User Controls

Creating chaos in a city

We'reAllBrownNosers African Astronaut
    So blackouts and brown-outs are often caused by a squirrel simply getting into a transformer, meaning it's very easy to screw up the 'grid'. What if you decided to cause a shit-ton of chaos in a city, either for profit or just as a terrorist... How would you go about doing this? Preferably, ideas that aren't with the goal of hurting people directly. If you fry the grid, it's estimated millions of people will die of dehydration within a couple days anyhow.

I would imagine targeting gas stations and places that supply fuel with IEDs, cell towers, banks, police stations, helicopters, news choppers and police choppers, etc, would be effective. A lot of cities are also using an unencrypted wireless traffic signal network, so, maybe turn all the lights green in the whole city and keep them on green? Have timers set off to dump oil all over the major roads, so that they're extra slippery and hazardous. Ever see how long it takes to fix a highway when a single 18 wheeler flips over and catches on fire? Many, many hours.

After-all, IEDs are cheap and easy to make. Timers are simple, remote controls are easy and simple.

We all know that if ISIS weren't just a creation of British Intel and CIA they'd be doing stuff more like this instead of just targeting people that nobody cares about like civilians. In order to do this stuff you'd probably want to take out a bunch of cameras first. The riots recently in France have proven that it isn't too hard to take out a shit-load of cameras. Maybe just point something at them that destroys them with a timer, so they all go out at the same time. In all the chaos, it shouldn't be too hard to steal a shitload of gold and firearms, which are worth a ton of money. Right? GPS devices, hand-held radars, etc, all worth a ton of money, and don't weigh much. If you had assembled a large enough crew of people to collaborate on this, it could turn out to be quite profitable.

EDIT: forgot to mention, if you have trouble locating cell towers or other important radio transmitters, you can always get ahold of a software defined radio with a good frequency range, and use that to locate them. Or an "RF detector" although I've heard they're not entirely hidden from the public.

Thoughts?

The first devices Dr. Gavreau implemented were designed to imitate the "accident" which first made his research group aware of infrasonics. They designed real organ pipes of exceedingly great width and length. The first of these was six feet in diameter and seventy five feet long. These designs were tested outdoors, securely propped against protective sound-absorbent walls. The investigators stood at a great distance. Two forms of these infrasonic organ pipes were built. The first utilized a drive piston which pulsed the pipe output. The second utilized compressed air in a more conventional manner.

The main resonant frequency of these pipes occurred in the "range of death", found to lie between three and seven cycles per second. These sounds could not be humanly heard, a distinct advantage for a defense system. The effects were felt however. The symptoms come on rapidly and unexpectedly, though the pipes were operating for a few seconds. Their pressure waves impacted against the entire body in a terrible and inescapable grip. The grip was a pressure which came in on one from all sides simultaneously, an envelope of death.

Next came the pain, dull infrasonic pressure against the eyes and ears. Then came a frightening manifestation on the material supports of the device itself. With sustained operation of the pipe, a sudden rumble rocked the area, nearly destroying the test building. Every pillar and joint of the massive structure bolted and moved. One of the technicians managed to ignore the pain enough to shut down the power supply.
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Thoughts on what? Your post or where the fuck your mind is? WTF?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Erekshun Thoughts on what? Your post or where the fuck your mind is? WTF?

What do you mean WTF? Thoughts on how to effectively create chaos throughout a large, modern city.
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Why tho?
    Originally posted by Erekshun Why tho?

Because I work for;lsaoudhfoa9s8yftgop8sa9dhf nd we need HUMINT (human intelligence) although we mostly do SIGINT(signals intelligence)

lol j/k

I just got bored and was wondering, if any of you had any (good) ideas on how to do this sort of stuff.

EDIT: I think attacking hospitals with IEDs should also help. Ambulances, fire stations. Remember, the goal here is to minimize casualties (if you can)

But all ideas are welcome.

