User Controls

I dont understand unions

Ghost Black Hole
    If a union goes on strike and nobody can come to an agreement and there is vital work that needs to be done can't the employer just say "fuck it" and replace them all with new people?
    snab_snib African Astronaut
    chop up an union and frie it with bacon
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    read title as "I don't understand onions"

and yes they can but that requires a shitload of time and money. Unions really have power in specialized, time sensitive positions

what are you waiting for from Canada post?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Ghost If a union goes on strike and nobody can come to an agreement and there is vital work that needs to be done can't the employer just say "fuck it" and replace them all with new people?

for unskilled labour yeah, for people with specific skills (usually tradesmen, machinists etc.) it becomes very difficult to find people to fill the void before the company starts haemmhoraging money. unions also typically act against 'scabs' - people who refuse to strike or take up the jobs of striking workers, used to be hitting them with sticks but now I think it's mostly just blacklisting them so they find it difficult to get work in the industry in the future.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by Sudo what are you waiting for from Canada post?

My shit is all here but now I can't order anything.

I also need a job and would gladly work for them. Fuck unions
    Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service Houston [back fudge my lingam]
    There's a reason a strike involves protesting in front of an employer's premises, locking yourself into your employer's buildings, and blockading access to your employer's business, instead of just leaving and waiting for your employer to invite you to come back.

We need more unionisation. Employers are getting away with far too much.
    Originally posted by Sudo read title as "I don't understand onions"

you have a serious case of illeteracy.
    Dregs African Astronaut [that freakishly double-edged allmouth]
    Me needer.
    Originally posted by Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service There's a reason a strike involves protesting in front of an employer's premises, locking yourself into your employer's buildings, and blockading access to your employer's business, instead of just leaving and waiting for your employer to invite you to come back.

We need more unionisation. Employers are getting away with far too much.

unions are useless when the bussinesses control the government and the law makers.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by Sudo what are you waiting for from Canada post?

Drugs from the deep web markets.

What else?

Oh, and maybe a fleshlight, and a book on 17th Century French Poetry, as well as a neat little mug that says "Employee of the month."

Nah, just drugs from the deep web.

I ain't Finalizing Early on account of Canada Post.
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny unions are useless when the bussinesses control the government and the law makers.

Kind of a tangent but workers comp is just some bullshit to tax people more, they will fight tooth and nail to deny payment if you get fucked up at work, use there own doctors to find results in their favor etc. Fucking scum.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by gadzooks Drugs from the deep web markets.

What else?

Oh, and maybe a fleshlight, and a book on 17th Century French Poetry, as well as a neat little mug that says "Employee of the month."

Nah, just drugs from the deep web.

I ain't Finalizing Early on account of Canada Post.

you live in the hard drug capital of Canada why would you order from the darknet?
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny unions are useless when the bussinesses control the government and the law makers.

So don't even attempt to fight, just give everything to the rich?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service So don't even attempt to fight, just give everything to the rich?

maybe switch tactics. unions have largely been castrated in the west
    Originally posted by aldra maybe switch tactics. unions have largely been castrated in the west

That's largely cos the Marxists, who were the only ones willing to put in the footwork involved in labour organising, have largely abandoned the white working class.
    Originally posted by Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service So don't even attempt to fight, just give everything to the rich?

up to you.

you can fight and lose.

labor is a fiat system. i mean if your pilots or some specialized profession, then union [mob] might give you power ... but if your production whores [factory workers], you can unionize and make pretty demands but they'll just ship factories to some other 3rd world countries.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by Ghost If a union goes on strike and nobody can come to an agreement and there is vital work that needs to be done can't the employer just say "fuck it" and replace them all with new people?

Yes.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by Sudo you live in the hard drug capital of Canada why would you order from the darknet?

Oh, I've scored everything from heroin, crack, to meth from the street, not to mention acid and MDMA, and even had multiple ketamine dealers at one time.

But It's always sketchy as fuck.

And the less you know the person, the sketchier it is.

There's also something oh so exciting about opening your mailbox right outside your apartment and finding a bubble-wrapped letter from some name you don't recognize.

Plus, a vendor rating system, escrow, etc, all make deep web transactions a lot better, assuming urgency is not an issue (and of course, sometimes it is).
Jump to Top