User Controls

Getting a song stuck in your head as a musician

GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    I'm thinking of all the chord finger placements, which strings to pick and strum, the exact notes and rhythm, etc.

I was just playing this song and now the entire motion, sound, and feeling of it is stuck in my head. My fingers remember too, not just my ears.

Fuck I even improvise in my own head. And I can imagine what it sounds like. It's so frustrating considering I can't play right now. Knowing how to intimately play a song changes the whole dynamic of getting a song stuck in your head. The difference between snorting a line of coke and being a GCMS machine.
    When I remember harmonica songs I sometimes involuntarily flick my tongue
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    You're just thinking up music based on what you heard. You know when you think out a scenario for a story, or a memory, or life event? Well, this is kind of the same but your brain is doing it with music, so you experience it as music in your mind. Sounds lovely to be honest. Getting a song stuck in your head in any other way is just remembering it. You're applying changes to it as you remember it. That's different.
    Originally posted by Sophie You're just thinking up music based on what you heard. You know when you think out a scenario for a story, or a memory, or life event? Well, this is kind of the same but your brain is doing it with music, so you experience it as music in your mind. Sounds lovely to be honest. Getting a song stuck in your head in any other way is just remembering it. You're applying changes to it as you remember it. That's different.

It would be lovely if it wasnt the same practice chords/pickings/innovations I ALWAYS do. And when its not and it's actually something new and cool, I forget it.

Mostly its the involvement that gets me. I feel a little mentally tired from it because in my head im still coordinating the playing of an instrument.
Jump to Top