User Controls

PEOPLE WHO TYPE IN ALL CAPS

Lanny Bird of Courage
    Is it just me or does it seem like this has become less of a thing? Like I remember like 10 years ago posting in the internet meant running into people who would post either their whole message in caps, or like capitalize long stretches of posts for emphasis. Tonally there was a lot more yelling going on.

But I think the general atmosphere of the parts of the internet I see have become more civil, or at least that can't be an explanation since if you think about the most uncivil internet communities you know, they seem to actually do less all-capsing than you see on facebook.

So why did the practice fall out of vogue? Or am I just imagining that there's less all caps posters today than in the past?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT.

I always thigt it was funny (cringey), -to say STOP YELLING!!

LIKE YOU READ A THING IN CAPS AND YELL IN YOUR OWN HEAD!!!!!
    Ghost Black Hole
    Caps Lock for cruise control
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    there are more effective ways of being 'un-civil'

faggot
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by aldra there are more effective ways of being 'un-civil'

faggot

I'm going to bed. Bai
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    It's just because people are even lazier today than they were ten years ago. It takes an extra step to turn caps on; that's why they don't bother anymore. Most don't even have the gumption to use punctuation, such as commas, periods or proper spelling anymore. It's a sign of the times. A disposable society which only wants instant gratification, with as little effort as possible.
    Bologna Nacho African Astronaut
    I thought this site coded out the question mark until I asked a question.
    now we go fully uncapped.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top