User Controls

Do you initate conversations with strangers in public?

GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    I almost never, ever do this. I may make a comment or ask a question, but I'll never sit there and try to have a conversation with somebody in public unless it's somewhere where that's to be expected (Bar, party, event, etc.)

I truly don't get people who want to do this. I don't like most people. Sure they may be kind and sweet, and great in many other ways, but that doesn't mean I want to be their friend or anything, and if I don't want to be their friend, why would I want to get to know them? I think the special short moments are so much more valuable.

Also I don't like the whole 'getting to know you' talk, which is generally where these types of things end up. If I can have a topical conversation about something then it's great. Good way to suck up knowledge from other people. But most of the time this is not the case.

thots?
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by GGG thots?

Sure, I'll take one.
    How da fuck else you gon' expand your social circle?

Small talk is a necessary evil. It's a dance we all do because what else are we gonna do, just smile and nod at everyone we see walking down the street? Next thing ya know, we're just gonna be cyborgs whizzing past each other like human interaction has gone extinct.
    Originally posted by gadzooks How da fuck else you gon' expand your social circle?

Small talk is a necessary evil. It's a dance we all do because what else are we gonna do, just smile and nod at everyone we see walking down the street? Next thing ya know, we're just gonna be cyborgs whizzing past each other like human interaction has gone extinct.

I try as hard as I can to skip small talk to see if I like a person. It's worked well for me so far. I have a lot of friends. I can't say they're best friends or anything, but they're people I can hang out with and whatnot. I meet them through work or school or clubs (hobby/interest clubs, not clubbing clubs.) Generally these things drop off when they end up liking me more than I like them, and I stop going to things I'm invited to. Not trying to puff my ego here, that's just how it is. It takes a lot for me to want to stay involved with a person.

So I'm not too concerned with expanding my social circle. Honestly, I couldn't tell you how many brothers/sisters any of them have, or what their majors are, or any of that stuff. I constantly forget that shit anyway, so telling me is kinda a waste of time.

There's really nothing better than meeting a person and instantly being able to just get along and talk about topics of interest. I feel any friendship outside of friendships like that is just pointless. I don't want to have to try and act a certain way to get along with people. It's tiring as fuck, and I don't know how people do it. I've worked in the corporate world and it's all just so fake. Everybody has a problem with somebody, you know?

Quality over quantity and all that.
    Originally posted by GGG There's really nothing better than meeting a person and instantly being able to just get along and talk about topics of interest. I feel any friendship outside of friendships like that is just pointless. I don't want to have to try and act a certain way to get along with people. It's tiring as fuck, and I don't know how people do it. I've worked in the corporate world and it's all just so fake. Everybody has a problem with somebody, you know?

Quality over quantity and all that.

Hey, if you're finding that kinda connection with people with any regularity, then all the power to you.

I find it exceedingly rare to have those kinds of connections with people, at least right off the bat and all.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Yeah all the time and they do with me as well because of my friendly non incel persona.

That and i look like a cute hate hippie gont
    Well that's my problem. I can be really good friends with someone for a few months and then I just stop liking them through no fault of their own.

Long term connections are significantly harder for me to make, which is good I think? People who make long term connections easily are probably very clingy and also more likely to run into problems/drama due to lack of discretion.

I seem to pick okay people, it's usually just some personality trait that annoys me. Like there's this one girl I know who's great. She's cute, smart, kind, funny, wants essentially the same things I want in life, and we get along great and hang out maybe once a month in a group. Lots of people hear that and think "Go for it man!" but sometimes relationships aren't meant to be evolved past what they are. Don't think either of us would be happy if we were romantically involved or even just better friends (I don't know how much talk about Vines and celebrities I can stand) but we both enjoy the catching up and having things to talk about when we DO meet.
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby Yeah all the time and they do with me as well because of my friendly non incel persona.

That and i look like a cute hate hippie gont

Half of the videos you post of this kind of thing are just you harassing people. You recently showed me and others a video of you approaching a group of women at a gas station. Was it funny? Yeah. But it was also creepy, as everybody else in tinychat at that time told you. It's not natural to approach people at the gas station for a chat. They probably thought you were either on drugs, wanted to murder them, wanted to fuck them, or some combination of the three.

And let's be honest, you definitely wanted to fuck them. Drugs? Possibly. Wouldn't be out of bounds for you, but I think you do this shit regardless of drugs because you're just a fucking weirdo.
    Today this guy went around the store to everyone including me telling everyone that he could multiply any big numbers in his head. Apparently he read some stupid book. The sad part is the same guy did the same thing, to me, in Walmart when I had a broken ankle. That was almost two years ago and i was in a riding cart and couldn't get away
    Originally posted by GGG Well that's my problem. I can be really good friends with someone for a few months and then I just stop liking them through no fault of their own.

