User Controls

Does anyone else here have an aversion to sobriety more than any particular drug predilection?

gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    It's almost like I can take any drug interchangeably (within certain preferential constraints).

I woke up and started doing D X M and GHB and alcohol since I have no stimulants around, and I seem oddly at peace with that.

Some days I'll take shrooms, and that will keep me copacetic.

I'm like a pansexual, only drug-wise.

I just need to be on something to feel right.

Anyone else here relate to that?
    prior
    Everything is drugs. Oxygen is drugs. Dirt is drugs. Eat some dirt, it is drugs, it does things to your body just like drugs. Water is drugs. Every chemical is drugs, because every chemical interacts with your body in a certain way. There is no way to be "drug free".
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by DietPiano Everything is drugs. Oxygen is drugs. Dirt is drugs. Eat some dirt, it is drugs, it does things to your body just like drugs. Water is drugs. Every chemical is drugs, because every chemical interacts with your body in a certain way. There is no way to be "drug free".

That is definitely an interesting perspective.

Although I do think one could poke some holes in it, since there is kind of a "neurotypical" way of day-to-day living that we engage in, and inebriation is a way of altering that temporarily.

Some people (and I have no no fucking clue how they manage to do it) go their whole lives without ingesting any truly inebriating chemicals.

Eating dirt doesn't really change your mental state all that much, nor does drinking water. But eating shrooms or drinking liquor, those have a noticeable impact on our state of mind.

It's that kind of noticeable mental alteration I feel addicted to.
    WellHung Black Hole
    I feel the same as you, op. An addict will always be an addict... its in our genes...the objects of our addiction can...and will... change. We get bored without mind-altering substances.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by WellHung I feel the same as you, op. An addict will always be an addict… its in our genes…the objects of our addiction can…and will… change. We get bored without mind-altering substances.

Well that pretty much summarizes me to a T.
Jump to Top