User Controls

sodium ferulate

GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Apparently food companies can patent individual chemicals for use in their products? What the fuck

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_ferulate

Ferluic acid (different chemical) is a naturally occuring substance that is found in flax seed and barely. Why the fuck are they able to make a sodium form and be like "WELL THIS IS OURS NOW". They use it to offset the aftertaste of acesulfame potassium which is a sweetener

This seem like it should be illegal to anyone else?
    Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    Same reason Chinese/German/Russian chemists take an already illicit substance and tweak it ever so slightly to make it a new compound entirely and thus, under "grey area" legal status. The tweaking of compounds aren't exclusive to recreational drugs.
    Ghost Black Hole
    The chemical isn't patented, it's use a bitterness inhibitor is though.

https://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/biblio?CC=US&NR=5336513&KC=&FT=E&locale=en_EP#
    Originally posted by Ghost The chemical isn't patented, it's use a bitterness inhibitor is though.

https://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/biblio?CC=US&NR=5336513&KC=&FT=E&locale=en_EP#

Yeah, that's what I said in the OP
    Originally posted by Grimace Same reason Chinese/German/Russian chemists take an already illicit substance and tweak it ever so slightly to make it a new compound entirely and thus, under "grey area" legal status. The tweaking of compounds aren't exclusive to recreational drugs.

Yeah yeah yeah.

Stay on topic.

Are all of you this retarded?
    Ghost Black Hole
    I don't see the problem, it's not like this thing is widely known as a bitter reducing agent so I can understand that it's specific use as such would be patented.

They were probably the ones who figured out it has those properties so they did the smart thing and put a patent on it.
    Rizzo in a box African Astronaut [the rapidly lightproof ovariectomy]
    intellectual property should be abolished. what the fuck sort of gay shit is "intellectual property"? can I step on your intellectual property? can I build a house on it? fuck no, its fucking retarded monopolistic bullshit.
    Ghost Black Hole
    If it didn't exist the chinese would rape us all
    Originally posted by Ghost If it didn't exist the chinese would rape us all

china only exists because of tons of regulation and bullshit. smash the state. anarcho-ching-chong.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    I'm going to file a patent on the conversion of inhaled oxygen to carbon dioxide.

Then every breath any human takes will incur royalties charges.

I'll charge like $10 per breath.

I'll be the richest motherfucker ever.
    Ghost Black Hole
    The only patents I have a problem with are pharmaceuticals (legalize vyvanse and polistirex) and that bullshit with GMO seeds where if it lands on your field Monsanto could sue you.
    Originally posted by Rizzo in a box intellectual property should be abolished. what the fuck sort of gay shit is "intellectual property"? can I step on your intellectual property? can I build a house on it? fuck no, its fucking retarded monopolistic bullshit.

China doesn't have intellectual property and it's a fucking madhouse.

I'm okay with small inventions being patented but substances is just fucking nuts. It's not even like it was something brand new either. They patented the ability to use the sodium form of a naturally existing drug. Like what the fuck. What if I wanna use a processed barley extract? Is that illegal? Fuck off Kraft.
    you're breathing oxygen that has been licensed by Monsanto. Pay $10 or stop breathing?
    Originally posted by Rizzo in a box you're breathing oxygen that has been licensed by Monsanto. Pay $10 or stop breathing?

They can pry the oxygen from my cold, dead lungs.
    Originally posted by gadzooks They can pry the oxygen from my cold, dead lungs.

proletarian riots in the 1900s: we don't want to die working in shitty factories 18 hours a day that can barely feed our 16 irish children.

proletarian riots in 2020: donate to our patreon so we can have money to breathe
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Rizzo in a box proletarian riots in the 1900s: we don't want to die working in shitty factories 18 hours a day that can barely feed our 16 irish children.

proletarian riots in 2020: donate to our patreon so we can have money to breathe

Ah, the march of progress - how it puts it all in perspective.
Jump to Top