User Controls

New Keycaps

Lanny Bird of Courage
    Check it:

SA caps, surprisingly few sets made in this profile, people seem to have something against spherical caps even though they're my favorite and even then DSA seems more popular for some reason. I have DSA caps on the keyboard I carry around for use on the go and for that context the low profile is preferable but for the board that never leaves my desk the additional sculpting is really nice, and I think it looks sick.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Narc Space Nigga [connect my yokel-like scolytidae]
    What you mean 'the keyboard I carry around'?

GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Originally posted by Narc What you mean 'the keyboard I carry around'?

Do you not keep a pocket keyboard?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Narc What you mean 'the keyboard I carry around'?

I have another TKL keyboard I usually bring along when I take my laptop with me. I use it at work or if I'm going to be doing much typing at school. This one with the DSA caps I mentioned:

lol, don't your laptop have a keyboard or summing?

Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Narc lol, don't your laptop have a keyboard or summing?

As far as laptop keyboards go it's one of the better ones but a laptop keyboard is never going to be very good. Or I guess they make some laptops with mech keyboards but I never like the layout and they either have to make the case for the laptop thick as dick or cut down the travel to be shit. Plus when I have it hooked up to my monitors at work I prefer to keep the lid closed.
    So you lug a fucking great keyboard around with you all day just coz you're too finiky to use the perfectly good keyboard on the laptop?

That's fucking mental.

dank
    Technologist victim of incest
    I use a chrome book at work, I hate the keyboard!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Narc So you lug a fucking great keyboard around with you all day just coz you're too finiky to use the perfectly good keyboard on the laptop?

That's fucking mental.

I spend a majority of my waking hour in front of a keyboard, I don't think it's particularly crazy to expend a little effort to make it a nice one. Like we could just stuff cash and cards and stuff in our pockets if we wanted but most of us invest in a wallet or something to make that a little easier. Doesn't seem "mental" to me lol.
    esbity African Astronaut
    None of us have mental or psychological issues here. We are all normal people just like the rest of the population.

Lamy is perfectly okay carrying around an additional keyboard, just like its okay for me to carry around a razorblade, lockpicks, and sometimes my gun.
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    I think it's pretty rad looking and that's great if it's better for your purposes. As far as my keyboard use goes I'm with Narc, I find the MacBook keyboard to be sufficient. What are the advantages you're looking for in substituting?
    Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service Houston [back fudge my lingam]
    Can't imagine wanting to do without the number pad on a keyboard.
    Originally posted by Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service Can't imagine wanting to do without the number pad on a keyboard.

Yeah I'm constantly using my numpad to HaKK
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Zanick I think it's pretty rad looking and that's great if it's better for your purposes. As far as my keyboard use goes I'm with Narc, I find the MacBook keyboard to be sufficient. What are the advantages you're looking for in substituting?

Verses a macbook keyboard (and I'll talk about the last generation since the new ones are the hottest garbage you could possibly put on a >$1000 computer), the main things I'm looking for are greater travel (distance that a key is depressed before activating), tactile feedback (usually brief drop in resistance at the point of activation, accompanied by a sound with "clicky" switches), and hysteresis (different resistance curves when depressing a key vs. releasing it). Cap shape and thickness also affect the feel, but that's pretty much just a matter of personal preference.

Originally posted by Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service Can't imagine wanting to do without the number pad on a keyboard.

I can see both sides on the number pad thing. I have full size keyboards and use them regularly, and it's undoubtedly better than using the top row if you're typing out a lot of numbers. Originally I picked up a TKL just because I couldn't fit a full sized keyboard in by backpack. I didn't miss the number pad as much as I thought I would, and I found that since the numpad is on the right side of keyboard, and I use my right hand to use the mouse, I had to move my hand like half the distance to go from the mouse to the keyboard. It's a small thing but it's a motion we do an enormous number of times if you're using any kind of DE and when I use fullsized keyboards now I notice it and it's perceptibly slower.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    How is it better than just using the top row? I can type numbers fucking s3am13551y in fluid motion while I'm typing the rest of my sentence. If I go to numpad I have half the fingers that I do for the top row.

Can't do this on a numpad

1234567890-qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;zxcvbnm,1234567890
    Flatulant_bomb Tuskegee Airman
    Nerdsin.space
    Odigo Messenger - Now With Free 911 Service Houston [back fudge my lingam]
    Originally posted by GGG How is it better than just using the top row?

You can enter numbers faster and more accurately using a number pad - it's a big deal if you want to enter accounting information. I guess McDonald's managers don't need to do that.
    cupocheer Space Nigga [unwillingly condescend the dp]
    Originally posted by Lanny Check it:

SA caps, surprisingly few sets made in this profile, people seem to have something against spherical caps even though they're my favorite and even then DSA seems more popular for some reason. I have DSA caps on the keyboard I carry around for use on the go and for that context the low profile is preferable but for the board that never leaves my desk the additional sculpting is really nice, and I think it looks sick.

Why didn't you just get glasses?

Vanity?
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Very nice Lan Man Fam. I love the look of black with cyan/teal it's a lovely color scheme, simple and elegant.
Jump to Top