User Controls

What motivates u in life?

WellHung Black Hole (banned)
    Why do u do wut u do?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    My job. Running the competition out of town.
    ScarletLetter Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by WellHung Why do u do wut u do?

cuz i can— why else! 🤟
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Good question; one I dwell upon with quite some regularity.

One could simply make reference to evolutionary biology and psychology, and say that all of our primary motivators boil down to self-preservation, and, for the most part, genetic replication via reproduction. And I wouldn't find such reductionism totally inaccurate.

However, it's worth considering other possibilities. The brain is a complex organ, and people tend to go directly against evolutionary goals all the time (e.g.: suicide bombers; the voluntarily celibate; etc).

I have isolated a few fundamental factors that seem to be primary motivators for me:

Pursuit of knowledge: I like to learn new things. In fact, I might even go so far as to say I have a pathological need to fill gaps in my knowledge. I can't see myself ever considering my knowledge and skills to be "complete".

Spite: As silly as it may sound, I am hugely motivated by people who doubt me or my capabilities. In fact, any time someone annoys me, angers me, or violates me in some obnoxious way, it's like it adds fuel to the fire that keeps me going. While I do appreciate knowledge for knowledge's sake, I also pursue knowledge and skills that will pay off in dividends in the future, whether directly financial or otherwise.

Sex and affection: The old "S&A"; it might just be biological urges having their say, but I long for the same kinds of social goals that most of the rest of humanity longs for.

Aesthetic experiences and sheer joy/pleasure: For the sake of brevity, I am combining a whole bunch of things into one category here. Appreciation of beauty, whether it be art or nature, is something that keeps me around on this planet. And in a similar vein, so do more base/hedonistic pleasures, including, but not limited to, chemically induced experiences.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    reading noam chonsky and having fun with my friend
    Ghost Black Hole
    Smoking meth
Jump to Top