User Controls

What if this is all really a video game?

PrettyHateMachine African Astronaut
    And for whatever reason I was dumb enough to choose to play it or the "creator" put me in this position against my will.
    Full-immersion virtual reality is possible and this reality has been proven to be "virtual" meaning it's a computed reality (not meaning it's on a computer but that it is an artefact that stims from some source energy).
    Since base reality is immaterial or at least not what we perceive as reality based on this "physical" dimension we perceive then it's perfectly acceptable to view ourselves as players (and some as characters/npcs) and this universe as a simulation, whether an interesting intentional one or something merely accidental.
    I believe I am here for a purpose, or that I am selected to take on a task as part of the gameplay/main campaign and that task is ... destroying the jedis and ending their reign of terror.
    They are so cartoon like and one dimensional as if to be exactly what one would think of as an evil force in a video game you are tasked with stopping and that is exactly what we are experiencing right now.
    Everything in nature and our universe is programmed/patternisitic.
    The jedis are a parasitic organism that's sole purpose is to prevent stagnation for the human evolutionary pattern and without them and other aspects of reality, we simply could not be.
    Everything about our reality is built on a programatic force.
    So where am I to head from here?
    How do I destroy the jedis and all evil in this world?
    Going out and killing them isn't the right path as this game is built on permadeath and has an extraordinarily high difficulty so physical action like that is out of the question for now.
    Activism is useful but for me, I believe my skill set is best for something else.
    Whatever comes, I won't stop until these monsters are gone once and for all.
    Narc Space Nigga [connect my yokel-like scolytidae]
    Most people are living in the matrix. But its not a computer simulated matrix like in the movie, its a psychological matrix where the media is used to brainwash people into believing their reality is something its not.

Originally posted by Narc Most people are living in the matrix. But its not a computer simulated matrix like in the movie, its a psychological matrix where the media is used to brainwash people into believing their reality is something its not.

That is true and we are just now at the point from breaking free from that fake reality but I'm saying that our reality itself is a projection being rendered by some force or mechanism
    Narc Space Nigga [connect my yokel-like scolytidae]
    Do you have some solid evidence to support this theory or is it just that it fits better with your own mental illness version of reality?

Originally posted by Narc Do you have some solid evidence to support this theory or is it just that it fits better with your own mental illness version of reality?

Search for "simulation theory" lots of people believe this to be the nature of existence
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by PrettyHateMachine Search for "simulation theory" lots of people believe this to be the nature of existence

that's because everyone wants to be a hero, not an alcoholic who hates their job and plays too many video games
    Ghost Black Hole
    I win

And winners don't do drugs
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    It's not a video game. If our reality is a simulation it's probably an attempt to simulate and understand Life, the past, alternative histories, or it's an environment used to develop artificial intelligences.
    Originally posted by Obbe It's not a video game. If our reality is a simulation it's probably an attempt to simulate and understand Life, the past, alternative histories, or it's an environment used to develop artificial intelligences.

you don't think interstellar entities want to play GTA as well? you know you wanna beat down random passerbys and throw them in front of cars and then shoot like 23 cops in an IRL feeling simulation. what if we are all NPCs generated by one persons computer and this person just gets to continuously reincarnate into the world as whoever they want?
    life doesn't care about shit but eating and fucking you goddamn optimist
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III you don't think interstellar entities want to play GTA as well? you know you wanna beat down random passerbys and throw them in front of cars and then shoot like 23 cops in an IRL feeling simulation. what if we are all NPCs generated by one persons computer and this person just gets to continuously reincarnate into the world as whoever they want?

Possible. I think the other stuff I suggested is more probable.
    Originally posted by Obbe Possible. I think the other stuff I suggested is more probable.

i know, my point was why?
    Originally posted by OG_GREENPLASTIC_JOHNSON_III i know, my point was why?

Mainly resource allocation but you know what, maybe you're sort of half right, why would the simulation be limited to a single purpose. Its most likely used for all those things, developing intelligence, understand life and the past, entertainment, escape and probably more uses we haven't thought of.
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    It's always interesting to me reading certain ideas from the past and looking at it from a modern perspective. For example the King Follett discourse. I'm by no means a believer in Mormon theology but Joseph Smith says some interesting things...
Jump to Top