User Controls

2 Quakes hit Oakland/Berkeley

SpaceCakes African Astronaut
    sounded like someone was dropping shit above us. bang rattle rattle.

same as yesterdays quake. same size same area. And people are dying in this storm. shit was windy last night. spooky ghost winds.
    Soyboy IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life African Astronaut [the oppositely able-bodied hop-step-and-jump]
    Aren't you guys just waiting for the "big one" to knock all your stuff down, and it's already overdue or something?

Or is that just internet stuff?

How many people there are prepared for an earthquake like the one that hit Japan and caused the tsunami?
    Funny...I was just listening to NPR on my drive in this morning and they were talking about the impending "big one"...which many "experts" believe is imminent...maybe these are just warm up events to that.
    its been 9 years since. another economic implosion is way overdue.
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life Aren't you guys just waiting for the "big one" to knock all your stuff down, and it's already overdue or something?

Or is that just internet stuff?

How many people there are prepared for an earthquake like the one that hit Japan and caused the tsunami?

We have 7 large faults. the large one being the famous San Andreas. 1906 quake was over 100 years ago. that fault in the bay gets a major quake between 100 around the size of the 1906 quake. which was almost an 8 (7.8). but the last 300 years quake was 300 years ago. which Alone Natives Indians who actually had writing tablets going back hundreds of years showed they documented villages swallowed up where Napa is now. the Spanish also documented it in the late 1600s. there was a major quake in San Francisco in 1880 as well. just not that many people lived in San Francisco back then. but by 1906 it was nearly the population of SF is today. but of course the bay area has 7 million. so the over all population is growing fast.

Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Funny…I was just listening to NPR on my drive in this morning and they were talking about the impending "big one"…which many "experts" believe is imminent…maybe these are just warm up events to that.

I didn't want to tl;dr for above. this was on the Hayward Fault which is another big shaker making faultline. it can produce a 7.5 unlike the larger San Andreas which could create close to a 9. but it runs under Cal Berkeley campus and probably half a million homes from Fremont all the way to Richmond. (Hills alone) those homes will be wrecked. the 1880 quake I believe was from the Hayward Fault when very few farm houses exist where all these homes exist today.

the roads in the Oakland and Berkeley hills are like a mouse maze. they come to a dead end. one after another with a few main roads that connect them all. if everyone had to evacuate at the same time it would be a fucked situation. A million people all trying to drive out of narrow windy roads barely enough for one car wide. Hayward Earthquake is overdue.

Originally posted by vindicktive vinny its been 9 years since. another economic implosion is way overdue.

If a quake was big enough, i'm fairly sure that MOON PERSON is going to fall on top of the Salesforce since it's leaning towards it.

our new trans bay terminal is a shitshow. still not open since it was found to have broken steel beams 2-3 months ago. it's brand new. it was open for like 10 days and then shut back down. San Francisco topples.. the economy would be slammed. Wall Street would be a nightmare. And finally.. all the people who moved here would probably leave. hell, I am a several generation Californian and I would probably leave since the bay area is the way it is now. fuck dying from dyptheria
    Oh, there is a thing called "Earthquake weather" which it's usually warm and still. no wind. it's raining and there is lightening which itself is rare around here.

It's bad enough to have a quake on a nice blue sky day. it would be really fucked if a big quake ripped houses apart during a major rain storm. drowning from being trapped.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Lanny is dead guys
    Wut-Da'MadFuq

This past Saturday on SNL

reminds me of this little Real Life ditty

kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    dat predicted programming dough fam!
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby dat predicted programming dough fam!

was it a repeat?

as far as the second one about the asian plane, that crazy fucker at NTSB. What the fuck was he thinking. I mean only in the bay area could some Government Official say some crazy shit like this. unless it was someone out of Washing DC. still that was crazy as fuck to make this Joke from a Fed Official.
Jump to Top