User Controls

How do I claw my way our of the epistemological void I find myself in?

HTS highlight reel
    Serious question. Is this hell?

I've been trapped in an absurd solipsistic nightmare for like 13 years. I want out, but I also don't want to get on "the bus" with Malice and Hydro. Do I just... uhh... keep doing what I'm doing? Do I just keep on having weird, vaguely transcendental experiences with synchronicity - which I'll never truly understand - and content myself with distractions? Should I try to "make something of my life", even though ultimately nothing I accomplish matters and it'd only ever just be another form of distraction to me? *sigh*
    Item 9 African Astronaut
    It doesn’t matter how many times you feel trapped. There is always a way out. Don’t give up.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Item 9 It doesn’t matter how many times you feel trapped. There is always a way out. Don’t give up.

Yeah, like I said, I'm not planning on getting on the bus. I've given up on giving up, for now. I just... don't know what to do. I just want a way to satiate myself, when all life has to offer me is distractions.
    Item 9 African Astronaut
    You ever get into thought loops where you think about what you would do if you could go back to some date years in the past and relive ur life from then?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Lucy butt. Has there been a period in your life that you ever felt a purpose, or drive, or something along those lines..?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Item 9 You ever get into thought loops where you think about what you would do if you could go back to some date years in the past and relive ur life from then?

No. Nobody has ever thought about what they could've done differently. You're the only one.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by mmQ Lucy butt. Has there been a period in your life that you ever felt a purpose, or drive, or something along those lines..?

Not strongly... not consistently, no. I've had inclinations to do things, but I can't remember ever feeling truly driven to accomplish some goal. This whole tranny thing is probably the most consistent effort I've put into any one thing in my life. πŸ˜“
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by HTS Not strongly… not consistently, no. I've had inclinations to do things, but I can't remember ever feeling truly driven to accomplish some goal. This whole tranny thing is probably the most consistent effort I've put into any one thing in my life. πŸ˜“

I am so fucking retarded at advice I have no idea why I keep trying to give it. There should be a saying "if you cant take your own advice, just die." and then I should listen to it. :=

I don't give a fuck about your gender adventures. I just know Lucy, but as you probably know too, you don't ever truly know anyone. So advice is futile. just do this! Just do thst! it doesn't work. It never does.

But. BUT. I also learned saying NEVER is a bad thing. So technically you're supposed to at least always believe. I can't and I won't statements DO become ingrained. They just do. Lol.

Anyway I'm drunk and I uhh, wish the best for every person in the world etc. Seveunteen million heartz!!!, β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‰β€οΈπŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜β€οΈπŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜β€οΈπŸ˜πŸ˜˜β€οΈ
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by mmQ I am so fucking retarded at advice I have no idea why I keep trying to give it. There should be a saying "if you cant take your own advice, just die." and then I should listen to it. :=

I don't give a fuck about your gender adventures. I just know Lucy, but as you probably know too, you don't ever truly know anyone. So advice is futile. just do this! Just do thst! it doesn't work. It never does.

But. BUT. I also learned saying NEVER is a bad thing. So technically you're supposed to at least always believe. I can't and I won't statements DO become ingrained. They just do. Lol.

Anyway I'm drunk and I uhh, wish the best for every person in the world etc. Seveunteen million heartz!!!, β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‰β€οΈπŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜β€οΈπŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜β€οΈπŸ˜πŸ˜˜β€οΈ

You're a sweetheart, mq. πŸ’–
    totse3.com Space Nigga
    Originally posted by HTS Serious question. Is this hell?

I've been trapped in an absurd solipsistic nightmare for like 13 years. I want out, but I also don't want to get on "the bus" with Malice and Hydro. Do I just… uhh… keep doing what I'm doing? Do I just keep on having weird, vaguely transcendental experiences with synchronicity - which I'll never truly understand - and content myself with distractions? Should I try to "make something of my life", even though ultimately nothing I accomplish matters and it'd only ever just be another form of distraction to me? *sigh*

I'm sorry for you HTS

Hope you find the answer.

as for "The Bus"

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    Keep pursuing what you want, and strengthen your resolve if you have to. The only way I've found to make this bearable is to become even more delusional.
    Ghost Black Hole
    You need a hobby.

