User Controls

Lanny's solution for getting rid of all the homeless in San Francisco...

WellHung Black Hole
    Is to encourage them to move to Oakland.
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    They did something similar in Vancouver.

Right before the 2010 Winter Olympics, they shipped all the bums out to the rural Lower Mainland.

It's kind of a common strategy, actually.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by WellHung Is to encourage them to move to Oakland.

that's just fucked up.
    A mass bum exodus is actually a realistic strategy for civil engineer / community planner types.

It's classist as fuck, but it makes all the middle-class folk feel less burdened by the so-called dregs of society.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    What about this little tiny house things I heard about they were trying out? Has that bean working or what's the HAPS?
    WellHung Black Hole
    so called? they are dregs... they contribute nothing to society.
    WellHung Black Hole
    At least Lanny contributes this ridiculously awful website.
    Originally posted by WellHung so called? they are dregs… they contribute nothing to society.

You're a meanie.

These dregs are useful, they can be exploited used for labor, or even turned into food work on farms to produce sustenance.
    Originally posted by mmQ What about this little tiny house things I heard about they were trying out? Has that bean working or what's the HAPS?

I lived out of a minivan for a year.

Vandwelling is the shit.

It's not quite the same as the micro-homes concept, but it's close enough.

Definitely worth considering.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I mean moving them to oakland would make my life a bit better if they'd stay, but they'd be back via BART in less than 24h.

Originally posted by mmQ What about this little tiny house things I heard about they were trying out? Has that bean working or what's the HAPS?

Is anyone actually building them? I'd heard the idea along with like a thousand others being tossed around but generally these things get caught up in the bizarre machine that is SF housing and homeless politics never to be heard from again.

Also I think a lot of people look at bay area housing issues and homelessness as the same issue, and while there's definitely a lot of similarity IMO they're issues concerning different demographics which have different solutions. There are low income people who are getting priced out of the area and that population does experience homelessness sometimes, but if you just find them a place that they can afford they'll hold down a job and their problem is about as "solved" as it gets for anyone in the working class. Think our friend t2k1 for these guys: maybe a bit crazy sometimes but harmless and able to exist in society.

Then there's the long-term homeless that you could literally give free housing to and they'd end up destroying it or refusing to live there, or getting kicked out for just being mentally deranged shits. The forum equivalent would be scron on a meth bender or finny when he gets his feelings hurt.
    totse3.com Space Nigga

still being tested out.

there is a massive amount of old looking RVs parked in Berkeley I noticed. it's nice to see they have a place to chill.. and my feeling is that they were donated over the people owning them. Why, because none are new .. they all look to be in the late 1980s or early 1990 models.. same era. So I was thinking a church may of bought them and let the people crash in them. but some of the people look young. Most are elderly and vet looking. I respect this. it's nice they have a place to crash and no one bothers them. but looking at the healthy younger ones.. I keep thinking, What's his story. I'm in my 50s, couldn't get Social Security for a fair reason and was out on my ass forced to find work or sink. I mean come on.
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by WellHung so called? they are dregs… they contribute nothing to society.

That's kind of unfair.

Some of them can't find a niche or have health issues. but some are young and lazy. straight up!
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    At the end of the day being homeless living on the skreets is like being a caveman or just more primitive people who basically did the same shit. It's not really like it should be looked down on its just a way people live and the fact people do it for many many years sometimes goes to show it's obviously worth it and very doable.

Most people couldn't fucking handle being homeless cuz they've lived in a comfort bubble their whole life and look at it as inconceivable, dirty, wrong, low status, etc. It's not though. It's a lifestyle. And it's ok.
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Lanny Then there's the long-term homeless that you could literally give free housing to and they'd end up destroying it or refusing to live there, or getting kicked out for just being mentally deranged shits. The forum equivalent would be scron on a meth bender or finny when he gets his feelings hurt.

I've read people are destroying houses. it's a game with some people. For some it's "Society owes me" and then they get cheap rent (usually not free but only pay 500 bucks or less for a 3500 dollar voucher property where the gov pays up to 2200 or 2500 I believe. and then those parents (99 percent are moms from what I hear) get 250 bucks per child in EBC for clothing and needs and free full Dentil, Medical and free foodstamps (in another EBC/EBS)

now they rid the foodstamps for going directly to specialized produce stores. yet the other nifties till exist

when they're asked to leave. they squate as long as a year before Sheriff can get involved. and many many times. over and over, the owner finally goes in and finds everything not tied down is gone. sinks, basins, fridge, stoves, countertops, sometimes cupboards, toilets if high end (or just toilets), garden hose, water heater, lawn mower if the owner was stupid enough to leave it for them.

everything.. gone!
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Hey Landlord.. A big FUCK YOU

Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by mmQ At the end of the day being homeless living on the skreets is like being a caveman or just more primitive people who basically did the same shit. It's not really like it should be looked down on its just a way people live and the fact people do it for many many years sometimes goes to show it's obviously worth it and very doable.

Most people couldn't fucking handle being homeless cuz they've lived in a comfort bubble their whole life and look at it as inconceivable, dirty, wrong, low status, etc. It's not though. It's a lifestyle. And it's ok.

In principle I accept that someone might somewhat reasonably choose to be homeless. Like I remember being in this kind of hippy village thing in Oregon once and people were just living in the woods or whatever. That's cool, it seems like it could be fun to do for a while or forever if that's your thing.

In practice, if you're living on the streets of san francisco, there's something wrong. Either you can't afford housing and you want it, or you have serious psychological issues. If it's "just a lifestyle" then being in a wheelchair or being illiterate are also "just lifestyles". I don't look down on anyone for being in that situation, I'm just realistic that it isn't something almost anyone has a real choice about.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    No you're right. I was definitely talking more in principle.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    shuffle them to an area with an unskilled labour shortage
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I think it ends up being for some, something they thihght they'd never do or have to do but for whatever reason they grow used to it and adapt to it

Obviously there can't be very many people that literally said, "I want to and am going to be homeless and be a STREET URCHIN" but it's more how we're adaptable as fuck in general and you make a hundred ANYONE be homeless, Id like to think like 95 of them would last a long time or even dig their way out of it.

That'd be an interesting expirement.

Make 100 regular non homeless people be homeless. Just bam you are all on the streets with zero money to start, the clothes on your back, and just the knowledge in your head. And you can't get a job that pays better than minimum wage and you can't work more than 20 hours a week. Lol
    Narc Space Nigga [connect my yokel-like scolytidae]
    Originally posted by mmQ At the end of the day being homeless living on the skreets is like being a caveman or just more primitive people who basically did the same shit. It's not really like it should be looked down on its just a way people live and the fact people do it for many many years sometimes goes to show it's obviously worth it and very doable.

There's real freedom in being homeless that most property dwellers just can't understand.

Like that quote from fight club when he says about all the shit you own ends up owning you. Its so true.

Jump to Top