EDIT2: I should also mention, remote neural monitoring is real, so if you suspect they already have a reason to read your thoughts remotely, they probably do. Wearing a faraday cage may or may not help. Biophotons can be encoded to reveal brain activity, and they can come from any part of the body. anti-cholinergic drugs may or may not help. Couldn't really say.
    Ghost Black Hole
    It came from Nazi Germany, a little dangerous chemical weapon,

Sarin Sarin --,

If you inhale the mysterious vapor, you will fall with

bloody vomit from your mouth,

Sarin--, Sarin--, Sarin--, the chemical weapon.

'Song of Sarin, the Brave "In the peaceful night of Matsumoto City

People can be killed, even with our own hands,

The place is full of dead bodies all over,

There! Inhale Sarin, Sarin,

Prepare Sarin! Prepare Sarin! Immediately poisonous gas weapons will fill the place.

Spray! Spray! Sarin, the Brave, Sarin.
    Man, back on totse people would've posted a shit-ton of great ideas to create chaos in a city by now. People are such pussies these days.
    Ghost Black Hole
    One time when I was smoking weed with my friends we dipped behind an alley and found a random electric fence protecting a transformer and my friend was baked and decided to throw a metal rod at it.

The rod hit the fence and the electricity arced, there was a bright flash and it jumped to my friend who was standing a few feet away. He wasn't injured but he smelled like burnt hair.

We also knocked out power for a good portion of the city and made the news. My parents texted me saying they were stuck in traffic because the lights all stopped working. My friend took a shower and changed his clothes and we never got in trouble or got caught.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Soyboy IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life African Astronaut [the oppositely able-bodied hop-step-and-jump]
    Film yourself adding toxins, like roundup, to a water reservoir, release the footage, and watch everyone panic. I doubt it'd do any harm due to extreme dilution, but the disruption would.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life Film yourself adding toxins, like roundup, to a water reservoir, release the footage, and watch everyone panic. I doubt it'd do any harm due to extreme dilution, but the disruption would.

>Roundup
    >toxin

GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Originally posted by Ghost One time when I was smoking weed with my friends we dipped behind an alley and found a random electric fence protecting a transformer and my friend was baked and decided to throw a metal rod at it.

The rod hit the fence and the electricity arced, there was a bright flash and it jumped to my friend who was standing a few feet away. He wasn't injured but he smelled like burnt hair.

We also knocked out power for a good portion of the city and made the news. My parents texted me saying they were stuck in traffic because the lights all stopped working. My friend took a shower and changed his clothes and we never got in trouble or got caught.

One time on the Fourth of July my family was setting off fireworks and one flew into a power line. The whole thing lit up bright ass blue and we saw the police come and question neighbors before coming to our house, where we denied setting off any fireworks. Of course we denied it and they left.

My friend who lived a mile down on the other side of the power lines said he saw it light up blue down there too, so I really wonder how many people saw it
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by GGG One time on the Fourth of July my family was setting off fireworks and one flew into a power line.

Bologna Nacho African Astronaut
    And then?
    Ghost Black Hole
    set off one of those wheel fireworks in a populated area near an airport.
    Airports, hmm. Fireworks are good, easy to get, reliable.
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING IV: The Flower of Death and The Crystal of Life Film yourself adding toxins, like roundup, to a water reservoir, release the footage, and watch everyone panic. I doubt it'd do any harm due to extreme dilution, but the disruption would.

or use fentanyl.

and see if its as lethal as advertised.
    btw, real álpha crashes the economy.
    trippymindfuk African Astronaut
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny or use fentanyl.

and see if its as lethal as advertised.

I would like some fentanyl water
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Get a basement. Raise locusts in the basement. Have large population of locusts. Kill off the weak ones using slightly less than recommended amount of powerful insecticides. Breed the survivors. Repeat process until most of the population is resistant to the pesticides. Begin to release the locusts.
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    The movie "Fight Club" did a good job of blowing up some important buildings.
Jump to Top