User Controls

WTF is with people changing user names on this site?

gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Ok, I realize that two of my NiS "besties" probably hold the record for most alternate accounts ever created (GGG and Ghost, I know you by your current user names, but apparently you both have had dozens of others in the past).

Then there are other users who are so clearly alts to previous names, like PrettyHateMachine and Phantasmagoria (seriously... the anti-jedi, pro-pedo stuff isn't even what really tips him off - oddly enough anti-jedi / pro-pedo seems to be a surprisingly common combination on the Internet these days... But it's literally the sentence and paragraph structure and use of, or lack of rather, punctuation).

And then you end up with all these threads full of warped neo-McCarthism where everyone is calling each other a jedi or a pedo or whatever.

Like, sometimes it makes me wonder how many unique people are actually interacting here (I made a thread about this solipsism paranoia already).

I sometimes I wish I was an admin simply to satisfy my curiosity about the IP's.

I totally believe in free speech; I'm like a zealot for that shit... But sometimes it can be a bit perturbing when it starts to feel like the same person behind a multitude of usernames.

I just want to know who's who to satisfy that strange feeling, not because I feel like they should be outted in any way for their opinions/views.
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by gadzooks Ok, I realize that two of my NiS "besties" probably hold the record for most alternate accounts ever created (GGG and Ghost, I know you by your current user names, but apparently you both have had dozens of others in the past).

Then there are other users who are so clearly alts to previous names, like PrettyHateMachine and Phantasmagoria (seriously… the anti-jedi, pro-pedo stuff isn't even what really tips him off - oddly enough anti-jedi / pro-pedo seems to be a surprisingly common combination on the Internet these days… But it's literally the sentence and paragraph structure and use of, or lack of rather, punctuation).

And then you end up with all these threads full of warped neo-McCarthism where everyone is calling each other a jedi or a pedo or whatever.

Like, sometimes it makes me wonder how many unique people are actually interacting here (I made a thread about this solipsism paranoia already).

I sometimes I wish I was an admin simply to satisfy my curiosity about the IP's.

I totally believe in free speech; I'm like a zealot for that shit… But sometimes it can be a bit perturbing when it starts to feel like the same person behind a multitude of usernames.

I just want to know who's who to satisfy that strange feeling, not because I feel like they should be outted in any way for their opinions/views.

You lied. You said you were leaving forever
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    He NEVER said that
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by GGG He NEVER said that

He said something like that. I remember
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    au ti sm
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by aldra au ti sm

eat my butt. Happy new Year you aussie troll.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by gadzooks I sometimes I wish I was an admin simply to satisfy my curiosity about the IP's.

I posted unique IP stats a while ago in some thread, it's surprisingly high although of course skewed up because of (slowly) rotating addresses on consumer connections and Tor/VPNs. There are 46 accounts that have made more than 100 posts in the last month (ruling out bots, alts reg'd but not posted on significantly) which is probably a more accurate estimate of how many active distinct users there are.

I totally believe in free speech; I'm like a zealot for that shit… But sometimes it can be a bit perturbing when it starts to feel like the same person behind a multitude of usernames.

Lots of people create "alts" but stop posting on their former account. I think some people intentionally lock themselves out of their accounts just to safeguard their time and make a new account when they come back. Others might just want a different username, I switched up usernames a couple of times before I was Lanny long enough that that's my handle forever now.

I might be biased because I can look at IP addresses (and tor posters do stand out) but honestly I think people get too paranoid over alts. It's a small community and most of us have been here for a veritable eternity, I notice that every once in a blue moon when we get a newcomer or an old time poster returns they see someone switch accounts, or make a joke account that wasn't even trying to pretend to be a different poster, and they get the impression people are like astroturfing themselves or something when it was obvious who they are, and was meant to be so, to the regulars.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I've considered creating a new account just for serious posts, one I'll only log into via VPN

that's a bit more paranoid than usual though, and I expect most people will immediately recognise me
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by aldra I've considered creating a new account just for serious posts, one I'll only log into via VPN

that's a bit more paranoid than usual though, and I expect most people will immediately recognise me

Why tho? Like you said, you're not going to post the kind of things you do about geopolitics without everyone knowing. I guess if servers get seized it would require the coerced and dubious testimony of this bunch of junkies and social failures to tie you to your posts but I mean I don't think even coothill is paranoid enough to think ZOG is going to come after you for posting the kinds of things you do.
    Narc Space Nigga [connect my yokel-like scolytidae]
    Clearly some users are discarding their accounts coz theve made total cunts of themselves and are too embarrassed to be themselves anymore. Like captain falcon and §m£ÂgØL for example. But they're so stupid they think they can come back under different names and everyone will either not realize who they are or will forget how much of a soppy faggot they were.

lol

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Narc Clearly some users are discarding their accounts coz theve made total cunts of themselves and are too embarrassed to be themselves anymore. Like captain falcon and §m£ÂgØL for example. But they're so stupid they think they can come back under different names and everyone will either not realize who they are or will forget how much of a soppy faggot they were.

Everyone knows who capt' and §m£ÂgØL are tho. They're not trying to "save face" under a different name, neither have made any real effort to hide who they are. I'm like 90% sure both just nixed their old accounts because they wanted to leave for a while.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Like nigga, HTS put a highlighter up her beautiful butt more than a decade ago and we all know this. I pretended to be a girl for a gazillion years. Both §m£ÂgØL and captain take the dick. There are no secrets in this godforsaken hellhole apparently, shit I wouldn't tell close friends or my romantic partner is common knowledge here. There is no hiding from family, particularly incestuous rapey internet family.
    I think that's the initial intention. It just quickly goes out the window is all.

Ghost Black Hole
    I don't even use alts anymore

Unban scrawny the 👻
    Originally posted by Ghost I don't even use alts anymore

Unban scrawny the 👻

You were summing squirrel the other week

GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Originally posted by Lanny Like nigga, HTS put a highlighter up her beautiful butt more than a decade ago and we all know this. I pretended to be a girl for a gazillion years. Both §m£ÂgØL and captain take the dick. There are no secrets in this godforsaken hellhole apparently, shit I wouldn't tell close friends or my romantic partner is common knowledge here. There is no hiding from family, particularly incestuous rapey internet family.

I once made a fat girl (not hydro) go away by telling her I was gay and did drugs. Went from groping to disgust pretty quick. It's been like a month and a half and I haven't heard from her.

But here? That shit is like a prerequisite.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by Narc You were summing squirrel the other week

I've been using this account since April last year

Originally posted by GGG I once made a fat girl (not hydro) go away by telling her I was gay and did drugs..

Why not just have sex with her?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I guess technically I'm an alt.

That doesn't mean you can't suck my fucking rock hard cock in real life.

Which makes sense.

Lamb.

🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣
    Ghost Black Hole
    I used to spam YTMND with alts when I was 15
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Scron how can you be an antialtist? Horse of so many colors which color are you?
Jump to Top