, though.
    Do you believe morals should focus more on your own "less than morally perceived" acts even if you yourelf do not feel they are immoral?

I have my own moral guidebook. I have been told by many people that i cant expect them to be like me. Frankly they are right. I do not apply my morals to what others do. However i have a moral code that fits me and allows me to sleep
    Originally posted by Jackrabbitpsych Do you believe morals should focus more on your own "less than morally perceived" acts even if you yourelf do not feel they are immoral?

I have my own moral guidebook. I have been told by many people that i cant expect them to be like me. Frankly they are right. I do not apply my morals to what others do. However i have a moral code that fits me and allows me to sleep

Well, I am narcissistic enough to believe that my personal moral code probably lines up pretty damn close to any objectively desirable moral code, but I'll be the first to admit there's tons of room for bias to creep in.

My basic moral guide is a slight variation on "Do unto others" (frequently associated with Christianity, but by no means exclusive to it): "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you (as well as your most dearly loved one)."

I personally add that second bit because we often hold ourselves to different standards than other people, and it helps avoid some of the ego-driven bias that we all exhibit when making moral decisions.
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    Originally posted by gadzooks What ultimately results in maximizing the individual's ego-centric needs is good, and what might hinder them is bad. Although, that being said, there are plenty of people with that exact neurological impairment who are somehow able to abstain from socially-undesirable / antisocial actions.

I mean, a lot of people are lazy. I would assume risk/reward plays more into keeping a lot of people in line than considerations of morality. I could go around and be an insulting dickhead, I can also be punched the fuck out for it.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Now, when it comes to animals, as well as future persons (i.e. in the consideration of future generations), and even hypothetical entities (like aliens, clones, 4th dimensional travelers, etc), things get a lot trickier.

Hence why the meat thread is such a happening place.
    Originally posted by gadzooks Well, I am narcissistic enough to believe that my personal moral code probably lines up pretty damn close to any objectively desirable moral code, but I'll be the first to admit there's tons of room for bias to creep in.

My basic moral guide is a slight variation on "Do unto others" (frequently associated with Christianity, but by no means exclusive to it): "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you (as well as your most dearly loved one)."

I personally add that second bit because we often hold ourselves to different standards than other people, and it helps avoid some of the ego-driven bias that we all exhibit when making moral decisions.

Lol yeah im the same. I just try to keep my ego as hidden as possible. Ego kind of gets in the way of resonable discussion at times.

So im with you. Altgough i know im right it doesnt hurt to get the viewpoints of others lol
    The moral code is never endless. There is a different type in all aspects of life.

Being moral in my eyes is keeping your unneeded and often stunted viewpoint on my life and me as a person. It was like i posted nudes and right then, i became a serial killer...lol.
    Ghost Black Hole
    A serial killer that posts nudes is simply following their Will Zum Leben to personal happiness.

So what if a few people die and someone see's your tits? It's not like that really means anything in the grand scheme of things
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    Protect ur bits! There's killers out here!
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by Ghost A serial killer that posts nudes is simply following their Will Zum Leben to personal happiness.

So what if a few people die and someone see's your tits? It's not like that really means anything in the grand scheme of things

Weren't you make fun of Germany in the other thread? Stop speaking their language then, jedi.
    Originally posted by Ghost A serial killer that posts nudes is simply following their Will Zum Leben to personal happiness.

Well i think you just covered the whole topic...lol.

Right i agree. Morality should have more to do with what you are and are not willing to do to others...imo.

Such as in my moral handbook as has always been...

A secret is a secret,if someone thought enough of you and entrusted you with it ...keep that shit on lock down

Dont be one thing to someones face and another behind their back

Dont share what isnt yours to share

Do not facilitate or wish malice on others even those who have hurt you. Thats on you not them

Dont give up...even when you are quite sure it is time...if youre here its not time.

Im not sure we all actually have a purpose but that doesnt much matter to me. Its so easy to be negative, its so easy to jump on bangwagons, its so easy to accuse and persecute others by sheer gossip.

My last thing, im proud of the person i am and have always been. The minute i allow another person to change my belief or to act in a manner i have never seen as suitible....i lose. No other person has the power to change me..
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by Sophie Weren't you make fun of Germany in the other thread? Stop speaking their language then, jedi.

Don't tell me what to do you African Nazi
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by Jackrabbitpsych Do not facilitate or wish malice on others even those who have hurt you. Thats on you not them

What a victim attitude.
    mikeyagain African Astronaut [unalterably regard the persecutor]
    Shut up before I kill you bitches..
    Originally posted by Jackrabbitpsych So on dh i was often told how incredibly immoral i am.

What was so funny to me was the hypocrisy. I posted nudes..ok so thats on me. Those that bitched were putting others personal info, that they did not like, out for the wolves…addresses and work phone. Contacing family etc

lets see your nudes before we decide if its moral or immoral.
    mikeyagain African Astronaut [unalterably regard the persecutor]
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny lets see your nudes before we decide if its moral or immoral.

You should check out her music.. The girl can sing...
    Rizzo in a box African Astronaut [the rapidly lightproof ovariectomy]
    Originally posted by Jackrabbitpsych So on dh i was often told how incredibly immoral i am.

What was so funny to me was the hypocrisy. I posted nudes..ok so thats on me. Those that bitched were putting others personal info, that they did not like, out for the wolves…addresses and work phone. Contacing family etc

So. Tell me is it more immoral to make a decisionon on your own and decide you are comfortable, as long as no one else gets hurt? Orrrr is it more immoral to solicite info from others under a guise of being a friend and spread it thru forums.

I dont care what anyone says my opinion stays the same, im just curious. I dont believe every one of us should or do live by the same moral code

everything you do is immoral and the only punishment is your eventual death
Jump to Top