Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    bla
    bla
    bla

Interesting...
    What does the color blue smell like?

I don't have synesthesia but if i did i'd like it to smell like the ocean.
    Mayberry Houston
    Did you know that purple doesn't exist as a single colour, but only as a combination of other colours?
    I don't have synesthesia but if i did i'd like it to smell like the ocean.
    All salty and fish shitty?
    Did you know that purple doesn't exist as a single colour, but only as a combination of other colours?

That's true for all colors save for Red, Green, Blue, and Black.

Hell yeah, Oxford comma at 'Blue'. Get on my English level.
    Mayberry Houston
    That's true for all colors save for Red, Green, Blue, and Black.

I meant it doesn't exist in the visible spectrum. For example, we know red + green = yellow, but yellow exists as a standalone colour in the spectrum, while purple does not.
    arthur treacher African Astronaut
    fuck the visible spectrum
    I meant it doesn't exist in the visible spectrum. For example, we know red + green = yellow, but yellow exists as a standalone colour in the spectrum, while purple does not.

Is that so? That's pretty cool.

raspberry
    Dissociator African Astronaut
    Blue smells staticky , slightly sweet
    Iron John Houston

same as orange, brown, pink, green.

There are only three primary colors: red, yellow and blue.

All other colors (except black and white) are a combination of mixing two or more colors.
    Iron John Houston
    There is a color associated with each day of the week/planet:

Sunday - yellow (Sun)

Monday - white (Moon)

Tuesday - red (Mars)

Wednesday - orange (Mercury)

Thursday - blue (Jupiter)

Friday - green (Venus)

Saturday - black (Saturn)

Also the elements:

Earth - green

Air - yellow

Fire - red

Water - blue
    Iron john, have you read any of manly p. hall's works?

some wierd stuff
    Iron John Houston
    Iron john, have you read any of manly p. hall's works?

some wierd stuff

No, I'm not really into the works of modern-day occultists. I'm more of a collector. I don't take occultism (or religion) seriously, it's all just kitsch.
    No, I'm not really into the works of modern-day occultists. I'm more of a collector. I don't take occultism (or religion) seriously, it's all just kitsch.

yeah, I was more referring to his works that explore the meaning behind the color/weeknames symbolism

I don't care about the occult stuff much either

its been a while since I read any of this stuff, but supposedly there are some very good reasons why people believe some of the things that they believe, but all the old learning was couched in symbolism and ritual, and over the ages, the original meaning was corrupted, and the old sciences and methods are now forever lost to history. implications of hints of lost, forgotten high civilizations, and their memories echoed in the stories of gods embodying concepts and ideals, that sort of thing is compelling to me.
    Iron John Houston
    yeah, I was more referring to his works that explore the meaning behind the color/weeknames symbolism

I don't care about the occult stuff much either

Magical tables of correspondence go back to at least the Middle Ages, possibly earlier. I think a lot of it is based on Judaism.

Interestingly, the Irish have very different correspondence tables:

https://archive.org/stream/TheLeborFeasaRunda/The%20Lebor%20Feasa%20Runda#page/n123/mode/2up
    Magical tables of correspondence go back to at least the Middle Ages, possibly earlier. I think a lot of it is based on Judaism.

Interestingly, the Irish have very different correspondence tables:

https://archive.org/stream/TheLeborF.../n123/mode/2up

I edited my post above. supposedly all this stuff goes back way, way farther than that, to some unnamed civilization that predated the oldest known so far. at least, if you believe the author I mentioned. he was supposedly very high up in certain secret societies based on ancient 'mystery religions' or something like that, so either he is in the know about some of this stuff, or he is just an occult wierdo. still, compelling reading. I recommend starting with 'the secret teachings of all ages'

well, anyone who is interested, not necessarily you, IJ. I assume that you don't have the time or inclination to tackle a book that is like three tolkein novels put together in length
    Iron John Houston
    I edited my post above. supposedly all this stuff goes back way, way farther than that, to some unnamed civilization that predated the oldest known so far. at least, if you believe the author I mentioned. he was supposedly very high up in certain secret societies based on ancient 'mystery religions' or something like that, so either he is in the know about some of this stuff, or he is just an occult wierdo. still, compelling reading. I recommend starting with 'the secret teachings of all ages'

Occultism is full of bullshit, like any other type of religious system.
Jump to Top