User Controls

my friend is mentally ill

Alright so this dude has been my friend for like 10 years now, we were introduced back in 2007 and he asked me if i "was an avid use of oxy" and I said yes and then we each did an 80 and we've been friends ever since then. We both had really bleak and pessimistic views on humanity and society in general so we talked about shit like that a lot.

Over the past 10 years I've watched his outlook shift from just general nihilism to being an anarchist (he went to jail for a lot of shit) to now being a total communist. It was alright at first, because I understand the appeal of communism and he read a lot and even if I wasn't in agreement with him, I could understand where it comes from. But now it's insane. He no longer reads to inform his opinions, he takes his opinions from memes that he sees on the internet. He believes that the DPRK is actually a paradise and that everything bad about it is just South Korean/American propaganda. He thinks the government should be overthrown and a government of all indigenous or black women should be put in its place. He's a strong supporter of black rights, which i'm cool with, but he takes it to an insane degree to where he is actually very racist against white people. I' m not saying that with a "triggered trump supporter" mentality because he supports black people, he actually goes on lengthy rants full of hateful shit about various European races.

I think he feels bad about being addicted to drugs/fucking up a huge portion of his life, and the whiteman is someone he blames for all of his problems to feel better. I mean everyone's got their issues but when I talk to him these days I just feel like the old him who based opinions on introspection and careful thought is just totally gone, replaced by a mindless racist zombie who takes in memes and shits out uninformed opinions.

I don't know if I should say something to him. He's lost a lot of friends due to his insane views these days and we've been good friends for a long time and I know that he is capable of reasoning, he just seems to have shut it off for the time being, probably as some sort of coping mechanism. Usually I just kind of ignore when anyone starts ranting about politics or just vaguely agree without really agreeing (because if someone is ranting about politics chances are I don't agree with them at all) but I'm starting to feel guilty, like I'm enabling his behavior. At the same time, it's not really my problem if he wants to be insane, and I feel like "calling him out" would make him really angry.

IDK nis people what would u do?
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    A world run by black women???

Take me now, sweet Jesus.
    If you are not enjoying it's company trade it in for a new one.
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    He sounds like he's having a schizophrenic break tbh. How long has he been like this. Ask him about other hallucinations or revelations
    Soyboy III: The Quest for 911 Truth Tuskegee Airman [oppositely expose the hypermetropia]
    Sounds like he just reads a lot of HuffPo.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by GGG He sounds like he's having a schizophrenic break tbh. How long has he been like this. Ask him about other hallucinations or revelations

I don't think so, he is still able to talk about some topics rationally and he doesn't seem insane at all or even weird when you talk to him in person. He's always had fairly radical beliefs but it only started getting ridiculous the last few years maybe?
    WellHung Black Hole
    he's your friend, op. That means you stay true and loyal to The Bitter End.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III Alright so this dude has been my friend for like 10 years now, we were introduced back in 2007 and he asked me if i "was an avid use of oxy" and I said yes and then we each did an 80 and we've been friends ever since then. We both had really bleak and pessimistic views on humanity and society in general so we talked about shit like that a lot.

Over the past 10 years I've watched his outlook shift from just general nihilism to being an anarchist (he went to jail for a lot of shit) to now being a total communist. It was alright at first, because I understand the appeal of communism and he read a lot and even if I wasn't in agreement with him, I could understand where it comes from. But now it's insane. He no longer reads to inform his opinions, he takes his opinions from memes that he sees on the internet. He believes that the DPRK is actually a paradise and that everything bad about it is just South Korean/American propaganda. He thinks the government should be overthrown and a government of all indigenous or black women should be put in its place. He's a strong supporter of black rights, which i'm cool with, but he takes it to an insane degree to where he is actually very racist against white people. I' m not saying that with a "triggered trump supporter" mentality because he supports black people, he actually goes on lengthy rants full of hateful shit about various European races.

I think he feels bad about being addicted to drugs/fucking up a huge portion of his life, and the whiteman is someone he blames for all of his problems to feel better. I mean everyone's got their issues but when I talk to him these days I just feel like the old him who based opinions on introspection and careful thought is just totally gone, replaced by a mindless racist zombie who takes in memes and shits out uninformed opinions.

