User Controls

Can you be both proud and insecure about the same thing?

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Like being gay for exame, could you be proud and insecure about it at the same time?

Or just anything a person might be insecure about, could they also be proud?

I can't really think of a good example of yes.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    yeah

outward pride can often come from insecurity

if someone's not sure how they feel about being gay they might try to solidify their own feelings by demonstrating how they 'want' to feel to others
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    There's a lot a shit I wouldn't wanna sit down & have a conversation w my mother or family about that make me happy, or I enjoy. I wouldn't say proud, but I def wouldn't say ashamed either.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by aldra yeah

outward pride can often come from insecurity

if someone's not sure how they feel about being gay they might try to solidify their own feelings by demonstrating how they 'want' to feel to others

So then they wouldn't actually be proud, no?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I guess what I meant is it's possible to -act- proud of something you aren't so sure is a good thing, or that you don't think you've earned etc.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I'd certainly agree. With my question I'm asking more like to be genuinely proud and genuinely insecure at the same time.
    im very proud of my little penis but i wouldnt want to parade around with it.
    Narc Space Nigga [connect my yokel-like scolytidae]
    I'm proud about being insecure

Originally posted by Narc I'm proud about being insecure

you should be insecure about your pride.

white pride is just not right.
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Proud that I'm the littest nigga on the block. Insecure that the cops may catch me.
    Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service Houston [back fudge my lingam]
    People with really good jobs are often proud of their jobs, but insecure, as they know they couldn't get the same job again.

They have nightmares about automation, reduction of regulations, efficiency improvements, or even just being fired.

That's why they become so boring and evil.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service People with really good jobs are often proud of their jobs, but insecure, as they know they couldn't get the same job again.

They have nightmares about automation, reduction of regulations, efficiency improvements, or even just being fired.

That's why they become so boring and evil.

Hmmm.

Nice one. That might be the only right example.

Why are you so fucking clever can you maybe stop?
    Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service Houston [back fudge my lingam]
    I got another, I have noticed that you always know a bad tradesman if he talks about what bad work others do.

The electrician who wired this house for instance never shut up about bad electricians. I have a wire here with two lives (same phase) and no neutral.

The tiler was the same, about tilers. We're having to reinstall an entire shower now because tiles started falling off.

In general shit people always talk about how shit people are.

Also if someone is especially suspicious of others, they're probably themselves dishonest - people assume others are like themselves. An honest guy thinks others are honest, a crook thinks everyone is a crook.
    Archer513 African Astronaut
    You could be proud of being gay,but be a big ugly fatty. There by,being insecure about getting dudes to blow.

Or maybe gay dudes don’t care. According to will and grace,gay dudes are very shallow.
    HTS highlight reel
    Perfectionists are probably the personification of "proud, but insecure". They can be proud of what they've accomplished, but they'll always feel like they could have done better, or that they didn't deserve to do as well as they did.

Shit, it's possible to be insecure about feeling proud - if someone gives me a genuine compliment, for example.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    Definitely. Someone could have spent multiple years being overweight then lost most of it, leading to feeling proud of what they accomplished yet insecure they still don't look good enough

Or even proud of learning to cook certain foods but insecure about letting someone important to them eat it
Jump to Top