Thinking about quitting drugs and getting a CDL and driving trucks OTR

blaster master victim of incest
    drugs are a must if you want to truck.
    blaster master victim of incest
    try jesus.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    on the Canadian DownLow
    Phantasmagoria African Astronaut
    I'd love to be a truck driver except for the driving through rough areas it would be the perfect job for me

Too bad it'll all be replaced with self-driving cars in the coming years

You have at best four or five years left of that type of job

Just claim disability and eait for basic income
    WellHung Black Hole
    The problem is that you're thinking about shit... and not doing shit. Unfortunately, ambition can't be taught.
    mikeyagain African Astronaut [unalterably regard the persecutor]
    Once was a little pickle park cum sucker called Herpes Mike, that all the DH skanks chased.. Bet he'd show you the ropes...
    esbity African Astronaut
    I was going to do this before my current dead end job, I likely still will.

You can pay for the schooling or work for a company that provides it but they'll have some contract where you have to stick around for a certain amount of time or else you pay.
    Soyboy III: The Quest for 911 Truth Tuskegee Airman [oppositely expose the hypermetropia]
    Originally posted by Phantasmagoria Too bad it'll all be replaced with self-driving cars in the coming years

You have at best four or five years left of that type of job

There'll always be a need for truckers if just to provide security. Otherwise thieves could just block in trucks and clean them out.
    esbity African Astronaut
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING III: The Quest for 911 Truth There'll always be a need for truckers if just to provide security. Otherwise thieves could just block in trucks and clean them out.

Not with robot security guards.
    Phantasmagoria African Astronaut
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING III: The Quest for 911 Truth There'll always be a need for truckers if just to provide security. Otherwise thieves could just block in trucks and clean them out.

True.
    There will still be tons of jobs for humans but a majority of them will be watching over the autonomous system and maintenance.
    I applied for it years ago..I call it applied but it was a bit of a joke as they took on everyone...Stevenson's Transport...they train you for free and get you your license if you sign a 2?(yr) contract with them that says you have to work for them for 2yrs...back then when I applied it was $36k a year which was about mmm 16-17yrs ago now.

I was told by several people at the time not to do it as it's horrible...you get all the shittiest jobs in the world you can imagine and are constantly pushed pushed pushed to do more, you're home for 2 days out of every 6 weeks or so.

Still if you are young and dumb and have no family/social life it's a way to get started, the real money is made when you own your own truck, $100k+ a year easy.
    Originally posted by esbity Not with robot security guards.

Sex robot security guards.
    http://www.fortworthcdlschool.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0u70mrjD3wIVlLrACh0l9wbQEAAYASAAEgJoHvD_BwE

There you go..move to Fort Worth...it's not like you'll actually be living there, you'll be living in the cab of your truck for 2yrs...
    mikeyagain African Astronaut [unalterably regard the persecutor]
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I applied for it years ago..I call it applied but it was a bit of a joke as they took on everyone…Stevenson's Transport…they train you for free and get you your license if you sign a 2?(yr) contract with them that says you have to work for them for 2yrs…back then when I applied it was $36k a year which was about mmm 16-17yrs ago now.

I was told by several people at the time not to do it as it's horrible…you get all the shittiest jobs in the world you can imagine and are constantly pushed pushed pushed to do more, you're home for 2 days out of every 6 weeks or so.

Still if you are young and dumb and have no family/social life it's a way to get started, the real money is made when you own your own truck, $100k+ a year easy.

I thought you were a desk sitter, making tons of money?? Stop misleading young men...
    Ughhu Tuskegee Airman [tepidly antiquate my affinity]
    What trade are you in now?

I have a family of truckers. Step dad & both brothers + lots of family friends.

Stepdad has a roll off business and does pretty well but it’s a lot of struggled &capitol to start.

Brothers are both dump truck drivers, they make good money. 26$ hrly but tonns if overtime so they take Home approx 2000-2500 every 2 weeks after tax.

You will not get a job without a licence. It’s a prerequisite prettymuch everywhere. You can also get long haul work but it consumes your whole life and prob need a few years local before you will get it.

What else do you wanna know? I’m sure I can answer anything, might not be specific to your area but I’m sure it can help. Also I’m a tradesman glazier so I have a good knowledge of the construction industry. You can make great money depending on the trade and if you get certified.
    Technologist victim of incest
    I think the trade schools are where it’s at now. Trying to get my son to go.
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    The hard part is probably quitting drugs.
    Then you could be a truck trafficker
Jump to Top