User Controls

gadzooks brings out the best in all of us

GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    I have never seen an ability like his, where someone can make even the most dedicated of shitposters begin having a conversation. I am in awe. His power is truly an astounding one.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Love ya mang.
    I have to admit to something though...

Come January, I will be posting a lot less, and my posts will be a lot less fun/interesting.

I have a NY resolution to cut back on my drinking and drug use.

And, in all honesty, I pretty much only come onto NIS when I'm on something.

I'll still drop by from time-to-time, but I will be a boring old sober fella.
    Lol @ deciding your NY resolution in the middle of December.

"I want to stop drinking, but not now."
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by GGG Lol @ deciding your NY resolution in the middle of December.

"I want to stop drinking, but not now."

What? That's exactly how they fucking work. NERD.
    Okay, I'm going to do that thing again where I mention I have a bachelor's degree in psychology, like it makes me some kind of resident expert...

But there were certain areas that I focused on in my studies...

Motivation and goal accomplishing are among them.

MOST people fail at NY Resolutions.

BUT, those who succeed, do incredibly well.

The point is not about setting goals only once a year.

It's about setting goals throughout the year, and having "mini resolutions", like, for example, "this coming Monday I will start exercising."

Yes, GGG, it does sound like procrastination, but can be executed without such pretense.

Do you know how I got opiate-clean?

I switched FROM METHADONE... TO HEROIN... to ween myself off.

It sounds backwards as fuck, but you know what, it worked?

Sometimes counter-intuitive plans work out quite well.
    Originally posted by mmQ What? That's exactly how they fucking work. NERD.

No it's not CHRISPY
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by GGG No it's not CHRISPY

Say what you mean and mean what you say Fettucini.
    Originally posted by gadzooks Okay, I'm going to do that thing again where I mention I have a bachelor's degree in psychology, like it makes me some kind of resident expert…

But there were certain areas that I focused on in my studies…

Motivation and goal accomplishing are among them.

MOST people fail at NY Resolutions.

BUT, those who succeed, do incredibly well.

The point is not about setting goals only once a year.

It's about setting goals throughout the year, and having "mini resolutions", like, for example, "this coming Monday I will start exercising."

Yes, GGG, it does sound like procrastination, but can be executed without such pretense.

Do you know how I got opiate-clean?

I switched FROM METHADONE… TO HEROIN… to ween myself off.

It sounds backwards as fuck, but you know what, it worked?

Sometimes counter-intuitive plans work out quite well.

So why not NOW?

New Years resolutions have always seemed really dumb to me, because a lot of people just use them as a way of feeling better about themselves rather than making changes. You CAN use it to actually do shit, but if you're deciding NOW, two entire weeks before the new year, you've probably still got that little addict in you telling you to fuck off.

It isn't a new years resolution, but I have decided to quit nicotine. I have one last coil in there, maybe another fill of juice, and then that's it. Then I stop. Making an active and immediate plan helps a lot with actually following through, I think. I'm already vaping less because I want to make it last.

Maybe you could start small, and have a more lofty goal by New Years? Or maybe not. I just don't have much faith in new years resolutions. I've literally never seen anybody follow through in any significant way. I mean, I'm sure you've had past resolutions for drinking yeah?

For the record I routinely taper off Crouton pretty successfully and I think I've got cutting down drug use whenever I want down to a science. Make a schedule, set the doses, have your substance ready. The structure helps to actually follow through, since you're not making decisions for yourself, you're just following what the paper says.
    Originally posted by mmQ Say what you mean and mean what you say Fettucini.

FERRET CHRISPY
    Originally posted by GGG So why not NOW?

New Years resolutions have always seemed really dumb to me, because a lot of people just use them as a way of feeling better about themselves rather than making changes. You CAN use it to actually do shit, but if you're deciding NOW, two entire weeks before the new year, you've probably still got that little addict in you telling you to fuck off.

It isn't a new years resolution, but I have decided to quit nicotine. I have one last coil in there, maybe another fill of juice, and then that's it. Then I stop. Making an active and immediate plan helps a lot with actually following through, I think. I'm already vaping less because I want to make it last.

Maybe you could start small, and have a more lofty goal by New Years? Or maybe not. I just don't have much faith in new years resolutions. I've literally never seen anybody follow through in any significant way. I mean, I'm sure you've had past resolutions for drinking yeah?

For the record I routinely taper off Crouton pretty successfully and I think I've got cutting down drug use whenever I want down to a science. Make a schedule, set the doses, have your substance ready. The structure helps to actually follow through, since you're not making decisions for yourself, you're just following what the paper says.

I choose January 1st "arbitrarily" for a reason.

You see, I am lucky enough to have been born right at the cusp between two months, and two months in particular.

My birthday is August 31st, which means that September 1st, or the beginning of a school semester, whether grade school or university-level, is like a "New Years Day" of sorts, for me.

So, I have to MAJOR "NYE"-style points in the year:
    -- August 31st / September 1st.
    -- December 31st / January 1st.

For MAJOR life changes, I use these two points in the year.

For the small stuff, or for gradual programmes of change where I build my way up bit by bit, I can use any old arbitrarily chosen date.

But those two pivotal days out of the year that I mentioned above - they have a powerfully motivating effect.
    That's good man. I hope you follow through and are happy with your decision to cut back. It's definitely a solid choice.
    Rizzo in a box African Astronaut [the rapidly lightproof ovariectomy]
    I can feel the mania dripping off of gadzooks like blood mixed with bourbon, it's like a low-intensity but high grade cocaine. you just want to talk about six hours about why or why not the shit you may or may not have said may or may not make sense in some context of some shit.
    I am the human embodiment of a manic episode WHEN I have my liquor and drugs in me.

98% of the time though, I'm stable boring as fuck.

But one must take one of two pills.

Starting January, I'm taking the delusion pill.

Until then though, it's party time.

I promise you that I will never make a new years promise because I don't lie to myself
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Is it better to have experienced mania and lost it than to have ever experienced mania at all?

I don't know. The longer I go without an episode, the more I'm inclined to say, no.
    Originally posted by mmQ Is it better to have experienced mania and lost it than to have ever experienced mania at all?

I don't know. The longer I go without an episode, the more I'm inclined to say, no.

how demeaning that you've taken the psycho jedi nazis seriously, you call things, "espisodes". you've adopted the language. they've stolen your spine. it's not psychosis. I'm just speaking my mind.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Rizzo in a box how demeaning that you've taken the psycho jedi nazis seriously, you call things, "espisodes". you've adopted the language. they've stolen your spine. it's not psychosis. I'm just speaking my mind.

Even worse I think of my life as an original Netflix series, All of it broken down into episodes, manic ones included. I think mine were s29e07-s30e06.
    It's oddly unsettling to see a life represented in episode format
    Originally posted by mmQ Even worse I think of my life as an original Netflix series, All of it broken down into episodes, manic ones included. I think mine were s29e07-s30e06.

wow netflix is trash, sorry to hear that.
Jump to Top