User Controls

I woke up today sweating and shaking and had a realization (also, I'll be leaving NiS for a while)

gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    By falling asleep at the wheel (figuratively speaking), I have somehow lapsed into full-blown alcoholism.

I've been able to sustain a NIGHTLY drinking habit for over a decade, with exemplary results.

But somehow I've started drinking earlier and earlier.

One contributing factor has been having a job where I telecommute, so I have the opportunity to start drinking earlier.

But also, I think posting on NiS has had a contribution as well.

As long as I can remember, I have associated all my Internet forum activities (mainly surrounding the Totse/Zoklet/NiS sphere) with drinking and drug use. I have a tendency to drink when I post, and to post when I drink, and I think that's having an impact as well.

So, I must say my (at least temporary) goodbye's.

I had started typing up long personalized messages to posters, but then realized that I would feel kinda shitty if I left anyone out.

Also, I really need to accelerate this process as much as I can.

I mean, the occasional hangover is one thing, I can handle that, but waking up with full-blown withdrawal symptoms is scary.

I'm not deleting my account or anything. I can't remember if I saw any code in ISS repo pertaining to auto-unregistering users after a given segment of time.

And I also wanted to leave with some closure, because I did post a lot of mopey, depressing threads, referencing suicide and all. I figured it would be kind of discourteous to leave any question in people's minds on all of that.

Anyway, it's been a blast.

TTYL, y'all!
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    HTS highlight reel
    I'll miss you. If you feel like you can manage it, come back soon. And if it turns out you're still a hopeless alcoholic without us, also please come back.

Good luck though! We'll be waiting. 😘
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    I'll drink to that!
    Flatulant_bomb Tuskegee Airman
    Quitting is for quitters.
    Narc Space Nigga [connect my yokel-like scolytidae]
    No you drank because you decided to drink. Using nis as an excuse ain't gonna change that. You just passing the buck here.

hydromorphone victim of incest [insincerely conduce my paisley]
    Originally posted by Narc No you drank because you decided to drink. Using nis as an excuse ain't gonna change that. You just passing the buck here.

Agreed.

If you think drinking NIGHTLY - and the way you put "NIGHTLY drinking habit" obviously indicates and makes me think far more than a single beer, or drink - wouldn't come and bite you in the ass in some shape or form, then well, you're very ignorant to how damaging alcohol can be, and the nature of addiction (be glad you don't have cirrhosis of the liver, Which depending on how you care for yourself/how often you get checked out by healthcare, this might be a legitimate worry beyond any other negative effects you're experiencing).

I know alcohol and benzo addiction takes far longer to dig it's claws in than say opioids, which makes me wonder if your tolerance didn't just grow over the course of several months (or however long you've been drinking earlier/more), and there wasn't already an addiction had, yet you just weren't aware of it since well... you drank however much, at the same time each night, and so you were fine with that schedule, but had you skipped a night, maybe you'd have experienced withdrawal symptoms, just possibly at a lesser degree since you indicated you had began drinking earlier, and I'm assuming increasing your daily intake, which in turn made the resulting withdrawals much worse, and much more noticeable.

I find it interesting in the fact that with alcohol and benzos, almost everyone has at least some differences in say, how long, how often, and how much they drink or do benzos, and when actual addiction, and withdrawals begin to become a thing for them. would say it varies widely, but I also would say that a decade of nightly drinking, meaning every single night for 10 years, I would say that an addiction that would result in SOME form of withdrawal would have already been established, even if it was that of a mild degree, I still think if you skipped a night, there would be something to report as far as WDs. At least with most people, say 95% of people, if you use opioids for more than 3-5 days, there will be some mild WD symptoms, and at least for those who aren't addicts for an extended period of time (years), WDs end in the same amount of time, at least the major symptoms, and even usually with users who have years under their belt, they might experience PAWS for months and months, but the worst is usually over in under 10 days. That's not the case for alcoholics, and benzo users. That shit can take months and months to develop a habit, and can take a year to have WD symptoms to go away, although they're usually out of the woods in under a month for risks related to seizures though.

Good luck, hope all goes well, but yeah... passing the buck is never a good thing. It won't help, only hurt you more in the end, honesty, at least to yourself, is always the best policy.
    mikeyagain African Astronaut [unalterably regard the persecutor]
    You fuckin puss, OP.. I was just starting to like you...
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by mikeyagain You fuckin puss, OP.. I was just starting to like you…

dad bod...
    mikeyagain African Astronaut [unalterably regard the persecutor]
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby dad bod…

You look like a little jedi boy compared to my bod... Go play with yourself as usual..
    Technologist victim of incest
    Gad🙁🙁🙁

I only wish the best for you! I know you have the inner strength to get your life on track.

Miss you Gad😘
    SURGEON GENERALS WARNING : POSTING ON THIS SITE COULD LEAD TO CHRONIC ALCOHOLISM.
    Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    I'll get shitfaced for you later buddy.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny SURGEON GENERALS WARNING : POSTING ON THIS SITE COULD LEAD TO CHRONIC ALCOHOLISM.

Cause/effect likely reversed. I should try handing out NiS flyers at my local AA meeting, drum up some new business.
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    You will still have a drinking problem.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker You will still have a drinking solution.

FTFY
    Ghost Black Hole
    Holy fuck I blacked out and missed this thread. I will miss you comrade *salute*
    He's not saying the site causes him to drink. It's hard to put into words, but I know what he's talking about, because it's the same with me.

It's kinda like drinking causes your enjoyment of this site to go up 1000x. And then you get "addicted" to the "synergy." One is not the same without the other, and this place is most definitely not the same sober. It's a completely different experience.

Anyway, best of luck OP, I'm in the same boat.

And thanks to Lanny for keeping the site open, and to everyone for listening to my depressing retardation all these years
    Ughhu Tuskegee Airman [tepidly antiquate my affinity]
    I would be cautious about going cold turkey. Might make sense to keep drinking and taper down over a week or so. You can have a full blown seizure, alcohol has some pretty harsh withdrawal symptoms.
    Good luck!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Sudden NiS withdrawal has been known to be fatal. Try to restrict yourself to 3 shitposts a day, then taper down to 2 then 1. Stopping all at once may cause a catastrophic backup of shitposts.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Honestly you won't miss anything, you can leave for a month come back and it will still be the same card carrying cucks, Bill Krozby hate, edgy drug abusers and rattex galore.

If you are a social butterfly like me it's easy to get caught up in this place because everyone is so green they are like children and we have to school them about the realities of real life, as canadians I believe this is our duty to the world to act as role models for the global population.

These americans are so distracted by their trump and fortnite.

Don't forget that AA is a crutch and alcohol isn't always the problem, drinking issues are usually the result of a deeper emotional issue which is what AA solves better than the actual drinking problem, you may need to do some deep introspective thinking to find the root cause of your alcohol abuse.
Jump to Top