User Controls

Hey lannny..300blok?

TiGuR2 Yung Blood
    I dropped off a lady at a secret socialite Halloween digz.. I drive down south of market.. Trying to make n adjustment.. Dude in front rolls of opening a narrow parking space.. Some people walked past.. N a blond haired dude looked like your WoF star photo.. And looked at me for 3 or 4 seconds then swipes his fob key to enter a building.. 300 block? I wont say wut street but was it you?
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Are you back totse3?
    Ghost Black Hole
    Was he about 300 pounds?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Negative, although I did take a Lyft from market to sunset this evening for a Halloween thing because there was some animal rights protest fucking up all the buses that ran along market
    Jackrabbitpsych African Astronaut
    They should protest in the forests ...or something

Fucking up traffic and buses does not help their cause.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Jackrabbitpsych They should protest in the forests …or something

Fucking up traffic and buses does not help their cause.

kek

BLM protested across a highway, blocking traffic, and a few of them got injured when a driver told them to fuck off and punched through

they complained that the ambulance took like 4 hours to get there... because the highway was blocked
    Originally posted by aldra kek

BLM protested across a highway, blocking traffic, and a few of them got injured when a driver told them to fuck off and punched through

they complained that the ambulance took like 4 hours to get there… because the highway was blocked

Umm what does "kek" mean?
    Kool eKids Klub
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Jackrabbitfyi Umm what does "kek" mean?

It refers to an ancient Egyptian God.
    Originally posted by Lanny It refers to an ancient Egyptian God.

OK. And why? What is the meaning behind it.

Never mind I google it. Damn I hate that we became so lazy we had to use acronyms and emoticons (that make no sense) and video game terms to communicate I think society is winning. Ugh
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    It's the same way language has evolved for as long as it's been a thing my guy. Just accept language is fundamentally arbitrary and the only way it can be correct or take on meaning is through its coherent use in a society.
    Originally posted by Lanny It's the same way language has evolved for as long as it's been a thing my guy. Just accept language is fundamentally arbitrary and the only way it can be correct or take on meaning is through its coherent use in a society.

I'm not a guy. Lol lol

Fuck society... Sorry I hate when I conform. It's rare I do but as in your comment here, when it comes to certain types of social situations you conform, you can't communicate otherwise.

Its not like I walk around my area talking to people in acronym though. The only this is say out loud is "PS btw"... Lol
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Jackrabbitfyi I'm not a guy. Lol lol

You're still my guy, my girly guy.

Fuck society… Sorry I hate when I conform. It's rare I do but as in your comment here, when it comes to certain types of social situations you conform, you can't communicate otherwise.

Its not like I walk around my area talking to people in acronym though. The only this is say out loud is "PS btw"… Lol

It's true, our language is naturally a system of conformity. Submission to the twin tyrannies of the grammar and lexicon is what enables us to communicate at all. But it's exactly for that reason that "kek" is a valid piece of language: we understand it and conform in that we mutually recognize its meaning. Even if you think it's a stupid phrase (hey, I think a huge amount of our language is stupid too) we still read it and comprehend the writer's intention in some rough and ready way.

Also "PS" is a great example of abbreviation which, I believe, was a construct of the telegraph era of communications which has entered our spoken language almost exclusively as an acronym. No everyone uses the term "PS" in speech, although it's not uncommon, but no one says "post script: such and such" we say "PS: such and such". An excellent example of how technology has shaped out spoken language for nearly 100 years, although I imagine we can find such examples for as long as the written word has survived. Saying "e.g." like "ee gee" is an example in English that presumably had near 2000 years of precedence.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Are you saying I'm your "man bitch, female style" lol

Everytime I see Kek I start to get offended a bit then I realize they didn't say Kike... Is that weird?

Well PS makes sense to me, due to its long standing meaning I suppose. When its done over and over it gets annoying though.

"Like IDK hru... FFS lmao, u r 2 gr8."

Seriously just put me on a raft with Wilson cuz I can't live in a world that communicates that way. It's heinous... Honestly
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Jackrabbitfyi Are you saying I'm your "man bitch, female style" lol

No, it's just like "my dude" or "my man", except it rhymes so it's inherently better my dude.

Everytime I see Kek I start to get offended a bit then I realize they didn't say Kike… Is that weird?

That does seem unusual. Are you jedi?

Well PS makes sense to me, due to its long standing meaning I suppose. When its done over and over it gets annoying though.

Right, so things with an established basis in the language (by some metric) are perfectly acceptable by merit of their wide use. Expressions like "kek" which are in fairly wide use but not yet part of the literary standard are simply words which are wholly valid and simply a hop and a skip away from being "proper" English.

"Like IDK hru… FFS lmao, u r 2 gr8."

Seriously just put me on a raft with Wilson cuz I can't live in a world that communicates that way. It's heinous… Honestly

Your ancestors not too many generations back would have said exactly the same thing about even the most proper language you could produce today. Even "cuz" would make your grade school English teacher cringe. Dogmatically holding to some kind of "snapshot" of language is silly, arbitrary, and the only reason anyone feels a need to do it is because your society beat the standard form of your language into you and told you it was the "right way" to speak and write.
    Originally posted by Jackrabbitfyi OK. And why? What is the meaning behind it.

Never mind I google it. Damn I hate that we became so lazy we had to use acronyms and emoticons (that make no sense) and video game terms to communicate I think society is winning. Ugh

what does society win when language is fully degraded? a toaster?>
    Originally posted by Lanny Your ancestors not too many generations back would have said exactly the same thing about even the most proper language you could produce today. Even "cuz" would make your grade school English teacher cringe. Dogmatically holding to some kind of "snapshot" of language is silly, arbitrary, and the only reason anyone feels a need to do it is because your society beat the standard form of your language into you and told you it was the "right way" to speak and write.

this is the linguistic equivalent of pissing all over the toilet seat because you were frustrated that the person who used it before you had pissed all over the toilet seat
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    Originally posted by aldra what does society win when language is fully degraded? a toaster?>

Yeah, it's just a toaster.
    Originally posted by GGG Yeah, it's just a toaster.

I was thinking of that joke, fyi:

And Jesus said, "Come forth and receive everlasting life." But John came fifth, and received a toaster.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by aldra this is the linguistic equivalent of pissing all over the toilet seat because you were frustrated that the person who used it before you had pissed all over the toilet seat

There are obvious and fairly objective disadvantages to a pissed upon toilet seat. By what measure is accepting the reality that language is defined by common usage and that correctness is, at most, a function of consensus objectively disadvantageous? Are you actually arguing that we "ought" to hold to a consistent linguistic standard starting today and stretching into the future forever.

Go learn lojban or espronto or something then bromo.
Jump to Top