User Controls

War Nerd on the Genocide in Yemen

http://exiledonline.com/the-war-nerd-anglo-american-media-complicity-in-yemens-genocide/
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I wasn't aware he went back to writing columns after NSFWC died and Pando went full jedi; will read later

I pledged for his book on kickstarter or something but last I checked the link was dead, need to try to get in contact with him/them because I never finished reading it
    The War Nerd book? I have it, it's just a collected bunch of his columns.

I don't think there's any OC in it.

His Iliad is OK (I didn't get that far into it), and Pleasant Hell is OK as well.

I think I have a collection of his columns around on a hard drive somewhere too.
    I wonder if it's hard to make an ebook from a normal book
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    this is awesome. much better than war on the rocks, at least in a factual and detail driven context
    pretty easy to transcribe with OCR nowadays, but getting formatting and embedded images right is probably more difficult.

I guess you could even just scan every single page to a jpg and convert the format if filesize isn't a major issue for you
    Just spent some time reading, book scanning technology right now fucking sucks.
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    The fuck I thought this was about this guy: https://wartard.blogspot.com/

Turns out HE FINALLY wrote something after like 2 years.
    anyone else here like Caspian report? It's less about war and more about geopolitics but goddamn, he made me like Azerbaijanis even though he's bias as fuck over noborno karabakh
    Couple of things:

1. My favourite way to characterise this 'war' is by describing one of KSA's first major operations:

They used airstrikes to destroy the cranes at the Hodeida port, stopping ships from being loaded or unloaded there (Hodeida is the country's only major port, so this essentially created a famine and medicine shortage leading to cholera outbreaks).
    They then blockaded the port so that new cranes or equipment to repair them could not be brought in.
    They then petitioned the UN to grant them administrative control over the port because 'the Yemenis could not keep it functional which resulted in a famine and medical catastrophe'.

2. I just noticed this article was from June. Even now, and even with US and UK support, they've been completely unable to take more than a few small areas north of the port regardless of the contrary impression their state media gives. Their African mercenaries are rapidly backing out given the extreme losses they're taking, KSA's facing rebellions in southern Shia towns and getting their training camps pounded with TBMs.

Originally posted by Sudo anyone else here like Caspian report? It's less about war and more about geopolitics but goddamn, he made me like Azerbaijanis even though he's bias as fuck over noborno karabakh

I'll check it out
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Majestic 12 : The UFO Science Task Force I wonder if it's hard to make an ebook from a normal book

there are apps that you can download to your phone and use it to scan documents with its camera and generate pdf.
    the southern and North western Shia in the ksa are traditionally restive and less cooperative than the brain dead wasabis. I actually hadn't thought of how hard it would be logistically to move across the southern border into Yemen given how difficult the Shia can be down there.

Fuck Saudis are terrible people. the Yemenis I've met are terrible too but not as overtly unapologetocallu evil as the Saudi's. The blockade is cruel and unusual and plays into al qaedas hands perfectly, they can shape the narrative, keep the western part of the country theirs and work with the Saudis. the houthis made incredible gains against them even before they took power.

This is fucking disgusting.
    http://thesaker.is/hassan-nasrallah-we-have-all-the-missiles-we-need-israeli-soldiers-desert-combat-units/

Not strictly related, but have you seen this? Nasrallah'a explicitly daring the jedis to take shots at him now
    Originally posted by aldra http://thesaker.is/hassan-nasrallah-we-have-all-the-missiles-we-need-israeli-soldiers-desert-combat-units/

Not strictly related, but have you seen this? Nasrallah'a explicitly daring the jedis to take shots at him now

I didn't see that but it is very sexy. I feel like Hezbollah is the best cannon fodder for jedi missles and would likely divert their attention to a front they had previously been ignoring. Hassan nasrallah is a G and a very strong man of relatively sound mind for a religious zealot. He's likely goading the jedis into focusing on the yellows so the Iranians can better make moves unnoticed. Iran is struggling right now in every aspect and have more foreign support than domestic. Hassan knows how powerful Iran can be and seeks to aid them in any way.

Iran can't fight the jedis from their weak position so a distraction from a proxy is in their favor
Jump to Top