User Controls

Christianity BTFO'd

  1. Soyboy IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life African Astronaut [the oppositely able-bodied hop-step-and-jump]


    They can't recover.
  2. aldra Black Hole [my considered impending distributor]
    lol, I don't really understand the history well enough to follow

    if anything, wasn't the old testament more jediy?
  3. Grylls motherfucker [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    do you want some more pony porn op
  4. Grylls motherfucker [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    why are jedis so creepy
  5. Soyboy IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life African Astronaut [the oppositely able-bodied hop-step-and-jump]


    Originally posted by aldra lol, I don't really understand the history well enough to follow

    if anything, wasn't the old testament more jediy?

    Well the Old Testament is a whole bunch of books.

    The first 5 books, with Moses and the whole scam and betrayal of Egypt is the most jediey thing ever, it gets less in-your-face and unbearable as time goes on, but I certainly can't say that in my honest opinion the New Testament and Old Testament are in any significant way different.
  6. vindicktive vinny Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life



    Well the Old Testament is a whole bunch of books.

    The first 5 books, with Moses and the whole scam and betrayal of Egypt is the most jediey thing ever, it gets less in-your-face and unbearable as time goes on, but I certainly can't say that in my honest opinion the New Testament and Old Testament are in any significant way different.

    what about those dead sea scrolls ?
  7. Ghost Dark Matter [fabulously attend this hattiesburg]
    With jedis you lose
  8. gadzooks Naturally Camouflaged [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Admittedly, I have not read either Testament in their entirety, but what I have gleaned from a somewhat cursory reading of the history of Christianity, all the "eye-for-an-eye" vengeance type stuff seems to be from the Old Testament, whereas the "turn-the-other-cheek" forgiveness type stuff is pretty much all from the New Testament.

    Old Testament == jedi Bible.
    New Testament == Christian Bible.

    Also, to confuse the fuck out of things...

    Old Testament is also (part of) the Christian Bible.

    There's a reason lots of skeptics have such an easy time finding contradictions in Christian theology.
  9. Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    jedis also killed jesus
  10. gadzooks Naturally Camouflaged [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by infinityshock tore off lanny the trannys granny panties to give him a whammy in his faggy saggy fanny, made him say 'spankkk me daddyyyy' and gave him to a nappy picaninny to be his cock jockkkey....... the entire bible is a work of fiction

  11. Soyboy IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life African Astronaut [the oppositely able-bodied hop-step-and-jump]
    Originally posted by gadzooks reading of the history of Christianity, all the "eye-for-an-eye" vengeance type stuff seems to be from the Old Testament, whereas the "turn-the-other-cheek" forgiveness type stuff is pretty much all from the New Testament.

    Old Testament == jedi Bible.
    New Testament == Christian Bible

    Yeah that's the basic bitch take, but the books of the bible have many such differences of opinion between different writers and protagonists. And the books were written over thousands of years, so they reflect our intellectual development as well.

    However, if you read the bible carefully, and with a critical eye you'll find that it's pretty much all the same bronze age jedi bullshit no matter what way you spin it.
  12. gadzooks Naturally Camouflaged [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life Yeah that's the basic bitch take, but the books of the bible have many such differences of opinion between different writers and protagonists. And the books were written over thousands of years, so they reflect our intellectual development as well.

    However, if you read the bible carefully, and with a critical eye you'll find that it's pretty much all the same bronze age jedi bullshit no matter what way you spin it.

    Of course there will be variations between the different books of each testament as well, but the general themes vary in some significant ways.

    For example, Christianity incorporated Platonism/Neo-Platonism, which is where stuff like the Holy Trinity came from, and transubstantiation and the like.

    It also started incorporating Stoicism from the Roman tradition as well. That's where the "turn-the-other-cheek" stuff comes from. It's like practically quoted directly from Marcus Aurelius himself.

    And yes, you're right that there is also a chronological spread within each testament (for each book to have been written), but the differences between each book within each testament is a lot narrower than the difference between each testament as a whole.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  13. Soyboy IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life African Astronaut [the oppositely able-bodied hop-step-and-jump]
    Originally posted by gadzooks For example, Christianity incorporated Platonism/Neo-Platonism, which is where stuff like the Holy Trinity came from, and transubstantiation and the like.

    All that stuff came from Goyim after Christianity got spread by Jesus's little coven to Greece and Italy.

    It also started incorporating Stoicism from the Roman tradition as well. That's where the "turn-the-other-cheek" stuff comes from. It's like practically quoted directly from Marcus Aurelius himself.

    Turn the other cheek literally means if someone hits you, make it easier for him to hit you again. It has nothing to do with perseverance, it's about rejection of the world - which is a major theme in the more esoteric forms of Christian worship.
  14. Soyboy IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life African Astronaut [the oppositely able-bodied hop-step-and-jump]
    Is there a less understood character than Jesus? This guy went around preaching rejection of the world and rejection of materiality, and basically that the sicker you are the better you were, and people think he believed in kids and jobs and a family life?

