User Controls

Eight fucking billion people

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    It's a joke about a guy named Eight having sex with a little girl named Billion People

just kidding

There are so many people on Earth, but I bet if you clumped all of us together we'd take up like 1‰ of the slace. India is trying to do thst themselves right but technically with math I bet I'm close to correct.

Poor eartth

For real I say, adopt ALLL Africans into the other 6 continents (yes send a few to Antarctica), and then make the entire African continent into a huge garden full of windmills and sustain everyone forever? Question mark?
    Ghost Black Hole
    I can beat them all up
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Ghost I can beat them all up

Even Lars?
    Ghost Black Hole
    Except Lars

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    We should just put the Sahara full of solar panels imho. I don't want all the niggers spread over the continents. They can go work for the companies that will build the solar panels and maintain them and guard them. Win-win situation. Get the niggers jobs instead of foreign aid and do something to create sustainable energy.

Personally, i am a proponent of fusion reactors and i hope that they soon get to the point where they output more power than they consume. That will basically solve all of our energy problems.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Why aren't they producing more power than they consume?
    Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service Houston [back fudge my lingam]
    Originally posted by Sophie They can go work

Not everyone wants to work like a German.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service Not everyone wants to work like a German.

Is there supposed be a comma in there?
    Originally posted by mmQ Why aren't they producing more power than they consume?

Because when it comes to nuclear fusion you need to get the stuff you are fusing to extremely high temperatures and/or pressure. You basically have a plasma swirling around that's super hot, contained by powerful magnetic fields. It takes a lot of power to heat the stuff up, run the magnetic field and cool all of the other components of the reactor. Not only that, the fusion process is rather unstable in a way so getting your plasma to the right temperature and such is all fine and dandy but keeping a consistent reaction going is hard with our current technology.

As we speak they're building a large prototype reactor in France, it's a multi-national endeavor and the expectations are that this reactor will break even in terms of input/output. Furthermore, being as this is a prototype for future designs it will allow scientists to learn how to create more efficient and better reactors. Hopefully to the point where we have a reactor design with a good energy yield.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service Not everyone wants to work like a German.

Then they can die in their mud-huts for all i care.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Sophie Because when it comes to nuclear fusion you need to get the stuff you are fusing to extremely high temperatures and/or pressure. You basically have a plasma swirling around that's super hot, contained by powerful magnetic fields. It takes a lot of power to heat the stuff up, run the magnetic field and cool all of the other components of the reactor. Not only that, the fusion process is rather unstable in a way so getting your plasma to the right temperature and such is all fine and dandy but keeping a consistent reaction going is hard with our current technology.

As we speak they're building a large prototype reactor in France, it's a multi-national endeavor and the expectations are that this reactor will break even in terms of input/output. Furthermore, being as this is a prototype for future designs it will allow scientists to learn how to create more efficient and better reactors. Hopefully to the point where we have a reactor design with a good energy yield.

So when is this realistically gonna heppen?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Free energy. I wonder how that would change the world.
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    ^How's your face? Is it back to being beautiful and free of bruises?
    Originally posted by mmQ So when is this realistically gonna heppen?

In our lifetime. The facility is for 50% built. And while that is going on there are a couple of companies and startups that are researching and building prototype reactors that implement different and novel ways of attempting fusion. It's within the realm of possibilities one of these companies will come up with a design that requires less power input to get a stable fusion reaction going. There's a lot of cool stuff going on in the field.

Here's the website for the reactor in France if you're interested.

https://www.iter.org/
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Sophie Then they can die in their mud-huts for all i care.

They'll probably nationalise your shitty solar panels first.
    Originally posted by mmQ So when is this realistically gonna heppen?

Never, and even if it did work the electricity generated would be so expensive it wouldn't be economical.

It's the same shit they came out with in the 50s about nuclear providing energy "too cheap to meter". In reality nuclear fuel costs like 4c kWh and just running the station costs another 4c, and building and decommissioning the station costs as much as they want it to.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service Never, and even if it did work the electricity generated would be so expensive it wouldn't be economical.

So my African continent filled with windmills is a better idea.
    Originally posted by Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service Never, and even if it did work the electricity generated would be so expensive it wouldn't be economical.

It's the same shit they came out with in the 50s about nuclear providing energy "too cheap to meter". In reality nuclear fuel costs like 4c kWh and just running the station costs another 4c, and building and decommissioning the station costs as much as they want it to.

Nuclear fusion technology has taken leaps and bounds over the last decade. It's going to happen. And it will produce way more energy than fission reactors so the comparison is quite silly.

I know the concept of fusion reactors has been around for a long time and it's always been "in 20 years we'll have fusion" since the 50's but realistically it's only now that we have the scientific and technical know-how to put it into place. If people thought there was no future for fusion there wouldn't be all these companies looking into building the reactors. In fact, if it was all horseshit, 35+ countries wouldn't be investing in and building the ITER reactor i posted about.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    But in our lifetime?

Fucking Christ was supposed come back like twenty times at least, lately. I need answers.
    Originally posted by mmQ But in our lifetime?

Fucking Christ was supposed come back like twenty times at least, lately. I need answers.

Look into the subject a bit, there's a bunch of good videos explaining why fusion is feasible on youtube. Or the ITER website for a more detailed look into the project and fusion energy in general.
Jump to Top