User Controls

Farm your lawn

Ghost Black Hole
    If everyone ripped up their lawns and put in small gardens it would eliminate the need for industrial agriculture.

Grow your own food and eat it, get into canning. What's so hard about that?
    HTS highlight reel
    We don't even have a lawn, scron.

Cities have necessitated large-scale agriculture for the last... what, 8000 years? I don't see that changing any time soon.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Ghost Black Hole
    We have a basement, we can farm crickets. No excuse for eating meat we are just too lazy and ignorant to change our habits.
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    It would not eliminate the need. Not everybody has a lawn. Not everybody has a lawn big enough to provide food for the year.

In the past, cold weather and lack of food could be supplemented by having animals. But I'd say most people in the world don't live somewhere where they're allowed to have farm animals.

We'd have to move everybody out of the cities and cut up the landscape even worse than we are now. And for what?

Industrial agriculture is necessary in 2018. Animal farming we could probably cut out to save land/the atmosphere.
    HTS highlight reel
    Not to mention we live in Canada. The growing season isn't amazing and the climate isn't suitable for every crop. We'd never have another avocado. Are you okay with that? I'm not.
    Time to break up
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by HTS Not to mention we live in Canada. The growing season isn't amazing and the climate isn't suitable for every crop. We'd never have another avocado. Are you okay with that? I'm not.

We can grow winter kale and eat that for the entire winter. Canned kale, kale smoothies. Kale and crickets is the new age diet.

Originally posted by GGG animals.
    We'd have to move everybody out of the cities and cut up the landscape even worse than we are now. And for what?

Just the lawns. I'm sure if you walk around your neighborhood there's a large patch of unused land/grass that could be easily converted into a farm that can feed your entire neighborhood.

There's actually ba community farm not far from me but it's run by inmates that grow food for the city jail
    Rizzo in a box African Astronaut [the rapidly lightproof ovariectomy]
    Originally posted by Ghost If everyone ripped up their lawns and put in small gardens it would eliminate the need for industrial agriculture.

Grow your own food and eat it, get into canning. What's so hard about that?

ive had very long discussions with a friend that was very into permaculture and shit, he was never able to answer me this: what do you do about livestock?

I'm all for having my own garden, but there's no way I can have my own cows. and I need cream, butter, milk. no fucking way am I going to eat a bunch of potatoes and onions with NO butter.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by Rizzo in a box ive had very long discussions with a friend that was very into permaculture and shit, he was never able to answer me this: what do you do about livestock?

I'm all for having my own garden, but there's no way I can have my own cows. and I need cream, butter, milk. no fucking way am I going to eat a bunch of potatoes and onions with NO butter.

I'm not saying no industrial agriculture or grocery stores.

But if every neighborhood in America had multiple community farms it would reduce the need for environment destroying practices.

Also allow people to raise chickens in their apartments. You can also grow things on the roof

Originally posted by Ghost I'm not saying no industrial agriculture or grocery stores.

But if every neighborhood in America had multiple community farms it would reduce the need for environment destroying practices.

Also allow people to raise chickens in their apartments. You can also grow things on the roof

that's true, I'm not against it, but you have to recognize that 90% of the environmental degradation is happening in shitty third world countries like China and Vietnam. these places don't have the environmental laws or morals that would make certain practices extremely expensive or illegal in western countries. for everything that you recycle, all the eco-friendly shit you do, there are like a thousand shitty brown people breeding that are shitting everywhere and polluting the ocean with all sorts of plastics and heavy metals. what can you do?
    Originally posted by Rizzo in a box that's true, I'm not against it, but you have to recognize that 90% of the environmental degradation is happening in shitty third world countries like China and Vietnam. these places don't have the environmental laws or morals that would make certain practices extremely expensive or illegal in western countries. for everything that you recycle, all the eco-friendly shit you do, there are like a thousand shitty brown people breeding that are shitting everywhere and polluting the ocean with all sorts of plastics and heavy metals. what can you do?

The only reason China produces so much pollution is because we buy everything from them. If the US had to produce it's own shit, they'd be heavily polluted too. Some US cities are already pretty polluted, especially in California, which has the top 10 most polluted cities in America lol.
    Originally posted by GGG The only reason China produces so much pollution is because we buy everything from them. If the US had to produce it's own shit, they'd be heavily polluted too. Some US cities are already pretty polluted, especially in California, which has the top 10 most polluted cities in America lol.

lmao, WHY do you think we buy from them? they're a shitty country that doesn't give a FUCK about its own people (slave labor) and the environment. LA is NOWHERE NEAR BEIJING! the reason companies offload labor costs to places like China has a lot to do (not the only reason) with their lax regulations on shit like pollution.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Rizzo in a box lmao, WHY do you think we buy from them? they're a shitty country that doesn't give a FUCK about its own people (slave labor) and the environment. LA is NOWHERE NEAR BEIJING! the reason companies offload labor costs to places like China has a lot to do (not the only reason) with their lax regulations on shit like pollution.

And the reason they keep such lax laws is because it keeps the rest of the world buying shit from them.

Capitalism is the enemy of the people yet again.
    Originally posted by HTS And the reason they keep such lax laws is because it keeps the rest of the world buying shit from them.

no, shitty insect gook people are the enemy, as always
    Soyboy III: The Quest for 911 Truth Tuskegee Airman [oppositely expose the hypermetropia]
    Industrial agriculture is awesome.

Digging up ground by hand just to grow a few vegetables is bullshit when we have tractors that can do the same thing a million times faster.
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING III: The Quest for 911 Truth Industrial agriculture is awesome.

Digging up ground by hand just to grow a few vegetables is bullshit when we have tractors that can do the same thing a million times faster.

fuck your monoculture and GMOs ecofascism now
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    You can't. It's against the law.
    black suns and copyright free flowers
    Originally posted by HTS And the reason they keep such lax laws is because it keeps the rest of the world buying shit from them.

Seriously. The reason China is like this is because of the West. They produce and consume about 50% of all steel and coal in the world.

https://tradingeconomics.com/china/steel-production

China has been in an economic boom for a long time thanks to the West. It is only in recent years beginning to slow down, now that some of it's citizens are beginning to feel like first world citizens.
    Soyboy III: The Quest for 911 Truth Tuskegee Airman [oppositely expose the hypermetropia]
    Originally posted by Rizzo in a box fuck your monoculture and GMOs ecofascism now

Sorry, but the medieval peasant lifestyle doesn't appeal to me.
Jump to Top