User Controls

I'm gonna be fuckin' rich.

I hope so anyway. I just got into stocks and I have this bad feeling that I have the mindset of Homer Simpson when it comes to this stuff.

kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    ^if you really want to be rich, you should start buying silver.
    I have already said don't put anything less than $5000 into stocks. Get a financial advisor and a good broker that isn't a retard (I used to have a british one and he was smart as fuck)

They will give you tips on saving money in taxes and put your money into mutual funds and help you build a portfolio.
    I have already said don't put anything less than $5000 into stocks. Get a financial advisor and a good broker that isn't a retard (I used to have a british one and he was smart as fuck)

They will give you tips on saving money in taxes and put your money into mutual funds and help you build a portfolio.

Why nothing less than 5000?

I'm going to spend 10,000 on an index fund after the weekend's over, and then add 1000 a month from then on.

But there are some smaller companies I want to invest in... I'm thinking 1000 each for those. I'm hoping they'll grow heaps and that initial thousand is all I'll need to be rich after a few years of growth.

I spoke to a financial advisor, but he told me to come back when I had a proper job and was making proper cash. Kek.
    If you really want to be rich, get a woman pregnant and have eight kids. Thats what niggers do.
    *Two months later*

"Guys I started trading with my pocket money and got ass raped on broker fees, what do?" - Enter

1. Don't tell people to get a "financial advisor" you mongoloid, specially when handling amounts in the low 5 figures.

2. don't tell people to get "a" stockbroker in 2016, specially when dealing in the low 5 figures. Going through any individual in this position would be completely retarded.

EDIT: to elaborate, there's no point in not going through an online discount broker, just an order taker, at this level. The lower fee per trade the better.
    I'd like to hear from Lanny.
    I spent all my moni on crack
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    401(k) in mutual funds FTW. Single stocks don't keep you diversified enough. I would target the mutual funds with long track records and low expenses.

I'm thinking I'll do a Roth IRA when I reach the limit on 401(k) contributions, maybe in something like an S&P index fund. Real estate is also good on the whole. Not sure I want to get into landlording, but paying down the primary residence.
    401(k) in mutual funds FTW. Single stocks don't keep you diversified enough. I would target the mutual funds with long track records and low expenses.

I'm thinking I'll do a Roth IRA when I reach the limit on 401(k) contributions, maybe in something like an S&P index fund. Real estate is also good on the whole. Not sure I want to get into landlording, but paying down the primary residence.

401K and IRA are long term plans. You should have them but you aren't getting anywhere any time soon unless you play the game and actively trade.
    401K and IRA are long term plans. You should have them but you aren't getting anywhere any time soon unless you play the game and actively trade.

Wealth building is a long term plan. All get rich quick schemes are a farce. For short-term cash flow, my main income comes from my job.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    now would be the time to get into stocks

now or the inauguration

buy low sell high
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Ajax Wealth building is a long term plan. All get rich quick schemes are a farce. For short-term cash flow, my main income comes from my job.

This is how non-professional traders should invest.

Originally posted by 180gr 10mm FMJ now would be the time to get into stocks

now or the inauguration

buy low sell high

This is how non-professional traders should not invest.
    i now own 2 index funds, 1 in aus market and 1 in usa
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Tracking which indices?
    Originally posted by Lanny This is how non-professional traders should not invest.

lol I don't know shit about stock trading, I just wanted my front page flush

Originally posted by Ajax Wealth building is a long term plan. All get rich quick schemes are a farce. For short-term cash flow, my main income comes from my job.

Sure. I never said it's a bad thing. But your 401K and IRA will top out at something $5-7K per year. Enter is looking to get into active investment. And that, yku can turn into a day job.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    ITT faggots
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Sure. I never said it's a bad thing. But your 401K and IRA will top out at something $5-7K per year. Enter is looking to get into active investment. And that, yku can turn into a day job.

401k contribution limits are $18,000 annually for 2016.

Enter, don't become a day trader. Just invest consistently and steadily. Dollar cost averaging suggests that if you ride all the waves and keep your contribution rates the same, regardless of markets rising or falling, you'll come out ahead.
Jump to Top