Long term connections are significantly harder for me to make, which is good I think? People who make long term connections easily are probably very clingy and also more likely to run into problems/drama due to lack of discretion.

I seem to pick okay people, it's usually just some personality trait that annoys me. Like there's this one girl I know who's great. She's cute, smart, kind, funny, wants essentially the same things I want in life, and we get along great and hang out maybe once a month in a group. Lots of people hear that and think "Go for it man!" but sometimes relationships aren't meant to be evolved past what they are. Don't think either of us would be happy if we were romantically involved or even just better friends (I don't know how much talk about Vines and celebrities I can stand) but we both enjoy the catching up and having things to talk about when we DO meet.

Yeah i know what you mean kinda. My ex gf i loved her and we had a lot of fun and very intimate moments. The most intimate of intimates but deep down over the course of a year i felt a discord and i saw it all coming. When she told me that this isnt love i let it go

I still think about it to this day. Even though i knew it was right to never see her again, which i haven't, i still miss her every day.
    Originally posted by GGG I almost never, ever do this. I may make a comment or ask a question, but I'll never sit there and try to have a conversation with somebody in public unless it's somewhere where that's to be expected (Bar, party, event, etc.)

I truly don't get people who want to do this. I don't like most people. Sure they may be kind and sweet, and great in many other ways, but that doesn't mean I want to be their friend or anything, and if I don't want to be their friend, why would I want to get to know them? I think the special short moments are so much more valuable.

Also I don't like the whole 'getting to know you' talk, which is generally where these types of things end up. If I can have a topical conversation about something then it's great. Good way to suck up knowledge from other people. But most of the time this is not the case.

thots?

Everyone uses me, lies to me or steels from me. When anyone needs hell I'm the first to jump, when the tables are turned I'm the first to get jumped on. Go figure
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Jackrabbitfyi Everyone uses me, lies to me or steels from me. When anyone needs hell I'm the first to jump, when the tables are turned I'm the first to get jumped on. Go figure

You need more discretion in the people you hang out with.
    Originally posted by GGG You need more discretion in the people you hang out with.

Yeah well I'm 42 and it's happened all my life. But now that I live in TN it's 100 times worse. My issue is, people don't gain trust with me it's given til proven it should be taken. I also don't judge new people on people of my past etc etc. It's not fair to me really but it's fair to others.
    eBagger Tuskegee Airman
    God rarely unless I'm on a high dose of Adderall, but I must give off positive vibes or whatever vibes that scream out "HEY TALK TO ME ABOUT ANYTHING ON YOUR MIND OR JUST YOUR FAVORITE CANDY YOUR THINKING ABOUT PICKING UP"

So when standing in line at the store I'm studying the candy and reading the energy drinks ingredients, and looking at chips as if I'm baffled by the variety and deeply concerned that I might make the wrong decision (shh guys not actually planning on buying the shit)

And people STILL end up saying something to me

So yeah I kinda turned this into a strangers initiate conversation with me, with me trying to avoid initiating conversation for most occasions unless they give off a particularly friendly or vibe or like their old and lonely or something.

EDIT:

I think depending on the amount of time spent, it might either be you, your keen eye of as people getting more comfortable around you letting loose more of their "real" selves, and the fact that there is quite a large number of shitheads out there.

So maybe your a good dude with good judgement. Or your just a narcissist asshole who gets to thinkin he's too cool to hangout with his friends

HAH you only like to talk to people at partys, events, bars. Thats the worst place to initiate conversation because you hafta yell and half the time misunderstanding and I try and not breathe on people when I talk I like suck in or look away while making occaisional eye contact but when yelling at a bar or something I just think I'm breathing my air/bad breath on this person hah try initiating strangers at church or salvation army or wal mart where its still kinda got that party vibe but its alot quieter
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Technologist victim of incest
    I don’t know what it is about me, but people start these conversations with me. Does it say talk to me on my forehead? It doesn’t really bother me, but if I’m walking away from you, don’t keep following me.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I'm a huge fan of saying HI to strangers like that's my thing. I love it. It gets me HIGH.

HOLDING DOORS FOR PEOPLE. Omg I'm cumming.

The only way I can get off is by watching other people be thankful.
    I will literally talk to anybody but I’m from the south and we talk a lot. Even about your Mom’s hemorrhoids after only knowing each other 5 minutes.

Unless I’m in recluse mode and then forget about it.
    Technologist victim of incest
    I like letting people in in traffic, and if they don’t give me the “thank you wave”, I flip em the bird.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Technologist I like letting people in in traffic, and if they don’t give me the “thank you wave”, I flip em the bird.

I give so many "thank you waves" I may as well be a thank you wave machine. I LOVE giving thanks. So hard.
    I just fly the piece sign
Jump to Top