User Controls

It's cheaper for me to live at Motel 6 than to rent an apartment...

WellHung Black Hole
    But I have to have my mail sent to my grandmother's place.
    šŸæ African Astronaut
    Lol motel 6
    You can get an apartment in the ghetto here for $500. Sure you have black and Hispanic neighbors who like to shoot at each other but you'll be king of the block when they see whitey walkin to the mailbox. All the crack hoes will want some.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    HampTheToker African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson You can get an apartment in the ghetto here for $500. Sure you have black and Hispanic neighbors who like to shoot at each other but you'll be king of the block when they see whitey walkin to the mailbox. All the crack hoes will want some.

More like the target of the block. Everyone will indeed want some, but they won't be asking. They will straight up take your shit and dare you to defend yourself.

On the other hand, Motel 6 will have hookers and drugs. It's basically space nigga paradise.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Matt's back!!!
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    All of the motels(includding Motel 6) that I've stayed in this year, have been $70+ for one night.

I'm not sure how much of a discount is given for multiple nights, but my rent is less than $800 a month.

For me, its less to rent my apartment. Plus its nicer at my place.
    They have a string of places here called "Intown Suites"..it's where all the ex cons and peados live because they can't get an apartment...they charge $250-$300 a week. There is one near me and in the evenings if you drive by you see them acting nefariously standing outside their rooms...looking for drugs and dick and young children to rape.
    Archer513 African Astronaut
    In town suites is where I put up all my contractors.lol.
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson You can get an apartment in the ghetto here for $500. Sure you have black and Hispanic neighbors who like to shoot at each other but you'll be king of the block when they see whitey walkin to the mailbox. All the crack hoes will want some.

is this in the UK or where you the one near Detroit, Mi?
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    So here is the gig. some micro offices can be as little as around 600-800 bucks

if you can find one you have access all night to (tell the landlord you have a second business in art work and sometimes get up early or come in late around midnight. most of them don't give a shit.

sometimes, they have a bathroom inside. and some have a mini shower stall. but even if it's just a office space, you try and rent one near a 24 hour health center with showers and shit. 20 bucks a month or less. showers, towel service, lockers to rent for long periods. that's the cheapest way to rent in the bay area. some students rent them for dorm rooms and do the same thing I just said. usually they're near a subway or togo sandwich. Togos is the best. they have soup and fat ass sandwich you can eat for dinner.
    Originally posted by totse3.com is this in the UK or where you the one near Detroit, Mi?

Houston TX...the "Acres homes" area is the nearest ghetto to me (about 4 or 5 miles away)...it's den of prostitutes drugs and black folk.
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Houston TX…the "Acres homes" area is the nearest ghetto to me (about 4 or 5 miles away)…it's den of prostitutes drugs and black folk.

I thought you were british for some reason.

unless you live in some old "code out" upper middle class neighborhood in the hills out near Oakland (which is mostly white and or asians) the rest of the bay area is pretty mixed. not a lot of "White neighborhoods or black neighborhoods" everything is gentrifying and people are getting mixed in together.

crime has dropped. it goes up in areas that didn't have a problem and goes down in area's deemed "ghetto'. but the overall crime is also down.. so it wasn't displaced bad behavior.

seems to be working. of course lots of people are moving away.

I just saw this.. it's a fancy brit sammich

totse3.com Space Nigga
    oops except East Oakland.. it needs some improving. quality of life for everyone.. but once in a while, someone drives in and gets their car shot up for no reason.

:(
    Originally posted by totse3.com I thought you were british for some reason.

I am...but I now live in Houston Tejas as I'm a man of the world.
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I am…but I now live in Houston Tejas as I'm a man of the world.

houston or dallas is where John Peel got his start in Radio before going back to the UK

I think he also took part in Pirate Radio (boat?).. but his production lineup became a musical standard around the nations of the world (westernize music listening)

much Manchester brit sound.
    Originally posted by totse3.com houston or dallas is where John Peel got his start in Radio before going back to the UK

I think he also took part in Pirate Radio (boat?).. but his production lineup became a musical standard around the nations of the world (westernize music listening)

much Manchester brit sound.

Oh wow, Radio Caroline (the boat) I remember that. Yes I'm from Manchester...or Gunchester as it's known now.
    Mewsik African Astronaut [diagonally photosensitise my summation]
    Welcome back Matt!

But .. I donā€™t believe you. There are plenty of less expensive apartments. However, if your credit sucks and the bus lines are a problem .. maybe not? I havenā€™t had that problem in well over 20 years sooooo ..
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Oh wow, Radio Caroline (the boat) I remember that. Yes I'm from Manchester…or Gunchester as it's known now.

Things changed. they show that in the film about Tony Wilson (24 hour party people) how things went from roughneck type city dwellers doing drugs and suddenly find their musical culture could bring them fortune but Tony Wilson apparently blew everyone's money he got involved with on fancy useless shit? I know it's just mostly urban tales. like the infamous Tony Wilson table he spent shitloads on. for table talk sessions. or something weird like this.

Control is a good film to watch about Ian Curtis. I think it's more accurate than 24 hour party people which was based more on urban tales of the Manchester Scene before it wen all "House Music" and "Gunchester?
    Any suggestions on films relating to Manchesters post punk period?
    Originally posted by totse3.com Things changed. they show that in the film about Tony Wilson (24 hour party people)

There is a scene in that movie where the Gallagher brothers are on a roof top poisoning pigeons...I used to be the property manager of that building and would sit up there eating my lunch. Pall Mall House, 20 church street manchester...they added some floors and changed it into fancy apartments now.

There was a dance studio/model agency on the 4th floor that I worked for on the side...(keeping pervs out)...dem models were all kinds of fucked up in the head..which worked out well for me ;)

EDIT x2:

The band "Take that" used to practice up on the 4th floor, we'd have to keep the screaming girls out and would sneak them out the back and go drinking with them in the pub next door "The Unicorn". I had Robbie Williams throw up on me one night in there...great days.
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson There is a scene in that movie where the Gallagher brothers are on a roof top poisoning pigeons…I used to be the property manager of that building and would sit up there eating my lunch. Pall Mall House, 20 church street manchester…they added some floors and changed it into fancy apartments now.

There was a dance studio/model agency on the 4th floor that I worked for on the side…(keeping pervs out)…dem models were all kinds of fucked up in the head..which worked out well for me ;)

EDIT x2:

The band "Take that" used to practice up on the 4th floor, we'd have to keep the screaming girls out and would sneak them out the back and go drinking with them in the pub next door "The Unicorn". I had Robbie Williams throw up on me one night in there…great days.

That's pretty cool. it's funny how I run into people with some sort of music related background (musician or not, sound board people, bouncers, managers of clubs). East bay was full of Metal and Rock bands in the 70s-90s (which clearly it shows I was more into the british sound of post punk/gothic)

so before those 2 top stories, it was a roof where they filmed that scene or was that a close stage shot? that's pretty cool though. wasn't the Hacienda torn down after only existing 15-20 years? newish building torn down to be apartments?
Jump to Top