User Controls

Wikipedia Day!

This is, I guess, an event that celebrates Wikipedia's birthday with cake. I'm thinking about attending since somebody is hosting one in my city. It might be gay though if there's only a few people. Especially since I'm not an editor.

Wikipedia is the most revolutionary information distribution system since the printing press. Maybe even the most in human history, honestly.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Dude fucking happy birthday!!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Deleted most the posts in this thread because it was off topic SHITGARBAGE.

Anyway, wikipedia is dank. Editor culture is kinda weird, like I think that's what "library people" evolved into. They're not particularly offensive, just kinda autistic and... weird. But they do their thing and it facilitates the world's best encyclopedia which turns out to be a super important kind of thing, so go wiki editors I guess.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    Originally posted by Lanny Deleted most the posts in this thread because it was off topic SHITGARBAGE.

Anyway, wikipedia is dank. Editor culture is kinda weird, like I think that's what "library people" evolved into. They're not particularly offensive, just kinda autistic and… weird. But they do their thing and it facilitates the world's best encyclopedia which turns out to be a super important kind of thing, so go wiki editors I guess.

Mine was about wikipedia :(
    Originally posted by Lanny Deleted most the posts in this thread because it was off topic SHITGARBAGE.

Anyway, wikipedia is dank. Editor culture is kinda weird, like I think that's what "library people" evolved into. They're not particularly offensive, just kinda autistic and… weird. But they do their thing and it facilitates the world's best encyclopedia which turns out to be a super important kind of thing, so go wiki editors I guess.

Thank you. You finally moderated.

I cringe when people say wikipedia isn't a valid source when anyone so much as whispers that they read AMYTHING from it.
    Like, because it was from wikipedia that automatically makes whatever you cited to be false.

The broader the entry the more likely it is to be fairly accurate. The more specific an entry gets, the less accurate it gets.

Wikipedia is basically the best first source to look at to get a broad overview of whatever topic you're interested in.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by DietPiano Thank you. You finally moderated.

I cringe when people say wikipedia isn't a valid source when anyone so much as whispers that they read AMYTHING from it.
    Like, because it was from wikipedia that automatically makes whatever you cited to be false.

The broader the entry the more likely it is to be fairly accurate. The more specific an entry gets, the less accurate it gets.

Wikipedia is basically the best first source to look at to get a broad overview of whatever topic you're interested in.

Sourcr pppp?????

What's your BMI, kid?
    Originally posted by mmQ Sourcr pppp?????

What's your BMI, kid?

Pretty sure the pdc guy was wrong. I bought my own scale, and I'm more like ~140 rather than 133.

It would make sense for me to get that muscle/fat linch testing thing the military does instead of BMI.
    BMI is kind of inaccurate.

wikipedia is nothing but a mob monopoly of informations.

their truth is only as far as the people will go to cite their sources, sources however, need not to be true.

and your a faggot for deleting other peoples truth.
    CandyRein Black Hole
    Sometimes being a dork and a stoner ... the two words collide

And you find yourself looking up your name and finding out you’re a Buddha to people

At least your name 😋

Thank you Wikipedia 🙋🏽‍♀️💖
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny wikipedia is nothing but a mob monopoly of informations.

their truth is only as far as the people will go to cite their sources, sources however, need not to be true.

I don't see how that's a "mob monopoly". I don't think you even know what those words mean or you wouldn't use them together. So basically eat shit.
    Originally posted by Lanny I don't see how that's a "mob monopoly". I don't think you even know what those words mean or you wouldn't use them together. So basically eat shit.

the geeks who mod the place are the mob. they and only they get to decide what is true and legit.
    Originally posted by CandyRein Sometimes being a dork and a stoner … the two words collide

And you find yourself looking up your name and finding out you’re a Buddha to people

At least your name 😋

Thank you Wikipedia 🙋🏽‍♀️💖

i searched tara with safe search turned off.
    Originally posted by DietPiano Wikipedia is the most revolutionary information distribution system since the printing press.

Um not the advent of the internet then which wiki kind of relies on?
    Narc Space Nigga [connect my yokel-like scolytidae]
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny the geeks who mod the place are the mob. they and only they get to decide what is true and legit.

But a monopoly is when one person controls everything. A mob is a whole bunch of people taking control.

A mob monopoly is an oxymoron.

Idiot.

Originally posted by Narc But a monopoly is when one person controls everything. A mob is a whole bunch of people taking control.

A mob monopoly is an oxymoron.

Idiot.

a mob is an entity.

things can be monopolized by an individual, a group, a conglomerate, a country, a coporation, and yes,

a mob.

gott damm englishes who fail at englishing.
    i didn't know there was such thing as editor culture

Lanny

whoa, lanny thanked something outrightly wrong just to spite me.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    No, narc was right. I don't tell you how ching chong goolong works so don't try to tell me how English works.
    HTS highlight reel
    Sounds like it would be painful for everyone involved. My sweet little autists looking for any excuse to come out of their shells and finding the weirdest possible outlet. Typical. *sigh*

I hope it goes well. Sounds like the kind of thing I would go to and immensely regret.
    Originally posted by Lanny No, narc was right. I don't tell you how ching chong goolong works so don't try to tell me how English works.

i know your trolling but for the rest of them out there :

monopoly (mə-nŏpˈə-lē)►

n.
    Exclusive control by one group of the means of producing or selling a commodity or service: "Monopoly frequently … arises from government support or from collusive agreements among individuals” ( Milton Friedman).
    n.
    Law A right granted by a government giving exclusive control over a specified commercial activity to a single party.
    n.
    A company or group having exclusive control over a commercial activity.

More at Wordnik from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

mob (mŏb)►

n.
    A large disorderly crowd or throng. See Synonyms at crowd1.
    n.
    The mass of common people; the populace.
    n.
    Informal An organized gang of criminals; a crime syndicate.

More at Wordnik from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
Jump to Top