User Controls

should lanny stop pretending to be an important philosopher

Glokula's Homabla African Astronaut
    give up the act and just be the stupid loser that he really is?

or will the insecurity make his dad suicide?
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Lanny isn't a philosopher. He's a code monkey and he makes more a month than you will in your entire life.
    Ghost Black Hole
    He's a sadboy
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by Sophie He's a code monkey and he makes more a month than you will in your entire life.

Can attest to that.

Being a code monkey is the shit.

10/10 career choice, would recommend.
    Originally posted by Sophie Lanny isn't a philosopher. He's a code monkey

The two aren't mutually exclusive.
    Originally posted by Sophie Lanny isn't a philosopher. He's a code monkey and he makes more a month than you will in your entire life.

well i generate more electricity in my brain in a month than you have in your entire life
    Originally posted by Glokula's Homabla well i generate more electricity in my brain in a month than you have in your entire life

For the record...

The neural efficiency hypothesis is the phenomenon where smarter individuals show lower (more efficient) brain activation than less bright individuals on cognitive tests of low to moderate difficulty.

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by Sophie

who/what/when/where/why im 14 and this is deep
    Originally posted by gadzooks However, in all fairness, it does go on to say:

"For tasks of higher difficulty, however, smarter individuals show higher brain activation."

But one could argue that smarter individuals tend to find average tasks to be of low to moderate difficulty.

so why did you even post this? do you think i havent heard of this before?

higher brain activity because im constantly stimulating my mind
    Originally posted by Glokula's Homabla so why did you even post this? do you think i havent heard of this before?

higher brain activity because im constantly stimulating my mind

Fair enough, but it's still a pretentious thing to say.

Most people are constantly stimulating their minds, and perhaps some more than others.

But those of us who are going above and beyond the average tend not to gloat in that fact.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    Um. U beat ur gf & have sex with ur bf...?

Is there a standarized test to make u normal?
    Originally posted by gadzooks Fair enough, but it's still a pretentious thing to say.

Most people are constantly stimulating their minds, and perhaps some more than others.

But those of us who are going above and beyond the average tend not to gloat in that fact.

when you're so much smarter than the average person that the average mensan is like a dog, and the average person on this website is like a squirrel, you tend to revel in your intelligence
    Originally posted by Glokula's Homabla when you're so much smarter than the average person that the average mensan is like a dog, and the average person on this website is like a squirrel, you tend to revel in your intelligence

See that, that right there... That comes off as pretentious beyond all reasonable description.

Real intelligence comprises wisdom as well, and wisdom tends to temper that intelligence with some humility.
    Originally posted by gadzooks See that, that right there… That comes off as pretentious beyond all reasonable description.

Real intelligence comprises wisdom as well, and wisdom tends to temper that intelligence with some humility.

if someone is literally a genius and says "im literally a genius" is that pretentious? no, it's factual. and fuck humility i think about killing people every day
    Originally posted by DontTellEm Um. U beat ur gf & have sex with ur bf…?

LOL does he really?

I try not to judge people too much, but man, for someone who claims to be so much smarter than everyone else, those behaviors tend to kinda indicate anything but.

Then again, intelligence and morality aren't as correlated as one might hope. Hitler was brilliant. Some serial killers were off the charts IQ-wise.
    Originally posted by Glokula's Homabla if someone is literally a genius and says "im literally a genius" is that pretentious?

First of all, can you actually substantiate these claims?

Originally posted by Glokula's Homabla i think about killing people every day

Ok, your problems run a bit deeper than being pretentious or lacking humility.
    i dont have a bf or a gf i think donttellem is confusing fantasies with reality
    Originally posted by gadzooks First of all, can you actually substantiate these claims?

yeah my iq is 155 and i was in every sort of gifted program starting from kindergarden to highschool
    Originally posted by Glokula's Homabla yeah my iq is 155 and i was in every sort of gifted program starting from kindergarden to highschool

It's an unwritten law of the universe that anyone who boasts about their IQ is definitely full of it.

For all I know, you could be telling the truth, but clearly intelligence in whatever way you seem to define it is not very comprehensive, since it seems to lack certain nuances such as humility, grace, tact, or anything resembling social intelligence.
Jump to Top