    I mean he literally said for people to leave their friends and family, sell everything, give it all away, live on charity and be destitute and wait to die, and yet people with jobs worship him?

    He said that you should be fuck yourself up and then repent, just for the experience, as it's good for you. That's what the story of the prodigal son is about.

    He told his followers to go around and do miracles - and I don't see these fat fucks doing too much of that. Except for "spiritual" miracles. If you don't do miracles you're not a Christian - that's what the bible says.

    He literally said rich people don't get into heaven. That's what the camel through an eye of a needle line means. It means if you have money you don't go to heaven. Yet there are rich Christians. It doesn't make a lick of sense.

    It's like everything he said was interpreted into the complete opposite.
  15. Erekshun African Astronaut
    Jesus is my gardener.
  16. gadzooks Naturally Camouflaged [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life All that stuff came from Goyim after Christianity got spread by Jesus's little coven to Greece and Italy.

    There's reference to the holy trinity and transubstantiation in the New Testament books (Mathew, etc).

    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life Turn the other cheek literally means if someone hits you, make it easier for him to hit you again. It has nothing to do with perseverance, it's about rejection of the world - which is a major theme in the more esoteric forms of Christian worship.

    It is peculiar to man to love even those who do wrong. And this happens, if when they do wrong it occurs to thee that they are kinsmen, and that [b]they do wrong through ignorance and unintentionally[/b], and that soon both of you will die; and above all, that the wrong-doer has done thee no harm, for he has not made thy ruling faculty worse than it was before.

    Marcus Aurelius (Meditations).

    When a man has done thee any wrong, immediately consider with what opinion about good or evil he has done wrong. For when thou hast seen this, thou wilt pity him, and wilt neither wonder nor be angry. For either thou thyself thinkest the same thing to be good that he does or another thing of the same kind. [b]It is thy duty then to pardon him.[/b] But if thou dost not think such things to be good or evil, thou wilt more readily be well disposed to him who is in error.

    Marcus Aurelius (Meditations).

    And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

    Luke 23:34.
  17. Soyboy IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life African Astronaut [the oppositely able-bodied hop-step-and-jump]
    Ok, that's a legit take.
  18. vindicktive vinny Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by gadzooks That's where the "turn-the-other-cheek" stuff comes from. It's like practically quoted directly from Marcus Aurelius himself.

    now if any of you who are critically minded ever wondered why an álpha such as marcus would espouse and promote such a beta, pussified behavior, you needed to only look no further than this :

    https://niggasin.space/thread/33812
  19. Eval/Apply Recursed
    ITT: a dubiously understood regurgitation of nietzsche.

    Originally posted by gadzooks Of course there will be variations between the different books of each testament as well, but the general themes vary in some significant ways.

    For example, Christianity incorporated Platonism/Neo-Platonism, which is where stuff like the Holy Trinity came from, and transubstantiation and the like.

    It also started incorporating Stoicism from the Roman tradition as well. That's where the "turn-the-other-cheek" stuff comes from. It's like practically quoted directly from Marcus Aurelius himself.

    And yes, you're right that there is also a chronological spread within each testament (for each book to have been written), but the differences between each book within each testament is a lot narrower than the difference between each testament as a whole.

    I agree with most of this but it's worth noting Jesus himself was likely influenced by Greek stoic thought and Jesus died before Aurelius was born. Also Aurelius oversaw the persecution of early Christians. Which is not to say the connection isn't important, it's widely acknowledged that stoic through in the Roman empire was a big part of Rome eventually adopting Christianity, but the direct influence of Aurelius on Jesus is obviously impossible and the reverse isn't likely either.

    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life All that stuff came from Goyim after Christianity got spread by Jesus's little coven to Greece and Italy.

    lolwut?

    Turn the other cheek literally means if someone hits you, make it easier for him to hit you again. It has nothing to do with perseverance, it's about rejection of the world - which is a major theme in the more esoteric forms of Christian worship.

    That's like... what stoicism is. Nietzsche, who you're parroting here, was one among many to recognize the similarities between stoicism and Christianity. There's a reason he called both "life denying" philosophies.
  20. Soyboy IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life African Astronaut [the oppositely able-bodied hop-step-and-jump]
    Originally posted by Eval/Apply ITT: a dubiously understood regurgitation of nietzsche.



    I agree with most of this but it's worth noting Jesus himself was likely influenced by Greek stoic thought and Jesus died before Aurelius was born. Also Aurelius oversaw the persecution of early Christians. Which is not to say the connection isn't important, it's widely acknowledged that stoic through in the Roman empire was a big part of Rome eventually adopting Christianity, but the direct influence of Aurelius on Jesus is obviously impossible and the reverse isn't likely either.



    lolwut?



    That's like… what stoicism is. Nietzsche, who you're parroting here, was one among many to recognize the similarities between stoicism and Christianity. There's a reason he called both "life denying" philosophies.

    Who is this tard?
Jump to Top