User Controls

"New" used laptop, reinstall OS?

A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    For "security" ?

Seems to have came with a fresh reinstall of Win 8.1 . I'm used to, and like using Windows 7 cause it doesn't do the tablet thing when you press the start button. I would probably put 7 on just for that except that support for it is supposed to end in a year or two. But win 8.1 is supposed to be supported till bout like 2023 so maybe I should just image it for backup and call it good?

Is running an antivirus / anti malware sufficient to clean any nasties that they could have hidden on the machine?
    Thots/suggies ?
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    What kind of nasties?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I dunno I was thinking something that steals passwords or documents. Dumb question anyway, I'm gonna wipe and put 10 on it - I just wanted someone to tell me it would be fine so I could save some time.
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    Oh. Don't do it bud. U might regret it
    LMRAO how did you say that?
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Install new one.
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    Originally posted by A College Professor LMRAO how did you say that?

Lol!

Please. 🙄
    How did u know I was gonna say it 🤔
    AFAIK no one runs Win 8 besides people who don't know any better. And Win 8 will prompt you to upgrade to Win 10 anyway.

So the choice is Windows 7 or 10. I'm on 10 but 7 is still great, I don't really see why you'd want to upgrade unless some specific software requires it, you're not missing out on much.
    esbity African Astronaut
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING 2.0 - The GMO Reckoning So the choice is Windows 7 or 10. I'm on 10 but 7 is still great, I don't really see why you'd want to upgrade unless some specific software requires it, you're not missing out on much.

No No No. No windows. Put your favorite flavour of Linux on that machine FTW.
    Bueno motherfucker
Jump to Top