I don't know if I should say something to him. He's lost a lot of friends due to his insane views these days and we've been good friends for a long time and I know that he is capable of reasoning, he just seems to have shut it off for the time being, probably as some sort of coping mechanism. Usually I just kind of ignore when anyone starts ranting about politics or just vaguely agree without really agreeing (because if someone is ranting about politics chances are I don't agree with them at all) but I'm starting to feel guilty, like I'm enabling his behavior. At the same time, it's not really my problem if he wants to be insane, and I feel like "calling him out" would make him really angry.

IDK nis people what would u do?

Jim.. is this you? I know this is Jim.
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III I don't think so, he is still able to talk about some topics rationally and he doesn't seem insane at all or even weird when you talk to him in person. He's always had fairly radical beliefs but it only started getting ridiculous the last few years maybe?

Maybe brain tumor or something possibly maybe. Radical changes in personality like this don't come out of nowhere.
    2 things OP,

1 - your over estimating your friendship with him. you have got to know someone more then 2/3 of your live before their qualified to be called "best friend". unless of course, your 15.

2 - check the side or the back of his neck for bite marks or puncture wounds. it is possible that he was bitten. by things.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny 2 things OP,

1 - your over estimating your friendship with him. you have got to know someone more then 2/3 of your live before their qualified to be called "best friend". unless of course, your 15.

2 - check the side or the back of his neck for bite marks or puncture wounds. it is possible that he was bitten. by things.

i didn't say he was my best friend. i'm not too sure about that rule anyways though, do you have a source?
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III Usually I just kind of ignore when anyone starts ranting about politics or just vaguely agree without really agreeing (because if someone is ranting about politics chances are I don't agree with them at all) but I'm starting to feel guilty, like I'm enabling his behavior. At the same time, it's not really my problem if he wants to be insane, and I feel like "calling him out" would make him really angry.

I feel ya man you come across as a person that would do the vaguely agree thing to get it out of your hair, I do the same thing irl because its just not worth it, especially with co-workers. I was actually going to make a semi-troll thread about being called uncle tom at work lol (hell I've noticed one of my gf's would do that to me when I'd get out there on certain subjects, and for me that was enough to realize i'm getting irrational.

But If you really care about your friend which it sounds like you'd do next time he comes at you with a rant like that, thats off the wall I'd just casually put your non-bias 2 cents in to debunk the lunacy, he probably wont like it at first but if he is rational sometimes like you say I'm sure he will at least think about it.

I wonder if people have always been this crazy or if its just everything thats gone on in the last few years. I keep my mouth shut around a lot of people because I know if my opinion deviates from theirs I'm going to be accused of being a fascist or trump supporter even though I'm neither of those. Like at work the other day these gonts and gorls were talking about the caravan and shit and a part of me wanted to point to the south and say in a cheeky voice "THEY MUST GO BACK!" but I'd be eaten alive, despite i think if people want to come here they should do it legally, hell people do it all the time.

Anyways good thread,

the plight of the country reminds me of that dr seuss story the butter battles, basically where irrationally strong opinions on both sides are just meant to divide people

Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING III: The Quest for 911 Truth Sounds like he just reads a lot of HuffPo.

I don't understand how the huffington post was created by breitbart, its quite the quandary.
    Originally posted by GGG Maybe brain tumor or something possibly maybe. Radical changes in personality like this don't come out of nowhere.

You're jumping sweeeeping conclusions, jumping to brain tumors, schizophrenia.. You're like one of those women that throws out words like narcissist and psychopath left and right.

I don't think his personality has changed just his views have been more intensified due to the saturation of media which has changed a lot of people the last several years. I'm black pilled and actually a lot more sound minded than I used to be while I've seen a lot of people change for the worse.
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III and we've been good friends for a long time and I know that he is capable of reasoning

Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III i didn't say he was my best friend. i'm not too sure about that rule anyways though, do you have a source?

is your 'good friend' not the same as best friend ?

how many tier of friends do you have ???
Jump to Top