User Controls

Did you ever get deliberately bad career/money advice from someone you know?

Soyboy V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed African Astronaut [my no haunted nonbeing]
    For instance a family member has a comfy job working for the city in a union, and wants me to send my CV to some scummy little company in the middle of nowhere with no union and no job security.

It seems more than stupid - it seems to me to be deliberately bad career advice. "Oh hey I'd never take this shitty job, I have self-respect and bills to pay, but it would suit you".

This is precisely why I don't even talk to him any more if I can help it. No matter what it seems like you with him you lose.
    just because they know you doesnt mean they always wanted the best for you.

or know, for that matter,
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    Maybe he has a vague idea of what you do and heard about this place needing people? I doubt this guys up at night looking up jobs you may want.
    Soyboy V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed African Astronaut [my no haunted nonbeing]
    This isn't just one case, it's been a whole history of giving me, and others, including his daughter, deliberately shitty advice.

I can't even begin to understand the mental state.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed This isn't just one case, it's been a whole history of giving me, and others, including his daughter, deliberately shitty advice.

I can't even begin to understand the mental state.

The thought process is almost undoubtedly "this isn't great, but it's better than nothing and could serve as a stepping stone to something better".

Unless you/his daughter/whoever already have jobs, and he's recommending them shittier ones. That would be fucking weird
    the truth is 99% of the people around you are retards.

you just stumbled on them.
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Why did you ask for his advice?
    Originally posted by Ajax Why did you ask for his advice?

I didn't.

Some people are just generous.
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING V: A Cat-Girl/Boy Under Every Bed I didn't.

Some people are just generous.

Then kindly tell him you didn’t ask for his advice. Or not so kindly, since it sounds like you don’t like him.

There are people willing to offer their advice around every corner, and most of it is bad advice. enhancement out the crap advice and move along and don’t ever do something just because so-and-so said so.
    Technologist victim of incest
    Only ask that kind of advise from someone you know, that has your best interest at heart. Sounds like your uncle is a jedi😜. He wants all the good stuff to himself!
Jump to Top