we should all teach our dogs to nazi salute in solidarity
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Who
    Madman African Astronaut
    William Wallace
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by GGG Who

The guy who got arrested for making this video:

Basically just a fat Scottish shitposter who believes in "muh freeze peach".
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Goy Division Yung Blood
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
    Madman African Astronaut
    lol do you know where you are?
    Demonetization has nothing to do with free speech. It IS free speech. Youtube's free speech.

He shouldn't have been arrested though.
    Madman African Astronaut
    Civil liberties should not be extended to corporations, everybody knows they don't give a shit about what is said and is just bowing to whatever they think will alienate the fewest amount of people and make them the most money. Money sluts don't give a shit about free speech.
    Soyboy IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life African Astronaut [the oppositely able-bodied hop-step-and-jump]
    Originally posted by GGG Demonetization has nothing to do with free speech. It IS free speech. Youtube's free speech.

He shouldn't have been arrested though.

That's moronic and you are pig ignorant for still claiming that - we were through in a different thread that internet platforms, like this one, benefit from neutral platform protections. For instance if I post bomb making instructions here Lanny isn't liable, it's my action.

If youtube want to cease acting like a platform and want to act like a traditional publisher, more or less curating content like a traditional editor would, they don't deserve those protections.

In addition the right to the use of public areas for things their owners or managers may not like, like policial speech, is well established as being a fundamental right by several court rulings.
    Soyboy IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life African Astronaut [the oppositely able-bodied hop-step-and-jump]
    Anyway will Count Dank claim the communist Chinese are behind this, like Alex Jones did.

BTW this is the guy who complained and got Dankula in trouble for the pug vid.

Typical Yellow Menace Commie.
    Madman African Astronaut
    some buzzfeed fag knew about his demonetization before he did
    Ghost Black Hole
    He is a cool dude

Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life That's moronic and you are pig ignorant for still claiming that - we were through in a different thread that internet platforms, like this one, benefit from neutral platform protections. For instance if I post bomb making instructions here Lanny isn't liable, it's my action.

If youtube want to cease acting like a platform and want to act like a traditional publisher, more or less curating content like a traditional editor would, they don't deserve those protections.

In addition the right to the use of public areas for things their owners or managers may not like, like policial speech, is well established as being a fundamental right by several court rulings.

Yeah, I don't disagree with you, retard. They should be treated more like a traditional publisher if they're going to do that shit. I'm just saying that it's still free speech, so people complaining that it isn't are just being dramatic. It is the truth that this is an expression of youtube's free speech. If youtube were to have less censoring power, it would be a reduction in their freedom of speech, which I am not saying is a bad thing.

It's funny though, because I bet those people wouldn't be upset if he was actually racist and uploading racist propaganda, which would be free speech as well as long as he isn't inciting violence.

However this guy lived in the UK where there is no freedom of speech. So he got arrested and had to pay a fine of 800 monopoly dollars. Then thanks to freedom of speech in America, Youtube demonetized him.

If people want freedom of speech, this is what it looks like.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by HTS The guy who got arrested for making this video:

Basically just a fat Scottish shitposter who believes in "muh freeze peach".

I admit, I laughed at the dog doing a salute at "sieg heil"
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by GGG Yeah, I don't disagree with you, retard. They should be treated more like a traditional publisher if they're going to do that shit. I'm just saying that it's still free speech, so people complaining that it isn't are just being dramatic. It is the truth that this is an expression of youtube's free speech. If youtube were to have less censoring power, it would be a reduction in their freedom of speech, which I am not saying is a bad thing.

It's funny though, because I bet those people wouldn't be upset if he was actually racist and uploading racist propaganda, which would be free speech as well as long as he isn't inciting violence.

However this guy lived in the UK where there is no freedom of speech. So he got arrested and had to pay a fine of 800 monopoly dollars. Then thanks to freedom of speech in America, Youtube demonetized him.

If people want freedom of speech, this is what it looks like.

If I read this I will be stupider than before.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life If I read this I will be stupider than before.

It was pretty reasonable, honestly. I mean... he's right. Compelling youtube to put ads on his videos/compelling advertisers to allow it would be the much bigger violation. Maybe not of free speech, but it's a far greater overreach of authority as far as I'm concerned. And I mean, really... at least his channel is still up. Not that youtube has any obligation to keep it that way.

Mumkey Jones got cucked out of existence by youtube's bullshit... his Elliot Rodger videos pretty explicitly condemned what Elliot did, but youtube said they were glorifying a mass shooter or some shit. That's some shit to get upset about because it's not even like he did anything wrong. Dank makes edgy shitposter videos that most advertisers probably wouldn't want to be associated with. There's a reason totse pretty much only ran ads for tshirt hell and fake IDs - most advertising companies aren't jumping at the chance to get into bed with edgy content.
    Pillpopper Tuskegee Airman
    Reasonable would be not shoving shit up your fat ass evry day since very early teens
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Pillpopper Reasonable would be not shoving shit up your fat ass evry day since very early teens

That would be pretty unreasonable. Thankfully, I haven't been putting things in my ass every day for the past 13 years. Just every other day. Gotta give that thing some time to recover.
    Pillpopper Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by HTS That would be pretty unreasonable. Thankfully, I haven't been putting things in my ass every day for the past 13 years. Just every other day. Gotta give that thing some time to recover.

I heard kindergarten but whatever
    Originally posted by HTS It was pretty reasonable, honestly. I mean… he's right. Compelling youtube to put ads on his videos/compelling advertisers to allow it would be the much bigger violation. Maybe not of free speech, but it's a far greater overreach of authority as far as I'm concerned. And I mean, really… at least his channel is still up. Not that youtube has any obligation to keep it that way.

Mumkey Jones got cucked out of existence by youtube's bullshit… his Elliot Rodger videos pretty explicitly condemned what Elliot did, but youtube said they were glorifying a mass shooter or some shit. That's some shit to get upset about because it's not even like he did anything wrong. Dank makes edgy shitposter videos that most advertisers probably wouldn't want to be associated with. There's a reason totse pretty much only ran ads for tshirt hell and fake IDs - most advertising companies aren't jumping at the chance to get into bed with edgy content.

That's stupid even by your own trollish libertarian standards - the decision is the advertisers to make - not yt - and by making decisions for them yt is exercising editorial control, which makes it a traditional media station, which means that it should not have neutral platform protection.
Jump to Top