User Controls

How do they get babies to cry for movies

GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    If you notice, actual babies crying on screen is uncommon. Usually they use sound effects and keep the baby off screen. But sometimes they get the baby balling its eyes out. Do they all just rush to shoot the scene while the baby is wailing, or do they MAKE it cry? Are babies hired based on their crybabyness maybe?
    The person holding the baby has a pin.
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Yup. It's what they did to those Olsen twins and look how weird they turned out.
    From what I'm reading they scare the baby offscreen :(

They dont use pins
    ITT §m£ÂgØL searches for employment
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by GGG From what I'm reading they scare the baby offscreen :(

They dont use pins

Some use their thumbs...but that's not politically correct in the era of #metoo
    esbity African Astronaut
    They use wires and give it a little zap.
    Archer513 African Astronaut
    Babies cry a lot

I’m more suspicious of them not cryin (NyQuil)
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Archer513 Babies cry a lot

I’m more suspicious of them not cryin (NyQuil)

But still, getting them to cry reliably for multiple shoots is an effort. Sometimes babies are happy too you know.
    Babies get hungry every two damn hours. You can almost set your watch by it.
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    You just let them giggle for about 10 minutes.. let them run around.. ignore them, set up the shot, the baby will start crying when not getting attention

you don't look at it while holding it and they get pissy very quickly. you just wait. it won't be long.
    WellHung Black Hole (banned)
    Babies cry frequently.. so all you got to do is just wait a while...
    You still have to get the shot right

How many shoots had to be re done because a baby wouldn't cry

How many ever? Ballpark number guys
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by WellHung Babies cry frequently.. so all you got to do is just wait a while…

This

Babies are like cats. they need like 14-16 hours a day of sleep. they wake up crying to wake you up just to know you're around and then fuck with you for an hour by not sleeping and grabbing at your face then fall back to sleep.. wake up and shit themselves and start crying.
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by GGG You still have to get the shot right

Notice a lot of breakaway's during babies crying. it's mostly in post edit. sometimes you get the honeyshot and sometimes you need a good editor. usually when the baby starts crying, a breakaway of the babies head tucked behind the adults head (who is holding them) with the first shot's audio of the baby crying. a layering of visual break-aways with one single crying audio.

there are tricks to it. depends on how badly you want it.
    WellHung Black Hole (banned)
    Originally posted by GGG You still have to get the shot right

28, 765
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    They show it a pic of Hillary Clinton smiling.
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Just tell the baby that Will Farrel is gonna punch their face

doublepost
    Ghost Black Hole
    they scare them
Jump to Top