Facebook and YouTube are just extensions of socialization that fill the void of interaction.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Ghost You need a hobby.

Facebook and YouTube are just extensions of socialization that fill the void of interaction.

A hobby is the same though. It's just a distraction... just another thing to fill the void.
    Ghost Black Hole
    You need a PASSION like music, art or science.

I know these are just surrogate activities, professor Ted was right. Careers are the same thing but besides hedonism and raw survival what really is the point of existing?

Some people live their whole lives to have children and raise them. You need something that moves your spirit not just your mind.

Maybe religion? Who knows.. I can't quite pin you down.. you are a complex amazing individual so you need something just as awesome to give you passion and drive in life.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Zanick Keep pursuing what you want, and strengthen your resolve if you have to. The only way I've found to make this bearable is to become even more delusional.

For being a lefty, you're really good at it.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Ghost You need a PASSION like music, art or science.

I mean, agree. But passion isn't just something I can pull out of nowhere. *sigh*
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Originally posted by HTS I mean, agree. But passion isn't just something I can pull out of nowhere. *sigh*

I feel like I'm going through something very similar in my life right now.

The only difference is that I do have a passion or two that keep me well-distracted. It's true, at the end of the day, that they really are just distractions to keep us existentially occupied and to keep our minds from veering off into considerations of the finite nature, and utter intrinsic meaninglessness, of life.

But they are the only way to cope with it all effectively. I'm certain of the fact that, even if you don't have any true 'passions' in your life at the moment, you can always find one.

The real trick to it all is achieving that sensation of "flow". It's a topic discussed both in empirical Western psychology, as well as ancient Eastern philosophical teachings, going back to Hindu and Buddhist concepts.

At the end of the day, sure, it's just a coping mechanism. But if you really hit that sweet spot, you lose all concern about the capricious and transient nature of happiness. Whatever true happiness is, that's about as close as some of us will get to it.

Look to your past for cases where you've experienced that sensation of being lost in the moment, enraptured with wonder or excitement while engaging in some task. I'd be quite surprised if you have none whatsoever to draw upon, but even if you do find no such memory arising, seek out new such experiences, but with a truly open mind.

You'll find something.

And maybe, the search itself will be enough to sustain and invigorate you.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    fashion a shovel from despair
    Mewsik African Astronaut [diagonally photosensitise my summation]
    Originally posted by HTS Not strongly… not consistently, no. I've had inclinations to do things, but I can't remember ever feeling truly driven to accomplish some goal. This whole tranny thing is probably the most consistent effort I've put into any one thing in my life. πŸ˜“

What do you do most days?
    Mewsik African Astronaut [diagonally photosensitise my summation]
    Originally posted by gadzooks I feel like I'm going through something very similar in my life right now.

The only difference is that I do have a passion or two that keep me well-distracted. It's true, at the end of the day, that they really are just distractions to keep us existentially occupied and to keep our minds from veering off into considerations of the finite nature, and utter intrinsic meaninglessness, of life.

But they are the only way to cope with it all effectively. I'm certain of the fact that, even if you don't have any true 'passions' in your life at the moment, you can always find one.

The real trick to it all is achieving that sensation of "flow". It's a topic discussed both in empirical Western psychology, as well as ancient Eastern philosophical teachings, going back to Hindu and Buddhist concepts.

At the end of the day, sure, it's just a coping mechanism. But if you really hit that sweet spot, you lose all concern about the capricious and transient nature of happiness. Whatever true happiness is, that's about as close as some of us will get to it.

Look to your past for cases where you've experienced that sensation of being lost in the moment, enraptured with wonder or excitement while engaging in some task. I'd be quite surprised if you have none whatsoever to draw upon, but even if you do find no such memory arising, seek out new such experiences, but with a truly open mind.

You'll find something.

And maybe, the search itself will be enough to sustain and invigorate you.

Wow I can’t believe I read this on NIS. πŸ‘πŸ‘
Jump to Top