User Controls

TFW You Realize EVERYONE On Here is an Alt (Solipsism-maxxing)

gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Okay, how many unique posters are there on here?

When I was looking at the ISS Github repo (the code that makes up this forum), I noticed a lot of code written to weed out alternate accounts on the same IP address.

I also noticed that people really tend to accuse others of being alts on here a lot.

I've even been accused of being an alt for one poster or another.

How many unique human posters are there on NIS?

Does anyone know?

Is it... ONE?
    Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    Ghost/Scron probably holds the most alts. Him and mrasbestos. They don't have jobs or lives really, so they have all of the time in the world to just make alts and save a file with the login info for each one.

Everyone else is mostly their own unique person. GGG (§m£ÂgØL) has like 50 accounts, but at least he stops using all of the others when he starts a new one.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Actually you are one of the few on here I know are genuine.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I’m Aldra pretending to be Benny pretending to be me
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    umm
    Technologist victim of incest
    I’m an individual😜
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by gadzooks …I noticed a lot of code written to weed out alternate accounts on the same IP address…

The feds requested that. Easier to make sense of it all.
    Are we not men?
    WE ARE DEVO
    I'm Spartacus!
    Originally posted by gadzooks I'm Spartacus!

Fuck you
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    It's honestly just scron/asbestos and probably some people you maybe possibly don't immediately recognize.

There are so many users who are not recognizable enough in their posting style to be able to follow them from account to account.
    fed Yung Blood
    Originally posted by -SpectraL The feds requested that. Easier to make sense of it all.

Can confirm.
    mikeyagain African Astronaut [unalterably regard the persecutor]
    Originally posted by Grimace Ghost/Scron probably holds the most alts. Him and mrasbestos. They don't have jobs or lives really, so they have all of the time in the world to just make alts and save a file with the login info for each one.

Everyone else is mostly their own unique person. GGG (§m£ÂgØL) has like 50 accounts, but at least he stops using all of the others when he starts a new one.

^ This guy is this guy, when he's not playing a woman..

Originally posted by ohfralala I’m Aldra pretending to be Benny pretending to be me

Did Benny Vader use to be "The Methamatician"?

I don't know why, exactly, but I associate the two.
    Originally posted by GGG It's honestly just scron/asbestos and probably some people you maybe possibly don't immediately recognize.

There are so many users who are not recognizable enough in their posting style to be able to follow them from account to account.

I know you're real.

I know Ghost is real.

I've talked to both of you on Kik.

But apparently you two hold the most alts.

I can tell that you're distinct individuals, at least.
    Originally posted by Technologist I’m an individual😜

I can tell that you are.

Same with ohfralala.

And POLECAT.

You all have distinct enough posting styles.

Same with CandyRein, who only seems to post in those "What are you X right now?" threads.

From what I gather, all of you are from DH, not Totse, right?

NIS is a rather eclectic collection of people, actually.

But the term 'alt' is thrown around quite a bit, so it's hard not to consider why.
    Ghost Black Hole
    I am all
    Originally posted by gadzooks Did Benny Vader use to be "The Methamatician"?

I don't know why, exactly, but I associate the two.

That I don’t know bc I’m DH not Totse.
    They're all my alts. You are all cogs in my meme machine.
Jump to Top